Notices

4/10 - TRG Qualifies 5-7 for Phoenix 250

Old 04-10-2004, 11:28 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 4/10 - TRG Qualifies 5-7 for Phoenix 250

April 10, 2004:

On a mild desert day, the two blue and yellow Porsches of The Racer’s Group qualified 5-7 in class for Saturday’s Grand-American Rolex Sports Car Series Phoenix 250. Team owner Kevin Buckler qualified the #67 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in 5th position on the GT grid for today's race. Boston area entrepreneur and longtime sports car racer RJ Valentine qualified the #66 F1 Air/Gleason Agency Porsche 7th in class, and set his fast lap of the weekend in the process.

”Our weekend is going very well,” said Valentine, “and qualifying is proof of that. Despite the heat and the slick track, our crew gave Ian, Chris and me a great car to race tomorrow. I’m looking forward to starting the race, and our plan is to work our way up the field and stay out of trouble. It’s going to be crowded out there, so we’ll play it smart and look for a great result.”

Valentine’s teammate Chris Gleason agreed with RJ’s assessment. “The #66 car is the best I’ve felt it. It’s amazing how much easier it is to drive a perfectly set-up car quickly – the car is so responsive and user-friendly. We know clearly where the car’s limits are, which allow us to drive very fast.”

Kevin Buckler said: “I feel good with my time. As always, the qualifying time is faster than the race pace, and our car is nearly perfect – most definitely race ready. Liz [Halliday, Buckler’s co-driver] acclimated very quickly to the circuit, and cranked out some really good laps in today’s practice session. And RJ Valentine! Unbelievable times out of him today – he’s up there mixing it up with the young pros at the front of the field! We’re looking forward to a strong race tomorrow.”

The Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series Phoenix 250 will be broadcast live on Speed.

For the latest news and event photos, visit www.theracersgroup.com

Photos from previous race - courtesy of Bob Chapman

Old 04-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the report.

Those pics from Sebring are excellent!

I thought Kevin said he wasn't going to drive any longer?

Greg A
Old 04-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Laura
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand, Kevin has stepped down from driving responsibilities only in the ALMS series. He is devoting his technical and mangerial skills to the New Century Mortgage sponsored Porsche RSR's driven by Wagner/Long/Collins and Ehret/Mathews(?). He will continue to campaign the #66 in the Grand Am series.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks!

Greg A
Old 04-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Shane-TRG
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Laura is correct, Kevin is driving only the Grand-Am races this season. He's focused on managing the ALMS team.

I suppose I should have introduced myself, I'm Shane, the Marketing Director for the team. We'll be making a formal announcement about it, but we've gotten into Le Mans and will be developing a one-off livery and branding campaign for the race. It's going to be amazing - a step UP from everything we did at Sebring!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:21 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Well - Shane - it's about dang time you posted!!

Make posting a habit, OK??!!!

Best to ya!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yaaaay! I just showed my boyfriend the cars we here at Rennlist help to sponsor, and he smiled, which is pretty good, considering he hates my 944 with a vengeance (she stranded him once, lol.).

Here's a toast to you all, hard working with the Racer's Group! Hip, hip, hurrah!

- Julie
Old 05-12-2004, 09:30 PM
gooseNSJ4
Addict
Rennlist Member

What a great photos, one should make a wall paper for garage walls.

Regards.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Dick Dobson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Are you fielding any customer's in the GT3 Cup Challange Series?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4/10 - TRG Qualifies 5-7 for Phoenix 250