Sponsored by:

Pivoting Visors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Yokoa
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pivoting Visors?

Does anyone know how I could modify/change the sun visors on a so that they pivot? I'm tired of being dazzled when the sun comes in the driver's side window.

I've posted this message on the 987 board with no responses. I presume it may be more helpful here because there are a lot more 986's than 87's.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Pivoting visors... 'bout all I think you could do is perhaps...

Originally Posted by Yokoa
Does anyone know how I could modify/change the sun visors on a so that they pivot? I'm tired of being dazzled when the sun comes in the driver's side window.

I've posted this message on the 987 board with no responses. I presume it may be more helpful here because there are a lot more 986's than 87's.

Thanks in advance for your help.
adapt pivoting visors from another vehicle.

I feel your pain: After a recent road trip which involved spending hours driving with the sun coming in through the driver's side window I sure wish the visors pivoted against the side windows to help block sun from the side!

I got tired of holding my left hand up against my head to shield my eyes and while I had a baseball cap and used it, I had to put it on so ****-eyed to arrange the bill to block the sun that I still have goofy looking hair...

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know that IQ is directly related to the inverse of the degree of rotation of the baseball cap.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Tierce
Pro

What's IQ? I don't wear a baseball cap.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:06 PM
mreric
Advanced

Paint all the windows and drive blind? the visors suck in mine almost as much as the cup holder. I have also pondered this, and looked at other car's visors, but have not found anything...

I am reassured I bought the car for looks over practicality every time I try to use the visors... or the cup holders... or the glove box I don't have... or listen to the stereo... or need to transport something larger than a breadbox... or have more than 1 passenger... or pull out of a sloped driveway over 10 mph... or try to look behind me with the top up... BUT again, it's pretty :-)
Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Since on most sunny days, I've got the top down anyways, what's the point of a tiny visor I can rotate over? I'm supporting the baseball hat and RayBan sunglasses method!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Tierce
Pro

Originally Posted by mreric
the visors suck in mine almost as much as the cup holder.
Wow, you have a cupholder? must be nice.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:45 AM
mreric
Advanced

well, no. I have the thing Porsche supplied that clips into the vent. It will hold a tall starbucks or a can of soda, but nothing larger... I think the Germans are trying to tell us that you should be focused more on driving and less on the Venti Caramel Macchiato...
Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Ray H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Laifman
Since on most sunny days, I've got the top down anyways, what's the point of a tiny visor I can rotate over? I'm supporting the baseball hat and RayBan sunglasses method!
+1
Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 AM
djomlas
Intermediate

i was cleaning my interior the other day and took a air freshener off to clean around the rea view mirror, and since i just cleaned everyhting i tucked the airfeeshener in the little thing on the mirror, that little belt looking thing, and i kinda forgot about it.
well few days ago i saw it i was like sht i forgot about this. i guess alcohol or whatever is in there got the leather all bubbled up and now it looks like crap

so dont do that heheh

Quick Reply: Pivoting Visors?