Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy NO ETHANOL gas in the CT/NY area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:35 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Where can I buy NO ETHANOL gas in the CT/NY area?

I saw one gas station in the Saratoga, NY area advertising NO ETHANOL GAS. I want to use non ethanol gas in my old 911 to keep the fuel cell and MFI alive.

Does anyone know of any stations in South Eastern New York that sell it? How about Massachusetts, do they mandate Ethanol in their gas?

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:36 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem in SC - every gas station is using 10% Ethanol. However, Chevron isn't. Maybe you can check your local Chevron stations and find out if they are.

I've been spreading the word....
Old 06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Good thread, would be interested for Northern New Jersey, too.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by analogmike
I saw one gas station in the Saratoga, NY area advertising NO ETHANOL GAS. I want to use non ethanol gas in my old 911 to keep the fuel cell and MFI alive.

Does anyone know of any stations in South Eastern New York that sell it? How about Massachusetts, do they mandate Ethanol in their gas?

Thanks!
No recent experience in NY State, but it began coming into south Florida recently. I was surprised to see that Hess is now 10% ethanol, a few others also. No ethanol at Chevron yet.

Now on vacation in SW Colorado and no sign of ethanol at all. But they've got quite a bit of the real thing underground out here, and better yet, they/re willing to drill for it. At least for now.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:12 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

I've been to Chevron stations that have the ethanol stickers, so it must be hit and miss.

Didn't some national mandate happen recently and that's why we are all stuck with it now instead of just people in corn states?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:13 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Any kart tracks nearby?
Most will use/sell VP Fuels (no ethanol).
VP MS93 (95 motor octane) unleaded is a good choice
VP MS98L (100 motor octane) leaded is a very popular fuel at kart tracks.
Or you can always order it from your local VP distributor in whatever size/amount you need/want.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:48 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Just tanked-up the SUV, so plenty of time to stare at the pumps as the $$ fly by!

Lukoil didn't have any sticker displaying an Ethanol additive.

Just my $75 worth

Trending Topics

Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Any kart tracks nearby?
Most will use/sell VP Fuels (no ethanol).
At $13 gallon like I paid yesterday?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Noel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Every gas station I have visited in MA during the last three years I have lived here has 10% ethanol.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:02 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

10% ethanol will do absolutely nothing negative to your fuel system. If you are attached to horror stories, I am sure they are misaligned with the ethanol instead of whatever else was the demise of the 30 year old fuel system.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Brendan,

I must disagree with you. I found my daily driver was losing about 7 mpg because of the 10% ethanol. Now that I am off that diet - I've gained back my mpg.

Also, I have learned that if you are using ethanol, please keep your tanks full. Turns out that if you are 1/2 tank or less - water will start to condense and rust out your tank and who knows what else.

I was wondering about the effects, there are a lot of good scientific reading on the net about it -- but now I know first hand.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Every gas station here in Tampa is now 10% Ethanol. I can not fins any. I was in Soth Florida 2 weeks ago and all over TN and E10 is now everywhere.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:05 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
Brendan,

I must disagree with you. I found my daily driver was losing about 7 mpg because of the 10% ethanol. Now that I am off that diet - I've gained back my mpg.

Also, I have learned that if you are using ethanol, please keep your tanks full. Turns out that if you are 1/2 tank or less - water will start to condense and rust out your tank and who knows what else.

I was wondering about the effects, there are a lot of good scientific reading on the net about it -- but now I know first hand.
I was focusing on the physical effects. Bad info abounds both on the internet, and by hacks like they had on NPR this morning expousing algae gas, but ripping on ethanol.

MPG? Then I agree. You need more for cars not designed for it.

Tank Rust - why would a tank be standard steel? Are ANY tanks standard steel with no coating since 1965? Tanks today are coated. They have been coated for many years. Hell, the tank in my tahoe is plastic - but thats bad for a different reason - but not for small amounts of ethanol - I probably wouldn't have a problem even if I ran 50%.

Again - MPG - you are correct. As for ethanol rusting tanks, stealing children, and sleeping with wives, its simply internet disinfo.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

And fuel cells are supposed to be coated as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK Darkside, you may have been wrong with the "tank rust" conclusion, but condensation forming water in your gas tank is still not a feature that most will enjoy!

BrendanC will soon reveal his personal interest in the successful adoption of Ethanol here, as he did elsewhere when this subject came up.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy NO ETHANOL gas in the CT/NY area?