Sponsored by:

Tarett Rear Drop Links...

Old 06-13-2009, 03:49 AM
TurboLaal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tarett Rear Drop Links...

Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried the Tarett drop links? They look really sweet and high quality! I have a h & r street coil over set to install with an h & r sway bar set. I would like to run at rs height or so...will these end links work for me? From the research I have found it looks like I'm probably going to need to get the rs drop links in the rear for clearance around the control arms? If anyone has had luck with these I'd like to try them. Otherwise if I need to get some rs links who has the best pricing...my dealer quoted me $128 a piece

Thanks for the info,

Russ
Old 06-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on the front and rear with the RS sway bars and they work great. When I purchased the car the amount of preload on the sway bars was aweful and they taretts took care of it
Old 06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
TurboLaal
Instructor

That is good to hear! Your car looks pretty low, what ride height are you at? No issues with needing the rear end links with a bend huh? Do you have access to all of the adjustments in your rear bar with the Tarett's? Thanks for the reply
Old 06-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

there isn't a stock suspension part on my car so I can't really comment with stock clearances but I have ample room for adjustments with my setup. The reason for the upgrade for me was the preload in the sway bars and needed further adjustment than the RS sway links would allow

No idea what the ride height is at but its current height is lower than my avitar with the top of the tires tucked into the GT2 fenders
Old 06-13-2009, 01:05 PM
TurboLaal
Instructor

Hmm...I think I might try them, I would ask if you have any issues with clearance in the front, but I bet your not AWD anymore and I still am. Do you think the tarett front links have enough clearance with front axles installed? Thanks again for the quick responses!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TurboLaal
Hmm...I think I might try them, I would ask if you have any issues with clearance in the front, but I bet your not AWD anymore and I still am. Do you think the tarett front links have enough clearance with front axles installed? Thanks again for the quick responses!
I would say no since the stock fronts are curved (i think) and the tarrets are not. I don't have awd anymore so its not a problem but i don't think the fronts will work with awd. Maybe some of the awd guys can chime in
Old 06-13-2009, 08:30 PM
TurboLaal
Instructor

Yeah, I'd be a little curious to here what the AWD guys have to say about the front....
Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Fitment in the rear depends on your drop link mount. I.e. if you can get the drop link mount attachment point pretty low, you're fine. Spartan and I run Moton/JRZ so the Tarett links work fine for us since you can put the drop link mount all the way down. If it were higher up (like PSS9) I'm not sure it would work well (might not be able to reach the inner-most hole). In that case, the curved RS links do the trick.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The Tarrett front does not work with GT2 Evo uprights and suspension in the wide body position, I can confirm that.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
TurboLaal
Instructor

I will have to check and see where my drop link mount is...I think i've seen lower drop mounts available on the FVD site?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got them, its a nice piece

http://www.paragon-products.com/prod...e-993rdlnk.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tarett Rear Drop Links...