Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to setup coolers on the PDK?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 04:01 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to setup coolers on the PDK?

Hi all, I have a PDK box from a 2018 Cayman with factory LSD. It's going behind an LS7 in my Ultima GTR track car and maximum cooling upgrades are a priority along with a clutch upgrade to try and make it live a long life.

The box has the two standard oil to water coolers one for clutch fluid and one for gear oil. I'll be using a deeper billet PDK pan to start with and the rest of the cars cooling is optimised but I'd appreciate any advice from experience in maximising the cooling for this gearbox.

From trawling through all the various posts on the subject I know the conventional upgrade path for the clutch fluid cooler seems to be a larger one from LN Engineering. Is this still the best option currently available? Has anyone used an air to oil cooler for the clutch fluid instead?

I also know that some use an additional air to oil cooler on the gear side, but where are these being tapped to the box and are they being run with the factory oil/water gear oil cooler left in place, or somehow replacing the factory cooler?

Quick Reply: How to setup coolers on the PDK?