Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 Build questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 12:48 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 547 Likes on 373 Posts

Are black brake calipers still an option? Power steering plus, I believe you can code that on and off using a x431 or thinkdiag which is only $100. I don't have it and don't feel the need or want for it. It just reduces steering effort in parking situations.

The Bose is just so-so, but it has a subwoofer at least for some resemblance of bass. The thing with getting the Bose is you can more easily upgrade to musicar I believe.

I don't remember, spasm, sport Chrono or PTV? If you plan on tracking it, I think all of those are musts. If this is just going to be more of a fun cruiser, then you can skip those.

Last edited by spdracerut; 04-03-2024 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:12 AM
StickShiftKev
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal-NSX
beauty is subjective, but the yellow with red combo has always reminded me of McDonald’s…

the only interior that goes well with yellow is black imo
Now that you mentioned it is a McDonald’s combo, I can’t unsee it, lol!

Old 04-03-2024, 11:51 PM
StickShiftKev
Track Day

My most recent build : https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR3FMS67

Open to suggestions and comments.

One thing I am thinking if I should upgrade or not. Keep the stock trim or upgrade to Black Brushed Aluminum?

Old 04-03-2024, 11:58 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 547 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by StickShiftKev

One thing I am thinking if I should upgrade or not. Keep the stock trim or upgrade to Black Brushed Aluminum?
I recall the stock trim is gloss black. Is a pain in the *** to keep clean and fingerprint free. On the dash cam pre wiring, Ive read it's about worthless. I'd recommend researching more on it.
Old 04-04-2024, 02:41 PM
sonicworld
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul S.
  • I recommend the sill guards if you're ever going to have women in high heels ride shotgun. Bare and those sills just beg for scratches
I been looking for sill guards, I did a quick search and only found one company "KI Studios" that has them. Are those the ones you would recommend?
Old 04-04-2024, 03:48 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
I been looking for sill guards, I did a quick search and only found one company "KI Studios" that has them. Are those the ones you would recommend?
They can be ordered as a factory option (which is what the OP is doing). Have no idea about aftermarket other than ordering the Porsche parts from the dealer/online source of your choice.

Last edited by Paul S.; 04-04-2024 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:56 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 684 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
I don't remember, spasm, sport Chrono or PTV? If you plan on tracking it, I think all of those are musts. If this is just going to be more of a fun cruiser, then you can skip those.
Those are all standard on a GTS. And they are all excellent to have even on a fun cruiser as it makes it much more fun and comfortable.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:02 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

I quadruple down on what others say about the smoking pack. It's a bit of a rookie mistake to skip it.

Personally, I'm over the satin black wheel look. I have two Porsches right now with them and I'm not going there again if I can help it. It looks pretty good on your spec so long as you are good with the militaristic look. But where they seem out of place to me is with the white interior. I would suggest going with the gray wheels that way there's a color gradient transition from very business-like exterior to the very light interior.

As for Bose, just take it if you don't plan on doing any aftermarket car audio mods and aren't an audiophile.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:17 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 249 Posts

Congrats. Looks very good to me. I like the black exterior with the red/black interior. Regarding seats, did you check out all the options?

Black brushed aluminum might make it a little too dark. I have the brushed aluminum trim and it looks nice with the Bordeaux leather in my car. I have the shifter in brushed aluminium as well. It is a no cost option. The standard trim is shiny but perfectly fine as well. A neat option is steering column casing in leather with deviated stitching in Bordeaux red to match the rest of the trim. 670 bucks.

Smoking package adds an extra 12v socket in the console which is useful and a no cost option. To me, you have all the bases covered. Wheel colors are personal preferences.

Last edited by AnandN; 04-04-2024 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:20 PM
StickShiftKev
Track Day

Thank you for your notes. I think you made some good points. Maybe the black brushed is too dark. Do you have pictures of your interior?

Also the smoking package, would it remove a place for me to place a phone? I see that the smoking package adds a lid on top of the hole.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:38 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,344 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Also the smoking package, would it remove a place for me to place a phone? I see that the smoking package adds a lid on top of the hole.
You can’t put a phone in the oddments tray hole…maybe a chapstick and few coins. Get the smokers package
Old 04-04-2024, 11:47 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Unless you're still using a first gen Motorola Razor, no phone fits into that shallow lint tray.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:55 AM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 249 Posts

Thank you for your notes. I think you made some good points. Maybe the black brushed is too dark. Do you have pictures of your interior?

Here are a couple of pictures of my interior. The center armrest has a shallow bin and a USB port for the phone.

Quick Reply: 718 Build questions