Sponsored by:

Canadian Car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 10:12 AM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Canadian Car?

Are there any known things to be aware of on a Canadian market car vs USA?
The analog dial shows MPH on the car, which I thought would be KM. I know the electronics can be configured since it showing French at the moment.
Anything else?
Old 04-12-2024, 10:35 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,691 Likes on 937 Posts

Quebec is our rust belt. Worst condition cars in the country are located there. Might not be an issue on a Sports car but I would inspect it very carefully before buying.

Besides the usual checks, check under the floor mats to see if there is evidence of salt stains around where the floor mat goes. You probably don't wnat one with that since it was winter driven. I've seen 2-3 year old cars from quebec with over a CM of salt build up around the mat so much salt was used.

Rock chips and body damage seem to be more prevalent there too. The ideal place to buy a car from in Canada is the coast of BC or the okanagan provided it spent it's life there. If it's rock chip and damage free, it was probably owned by a guy that babied it, but if it's fully peppered with rock chips i'd pass as that is also an indication it was winter driven.

High KM i'd be wary of too.

Quebec cars are cheapest for a reason, but sometimes you find a gem that can't sell at a good price because of the stigma of quebec. Like all places so I wouldn't discount anything outright.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:56 PM
DER951
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Not sure if this is about importing a car from Canada to the USA, if so, you’ll need documentation from Porsche citing the car’s VIN that it meets all US regulations for the year of manufacture.
The following users liked this post:
Z06jerry (04-14-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 09:58 PM
porsche526
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

I just purchased a canada car here in usa…. Its all good. Warranty is good. There are no issue. Mine had 100 miles on it
Old 04-23-2024, 08:05 AM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Series
Are there any known things to be aware of on a Canadian market car vs USA?
The analog dial shows MPH on the car, which I thought would be KM. I know the electronics can be configured since it showing French at the moment.
Anything else?
If the car is already in the US, they would have already changed the gauges as part of the import process. Late last year I imported a Spyder from CA so have lots of first hand knowledge on the process:

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...om-canada.html
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 04:33 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 416 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNKT2
If the car is already in the US, they would have already changed the gauges as part of the import process. Late last year I imported a Spyder from CA so have lots of first hand knowledge on the process:

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...om-canada.html
Great thread and the first thing I thought of reading OP's post.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 02 https://bit.ly/49A6n4M

Quick Reply: Canadian Car?