Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4/Spyder Colours Photo Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Mash
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Playing with combos

Old 10-03-2019, 11:13 AM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

My vote is for the first option, I love these red tops...
Old 10-05-2019, 01:44 PM
bruinmd
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Suggestion: Try a build with the platinum wheels with both red and black calipers.

Also, is adding the "PORSCHE' log along the side panels an option??
Old 10-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3T
I did a drive for about an hour after picking her up. Also taking it easy and was mostly through the city rather than any interesting roads. Breaking in so did not venture past 4000 rpm.

Steering is wonderful. A huge improvement. Feels like my GT3 RS Gen 2. Wonderful weight and surprising amount of feel and directness.

Gearbox is a delight, super short in throw and riffle bolt in action. Very similar in feeling to My GT3 Touring which is a huge compliment!

Can’t comment on the gearing as I was short shifting the whole time. But I’m super impressed with the engine and how much more torque it has. It revs more freely for sure and I’m imagining that it will make the long gearing less of an issue for some people as it spins up more quickly to the red line. Time will tell as I get through that break in period.

Engine and exhaust sound is very different. I’m not saying I prefer the 981 to this or that I prefer this to the 981 but it is deeper in tone with more of a rumble. Reminds me of the boom like deep throated rumble that happens in my GT3 Touring when the valves open. Again can’t really comment until I can fully open her up but I would say it’s really does sound fantastic at idle and at lower RPMs especially with the sports exhaust on. No overrun backfiring or artificial burbles and I’m personally very happy about that as its more in line with the GT3 and RS and for me less tiring and more about the sound of the engine and exhaust under load rather than when changing gear or lifting off the gas.

Suspension is very compliant and not at all harsh in the softest setting. Did not try the stiffer option yet. Too early to comment more as did not push through any more challenging corners.

I’m looking forward to having the roof down for the first time for a more intense and aural experience and experiencing more over the coming kms.
Thanks for sharing the thoughts and impressions about the car and how it drives.
It would be very very nice if you shared more impressions as you add more seat time in the car.
I imagine that i am not alone amongst those who would highly appreciate further sharing. Particularly for those who are awaiting deliveries.
Enjoy in good health.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Yellow Submarine
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

@Mash:

First 3 I like. Problem with the red calipers is the red roof is another red altogether, which would annoy me.
The following 3 users liked this post by Yellow Submarine:
Bolle SC (06-07-2020), Mash (10-08-2019), Surge74 (04-17-2020)
Old 10-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Mash
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow Submarine
@Mash:

First 3 I like. Problem with the red calipers is the red roof is another red altogether, which would annoy me.

I agree with you 100 percent! The red brake calipers have a different shade of red compared to the roof, so that won’t work for me as well.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:38 AM
Spyder Scott
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Love it!! Thanks for sharing the photos. I too ordered a GT Silver Spyder. Waiting for PDK. So those are the gray wheels...? I plan on sticking with silver. Definitely black top, black interior with silver stitching. Adaptive Sports seats. Carbon interior. A few other goodies...
Old 10-13-2019, 03:15 PM
bruinmd
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Scott
Love it!! Thanks for sharing the photos. I too ordered a GT Silver Spyder. Waiting for PDK. So those are the gray wheels...? I plan on sticking with silver. Definitely black top, black interior with silver stitching. Adaptive Sports seats. Carbon interior. A few other goodies...
One thing to keep in mind-- which may or may not matter to you-- the silver on the wheels doesn't match the GT silver color
Old 10-13-2019, 04:26 PM
vcp13
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 211 Posts

I had a gt silver 991.2 w satin platinum wheels. Great combo especially if no pccb (hides brake dust)
Old 10-30-2019, 08:10 PM
DKST
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3T
Sharing some pics of my 718 Spyder that I picked up today. Wow wow wow! What a car! I hope these help for anyone tweaking their specs.
Hahaha that's ex-actly my 718 Spyder configuration for my spring 2020 allocation!

Say hi to Aische, the sales lady, next time you're at Porsche Zentrum Riesbach! ;-)

The following users liked this post:
GT3T (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MEM82

Looks good too bad it's not offered
Originally Posted by jayson
718 GT4 in Lizard Green from @zuffenhausenoutlawz on Instagram. Now sure who that is, but he/she claims it is a 'Test Car'.

Gents: I have a theory on what we are seeing in these 'Lizard Green' photos above which I hope becomes a reality in the near future.
When the configurator first listed the options just after the announcement of the 718 gt4/Spyder, I carefully studied the optional seatbelt
colors and noticed that 'Lizard Green' was not included. One of my test configurations was doing a black interior with 'Lizard Green'
deviating stitching, which was offered from day one, and accepted the fact that neither the door pulls nor the seatbelts could be ordered
in 'Lizard Green'.

A few weeks ago I went back to the configurator and noticed that PAG had added 'Lizard Green' as an optional seat belt color.

Every offered seat belts color usually matches a exterior color that the model offers...or plans to offer. The exception here is 'Bordeaux'
which instead matches the 'Classic' optional interior dual tone combo. Thus, my theory is that PAG is planning to offer 'Lizard Green' as
an optional 'special' color in the not-too-distant future. As all of you know, 'Lizard' is a 'special color' choice on the new 992. So PAG
would have not much difficulty adding that color to the paint shop at Osnabrück. Also most paint part subcontractors for the interior trim
would be familiar with that 992 color & be able to easily paint the trim in 'Lizard' without much issues.

In any case, I am hoping 'Lizard Green' is added to the 'Special Color' options shortly. And if they do that it would explain why initially
'Lizard Green' was not offered as a seat belt and why it is suddenly added to the configurator. It only makes sense to add such a color
if PAG has plans to add this exterior color to the offered palette. If PAG has given up on PTS for the 718 gt4/Spyder initially, adding this
stunning color, which is a close copy of the historic early 911 'Gelbgrün' will at least dull some of the pain (for me) of having to do without
PTS for this model!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale, AZ
Old 11-03-2019, 02:45 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Gents: I have a theory on what we are seeing in these 'Lizard Green' photos above which I hope becomes a reality in the near future.
When the configurator first listed the options just after the announcement of the 718 gt4/Spyder, I carefully studied the optional seatbelt
colors and noticed that 'Lizard Green' was not included. One of my test configurations was doing a black interior with 'Lizard Green'
deviating stitching, which was offered from day one, and accepted the fact that neither the door pulls nor the seatbelts could be ordered
in 'Lizard Green'.

A few weeks ago I went back to the configurator and noticed that PAG had added 'Lizard Green' as an optional seat belt color.

Every offered seat belts color usually matches a exterior color that the model offers...or plans to offer. The exception here is 'Bordeaux'
which instead matches the 'Classic' optional interior dual tone combo. Thus, my theory is that PAG is planning to offer 'Lizard Green' as
an optional 'special' color in the not-too-distant future. As all of you know, 'Lizard' is a 'special color' choice on the new 992. So PAG
would have not much difficulty adding that color to the paint shop at Osnabrück. Also most paint part subcontractors for the interior trim
would be familiar with that 992 color & be able to easily paint the trim in 'Lizard' without much issues.

In any case, I am hoping 'Lizard Green' is added to the 'Special Color' options shortly. And if they do that it would explain why initially
'Lizard Green' was not offered as a seat belt and why it is suddenly added to the configurator. It only makes sense to add such a color
if PAG has plans to add this exterior color to the offered palette. If PAG has given up on PTS for the 718 gt4/Spyder initially, adding this
stunning color, which is a close copy of the historic early 911 'Gelbgrün' will at least dull some of the pain (for me) of having to do without
PTS for this model!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome back
Old 11-03-2019, 02:57 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Eduardo what are your thoughts about lizard green seats and seatbelts being offered on Cayman T in Europe?

I got excited about lizard being offered when the belts came on....but then I know the T has been out for quite some time.

If the T has only offered to ilizard seats and belts for a short period of time...then i will be optimistic. But if the T has had lizard since inception then I'd be a bit worried we still won't see it.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:03 PM
GT3T
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DKST
Hahaha that's ex-actly my 718 Spyder configuration for my spring 2020 allocation!

Say hi to Aische, the sales lady, next time you're at Porsche Zentrum Riesbach! ;-)

You made a great choice! I’m thrilled with mine.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:39 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
in 'Lizard Green'.

PTS for this model!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale, AZ
I totally agree with Eduardo on this one.....when I saw the Lizard Green seat belts and you press the option description it mentions "seat belts matched to exterior color lizard Green".
It makes sense to offer this special color given that Lava Orange and Carmine Red are not available on the GT4 but they are on the rest of the 718 lineup...they need to improve the color options a bit more since PTS will not be available in the first year run.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/Spyder Colours Photo Thread...