Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 08:19 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Short answer is no, that is a dealer surcharge not (as it used to be) a customer charge, you might want mention to your SA that this was your understanding and you would like to clarify with the PCNA European Delivery Manager!
Larry, can you pls PM me the name and email/phone of the PCNA ED Manager, if you have it?
Old 07-22-2020, 09:54 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,327 Likes on 807 Posts

Correct that dealers get an extra allocation for doing ED. But that allocation is not guaranteed to be GT car. More often than not it’s not. And yes, there are stealers out there that pass on the charge and then take the extra allocation as well.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:34 AM
Alan_S
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by herragge
When is your schedule date?

Mine is September 23rd in Leipzig. EU border is open to us Canadians...problem is coming home, quarantine for 2 weeks is a tough sell for me...hanging on to the Euro Delivery dream until the last minute...
I am scheduled for September 21 in Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart. But I'm a US resident/citizen. I'm pretty sure I'm not going. Will make a decision by end of month and try to change to PEC Atlanta delivery. So sad. This was for my 40th birthday as well and my wife was supposed to run the Berlin marathon. All cancelled.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:57 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan_S
I am scheduled for September 21 in Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart. But I'm a US resident/citizen. I'm pretty sure I'm not going. Will make a decision by end of month and try to change to PEC Atlanta delivery. So sad. This was for my 40th birthday as well and my wife was supposed to run the Berlin marathon. All cancelled.
My 718 GT4 ED was supposed to be on my birthday a few weeks ago and I could not go due to EU restrictions on US tourists. Was going to meet up with several folks who live and breathe Porsche while over there. Had planned track days and mountain passes back in January when I placed the order. Pretty bummed as Porsche is making less and less vehicles that I am interested in. The opportunities to collect a new Porsche I'm genuinely in love with at the factory are dwindling.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:17 AM
Puggz
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 140 Posts

Just curious, will Porsche install PPF before you take delivery? I would put on a couple '000 km in 2 weeks easy. It would be a shame to have it arrive in Canada all peppered with stone chips.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:37 PM
goretexpretzels
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by StickShift964
My 718 GT4 ED was supposed to be on my birthday a few weeks ago and I could not go due to EU restrictions on US tourists. Was going to meet up with several folks who live and breathe Porsche while over there. Had planned track days and mountain passes back in January when I placed the order. Pretty bummed as Porsche is making less and less vehicles that I am interested in. The opportunities to collect a new Porsche I'm genuinely in love with at the factory are dwindling.
Originally Posted by Puggz
Just curious, will Porsche install PPF before you take delivery? I would put on a couple '000 km in 2 weeks easy. It would be a shame to have it arrive in Canada all peppered with stone chips.
Don't think factory PPF is available for 718 range, just 992s.

As I have 4500km planned for ED, I intend on putting some (admittedly ugly) temporary track tape on to minimize debris damage- Trakktape/Track Armour/Armordillo. Also don't want to wait a couple days for a local PPF installer as I'd rather be driving!
Old 07-29-2020, 01:21 PM
Alan_S
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by StickShift964
So, this is my first Porsche. I have been a BMW guy for 20 years. And I fell into the same boat you are with Porsche. Nothing in the lineup interests me--and BMW just cancelled the euro delivery program. The GT4 is my 40th birthday present. Maybe a GT3 at 50. Who knows what it will be like in 10 years.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,454 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Larry, can you pls PM me the name and email/phone of the PCNA ED Manager, if you have it?
just saw this ... I dont have their info but https://www.linkedin.com/in/lenestaertzel/
Old 07-29-2020, 01:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goretexpretzels
I've had the opposite experience- the dealer and ED coordinator has been very helpful rescheduling and offering contingency plans (if I cannot go due to Covid travel restrictions, 1% penalty for cancelling ED waived, or can keep car till spring in Leipzig,or dealer can take my car from me and sell as stock).
that's good to know!!!
Old 09-01-2020, 12:40 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

So who's still planning ED in Spring? What are the odds that it would be doable?
Old 09-01-2020, 02:38 AM
Porsche757
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
So who's still planning ED in Spring? What are the odds that it would be doable?
Currently speccing a Cayman GTS for ED in May/June next year. First Porsche and I have been waiting to do this for many years. Hoping it will be an option as my wife and I are planning a nice trip! I am thinking 75/25 it will happen.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
ZERO IMO
Old 09-01-2020, 01:42 PM
flasch
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I am still planning for end of May/beginning of June. I am 50/50. I'm going to try to find a PPF shop in Stuttgart and see their pricing and lead time.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flasch
I am still planning for end of May/beginning of June. I am 50/50. I'm going to try to find a PPF shop in Stuttgart and see their pricing and lead time.
hopefully travel restrictions to the EU will be lifted by then
Old 09-01-2020, 06:43 PM
DreiPedals
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 67 Posts

My new spec is contingent on the euro delivery experience, so I'm watching on eggshells; matter of fact it's the only thing written on the order sheet right now. On a prior ED experience, I found frustration in not being able to drive a few bucket-list Alpine passes due to snowcover (end May/beginning June), so the next one will be hopefully taking advantage of the July 4th US holiday.

I'm figuring right now it's a 50/50 shot that a euro delivery will be doable for any of us by that time. Things could change rapidly, in either direction, unfortunately.

Certainly have fingers crossed that it will be a go, for me and all of the others in the same position.

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?