Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 01:11 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default who is doing european delivery?

any news on european dates possible for the 718 GT4 or spyder?

The following users liked this post:
theEnd (02-23-2020)
Old 12-27-2019, 03:00 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

My daughter has Zuffenhausen May 28 - her 718 Spyder
Old 12-27-2019, 07:29 AM
Atomark
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
out of curiosity, why would you go to so much trouble to pick up the car in Zuffenhausen?
Old 12-27-2019, 09:30 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
any news on european dates possible for the 718 GT4 or spyder?
I have done two Porsche European deliveries and planning two more including one in a Spyder next year. (Check out my signature block) The dates of your ED are selected by you pending approval by PCNA. They have to deconflict between other people who want to do ED and factory closings in the summer etc. They can only do so many people in a day and there are other events at the factory that would preclude deliveries.

Originally Posted by Atomark
out of curiosity, why would you go to so much trouble to pick up the car in Zuffenhausen?
ED is a option for Americans and Canadians. It's not a program for Europeans. Americans get the opportunity to fly over to Stuttgart (or Leipzig), pick up the car at the factory, get a tour of the factory and museum or get track time on a F1 track (Leipzig). Porsche feeds them, puts them up in a hotel and pays for 16 days of car insurance....then the car gets shipped back. It's a great way to couple a vacation with a new car and the ability to drive it all over these fantastic European roads. Porsche pays for it all too. Most Porsche buyers are not Europeans so don't have the opportunity to do all this stuff.

I would rephrase your question and instead ask why would anybody pick up a Porsche at a US dealership? ......Boring. lol

Here is a detailed video I made describing the program.

The following 5 users liked this post by subshooter:
Abacpm (03-07-2020), DFW01TT (02-02-2020), Goggles Paisano (02-24-2020), JAM2 (01-16-2020), X2Board (01-31-2020)
Old 12-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Atomark
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for sharing, that was very informative. And I wholeheartedly agree 😀

I am lucky in the sense that I live1.5hrs from the start of the Autobahn and 4-5hrs from Zuffenhausen 😇

have a good one,
Old 12-27-2019, 12:35 PM
2XIPA
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

I’ve been daydreaming about an European delivery too. If not I’m thinking about picking the car up at the LA Experience center.
wdr911 (01-28-2020)
Old 12-27-2019, 02:34 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
I have done two Porsche European deliveries and planning two more including one in a Spyder next year. (Check out my signature block) The dates of your ED are selected by you pending approval by PCNA. They have to deconflict between other people who want to do ED and factory closings in the summer etc. They can only do so many people in a day and there are other events at the factory that would preclude deliveries.

ED is a option for Americans and Canadians. It's not a program for Europeans. Americans get the opportunity to fly over to Stuttgart (or Leipzig), pick up the car at the factory, get a tour of the factory and museum or get track time on a F1 track (Leipzig). Porsche feeds them, puts them up in a hotel and pays for 16 days of car insurance....then the car gets shipped back. It's a great way to couple a vacation with a new car and the ability to drive it all over these fantastic European roads. Porsche pays for it all too. Most Porsche buyers are not Europeans so don't have the opportunity to do all this stuff.

I would rephrase your question and instead ask why would anybody pick up a Porsche at a US dealership? ......Boring. lol

Here is a detailed video I made describing the program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL23xqsj_88

I have done a few european deliveries myself. I was referring to a potential buffer PCNA is implementing due to emissions certifications for the GT4/Spyder. I was told no deliveries can be scheduled earlier than October 2020 as of last week. How far are you in the process? I'm planning a group trip in either June or July. looking to drive the nurburgring hockenheim (possibly spa) then head down to italy and drive imola. couple alpine passes in between.

Goggles Paisano (02-24-2020)
Old 12-27-2019, 02:35 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
thats interesting! confirmed with PCNA?
Old 12-27-2019, 09:28 PM
AKSteve
Banned

Received 815 Likes on 456 Posts

Do you think Porsche would put particulate filters in the exhaust system on cars that are picked up in Europe?
Jim Rockford (01-26-2020)
Old 12-27-2019, 10:16 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I was told no deliveries can be scheduled earlier than October 2020 as of last week.
This would break my plan and thus vociferously inhale.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:28 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 983 Posts

I have done a few european deliveries myself. I was referring to a potential buffer PCNA is implementing due to emissions certifications for the GT4/Spyder. I was told no deliveries can be scheduled earlier than October 2020 as of last week. How far are you in the process? I'm planning a group trip in either June or July. looking to drive the nurburgring hockenheim (possibly spa) then head down to italy and drive imola. couple alpine passes in between.
I have a written agreement to purchase a Spyder at MSRP with the dealership paying the $3K ED fee for next summer. I do not have an allocation or commission number yet since it is too far out. The SA that I bought my last two Porsches from is a personal friend of mine and we make fair agreements with just one email exchange. It's very easy to deal with him. He guaranteed me an allocation for next summer.

I was not aware that deliveries have been delayed to October 2020. That is going to throw a serious wrench in my plans since I plan to blast thorugh some Alpine passes which will be closed in October. Crossing fingers....

Originally Posted by AKSteve
Do you think Porsche would put particulate filters in the exhaust system on cars that are picked up in Europe?
Any European Delivery car will be built to US specs. If the US specs do not have particulate filters (and that is not confirmed yet to my knowledge), then the ED delivered cars will also not have the filters. Let's hope.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:43 AM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,774 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by 2XIPA
I’ve been daydreaming about an European delivery too. If not I’m thinking about picking the car up at the LA Experience center.
Planning on doing PECLA myself. Will save Euro Delivery for the 992 GT3 😁
Old 12-29-2019, 02:12 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Got my confirmation today for a Spyder. March lock, May build and Euro Delivery as of now. Probably sometime in June or July.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:09 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Good news. I got confirmation from PCNA directly that European Delivery of US Spec GT4's and Spyders can commence on June 1st!

I'm planning a european delivery adventure with a friend. both of us in GT4's.

if you all would like to join us we are happy for the company.
Delivery June 9th or 10th
Drive south to Garmisch.
Head to Stelvio Pass (if its open)
Stop by Maranello Ferrari Factory - where i usually do some acrobatics in front of their gate to say friendly hello from porsche.
Then Imola for 2 track days. friends/family/wives take a day trip to Venice tour Pagani/Lamborghini Factories.
Mugello Track day
then up to the Nurburgring for a private track day. (i have instruction provided) absolute must if you are new to the track.
then drop off cars in Frankfurt on June 20th.

Jim
Old 12-31-2019, 05:55 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 966 Likes on 429 Posts

Planning a 2 week trip with my GT4 around same time. As with my RS, plans include break in runs in the Alps then off to some tracks. Perhaps we could meet up!

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?