Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4/Spyder - CXX Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 10:40 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,629 Likes on 898 Posts

Bummed to hear that it didn’t work out! I was hoping that you were able to get it, especially knowing it didn’t pan out for me.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:42 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Bummed to hear that it didn’t work out! I was hoping that you were able to get it, especially knowing it didn’t pan out for me.
Me too! I thought about waiting but not worth it. COVID-19!!!

Will try on the 992 GT3 as I might go Touring and manual.
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 10:45 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Porsche really needs to improve the ordering experience
if they want to offer Exclusive and CXX.
Couldn't be said better. Bravo for your frankness, SToronto!

Sorry about your 'experience'. It unfortunately matched mine.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
The following 2 users liked this post by Z356:
HelpMeHelpU (04-13-2020), JSF101 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 11:09 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Received 491 Likes on 264 Posts

To close my journey off with this, here's the conclusion.

Tried to get a meeting set with PAG for about 3-4 weeks to go over CXX. They were apparently supposed to contact me, never did. Then last week said they are busy due to COVID-19 stuff and if I wanted CXX I'd have to wait for maybe 3Q or 4Q delivery and discuss with them within next couple months when availability opened up.

This was honestly a poor experience as I had expressed CXX interest last year and sent a list in Jan, couldn't get it sorted in 2 months.

I'm not doing CXX on this car because I don't want to take delivery late summer or in the fall.

Porsche really needs to improve the ordering experience if they want to offer Exclusive and CXX. Not sure their difficulty in getting it right when other manufacturers do it, seemingly easily.
This sounds about right.

I just purchased my first new Porsche and what I feared is true in every way. It’s a never meet your heroes scenario. I love the cars but I am deeply conflicted about how uninspiring and borderline toxic the purchase experience has been. Not once has the dealership reached out to me with an update or courtesy contact. Every time it is me chasing them. These dealers don’t do 1,000 sales a year, they have all day to pamper their client base.

Purchasing a vehicle gets met with indifference... I am amazed that expressing interest in CXX gets met with the same level of FU, but at the same time I am not at all surprised.
JSF101 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 11:37 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

Eduardo,

new car in the stable?

Spyder on order?

cheers & stay safe,
Steve

Originally Posted by Z356
Couldn't be said better. Bravo for your frankness, SToronto!

Sorry about your 'experience'. It unfortunately matched mine.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 03-20-2020, 11:43 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately, we're all going through tough and uncertain times! Maybe they'll step up their game when customers aren't lining up to pay ADMs for every new GT product.

Porsche really needs to improve the ordering experience if they want to offer Exclusive and CXX. Not sure their difficulty in getting it right when other manufacturers do it, seemingly easily.
Gatch (07-18-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 12:04 AM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

You need to buy a Panamera and a Macan and then trade them in for a new one next year. The dealer will probably notice you and pay more attention. Hope we don't get into a situation like 2008/2009 but if turns out like that they'll probably be knocking on your door with special wishes in tow. Sorry it's too late for this delivery! The cars are special and it's too bad that the people who sell them don't make it special. My friends showed up at the dealer to make my delivery special. What goes around comes around. Not saying there aren't special sales folks who know their stuff and love the cars as much as we do. But coming off the ADM years the special cars just became another transaction. Call it the Law of Unintended Consequences when they created the program to get rid of all the 918s. Now that 401k balances are reduced to 301k or less, the sales folks will have to spend a little more time with first time buyers.

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
These dealers don’t do 1,000 sales a year, they have all day to pamper their client base.

Purchasing a vehicle gets met with indifference... I am amazed that expressing interest in CXX gets met with the same level of FU, but at the same time I am not at all surprised.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:03 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

PL6VAAT8
with Porsche side decals in red.
Considering.
n4v4nod (03-21-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 01:45 AM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,629 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
PL6VAAT8
with Porsche side decals in red.
Considering.
That’s a great build! 👍🏼
Old 03-21-2020, 02:48 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Gracias! I'm a color guy, for sure. Current 981 Spyder is white w classic interior, PCCBs, leather everywhere. It's hard to beat, so if I'm really going to do this I've got to make it worthwhile. I'm still not sure it's worth it.. ..
Old 04-13-2020, 04:21 AM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF101
You need to buy a Panamera and a Macan and then trade them in for a new one next year. The dealer will probably notice you and pay more attention. Hope we don't get into a situation like 2008/2009 but if turns out like that they'll probably be knocking on your door with special wishes in tow. Sorry it's too late for this delivery! The cars are special and it's too bad that the people who sell them don't make it special. My friends showed up at the dealer to make my delivery special. What goes around comes around. Not saying there aren't special sales folks who know their stuff and love the cars as much as we do. But coming off the ADM years the special cars just became another transaction. Call it the Law of Unintended Consequences when they created the program to get rid of all the 918s. Now that 401k balances are reduced to 301k or less, the sales folks will have to spend a little more time with first time buyers.

I agree with this to an extent. First local dealership (largest volume dealership for GT cars in Canada I believe) I visited basically laughed me out of the place when I asked to be put on the list for a GT4 allocation. “How many cars have you bought from us?” was the first question I was asked. When I replied with “None, this will be my first Porsche, but this is the one I want.”, I got a derisive snort in return. “Maybe I could sell you a base Macan.” were the next words out of his mouth as he half walked away. I was left standing there wondering why my money was no good here...and perhaps more importantly, what the hell I would do with a Macan? I’ve never been treated with such disregard by any sales “professional” ever. Lucky I live in a large city and there is more than one dealership. Second one I visited was more what I am accustomed to when visiting a car dealership. The SA sat with me, went over the process, answered my 167 questions, and ultimately took my name and deposit and said he would contact me to let me know when an allocation would be available for me. In fairness he did explain that there were other customers who had bought cars from them on the list as well and that these customers would likely take precedence over me. A month later I was contacted to come in a spec a car as an allocation had come available. Since that time, the original SA has left the dealership and the SA who took over my file has been very accommodating...I ask a lot of questions and can probably be considered a bit “annoying”...just ask my wife. . Bottom line is that there are still some good dealerships/sales professionals out there...sometimes you just have to shop it around. On receipt of my car this summer, maybe I’ll drive by that first dealership and “pretty woman” that first sales guy...”Big mistake buddy. Huge.” (Like he will care, lol.)
n4v4nod (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 12:35 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,496 Likes on 2,646 Posts

@4MIDABLE curious about the dealer name?
Old 04-13-2020, 04:57 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

nothing wrong with first come, first serve
nothing wrong with asking lots of questions
very sad that anyone is losing a job right now, so I'd probably hold off on the "drive by"
hoping that everyone gets their jobs back very soon
life returns to semi-normal and we can all enjoy driving our cars
glad you found a dealer that meets your expectations
enjoy that new Porsche! they are special cars and I've enjoyed every one I've had
[QUOTE=4MIDABLE;16543713 In fairness he did explain that there were other customers who had bought cars from them on the list as well and that these customers would likely take precedence over me. A month later I was contacted to come in a spec a car as an allocation had come available. Since that time, the original SA has left the dealership and the SA who took over my file has been very accommodating...I ask a lot of questions and can probably be considered a bit “annoying”...just ask my wife. . Bottom line is that there are still some good dealerships/sales professionals out there...sometimes you just have to shop it around. On receipt of my car this summer, maybe I’ll drive by that first dealership and “pretty woman” that first sales guy...”Big mistake buddy. Huge.” (Like he will care, lol.)[/QUOTE]
Old 04-17-2020, 12:32 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Taking another kick at the can on this. My lock "fixed" date has changed. So we're waiting on a response from Germany.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:46 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
This sounds about right.

I just purchased my first new Porsche and what I feared is true in every way. It’s a never meet your heroes scenario. I love the cars but I am deeply conflicted about how uninspiring and borderline toxic the purchase experience has been. Not once has the dealership reached out to me with an update or courtesy contact. Every time it is me chasing them. These dealers don’t do 1,000 sales a year, they have all day to pamper their client base.

It’s probably borderline cliche mentioning this but Lexus really sets the standard on treating customers. Their vehicles aren’t the most exciting to a driving enthusiast but the way they treat their customers is great. A few years back I got an LS 460 for my wife, so have had the opportunity to experience this service personally. It’s been a very positive experience.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/Spyder - CXX Thread