Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

2021 GT4 database (US)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 01:36 AM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 523 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by zmah
To original poster

VIN analytics has updated today with many new 2021 VINs, many new Zuffenhausens. Currently up to 361 2021 GT4's.

new 89011 and then lots of zuffenhausens starting from 89067 and then both S and K's up to 89246. Build dates as recent as 11/9.

also you've duplicated 89036 on lines 28 and 30
Thanks, and yes, I’m updating as I have time. Been working lots of hours at my real job, so will get them in as quickly as I can.

Ron
Old 12-16-2020, 12:38 AM
Gadgetman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ronbauer
I started this as a purely selfish thing trying to determine how many people were ordering Python Green cars, but decided it might have value to others as well.

I have started a database of all 2021 GT4s for the US market. The information was pulled from VIN Analytics, and then added to the database. I'm also printing out the specs for each car to keep separately. Please note that this is only for GT4s for the US market. If anyone is interested in doing something similar for Spyders, or cars for other markets, I'd be happy to help get you started.

Currently the database has VIN number, color, transmission, seats, production date, and working on inputting wheel color. It then breaks out the number of each of these options in separate tabs and the percentage of US production of each option shown above.

I have hopefully set this up as a "View Only" spreadsheet in Google Sheets, and will add new cars as they show up on VIN Analytics.

A couple of notes, first of all VIN Analytics shows what "sequence number" each car is in the total US production, but what I've found is that this number is changing as additional VINs show up. For example, my car was #65 of 83, and is now #67 of 87. Secondly, the VIN order isn't a direct correlation to build order. So there are cars with a lower VIN that were actually built after cars with a higher VIN.

Also of interest, there are VIN numbers that are identical with the exception of the digit that shows which factory it was built in. For example, VIN WP0AC2A87MS289075 was built in Zuffenhausen (the S signifies this) while VIN WP0AC2A87MK289075 was built in Osnabruck (the K signifies this.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Anyway, hopefully some others find this useful. Since this is quite monotonous to add in additional options, I definitely won't be adding in everything, but if there is a big enough interest for something in particular, I may be willing to add that in.

If anyone finds a discrepancy in the database, please direct message me so we can figure out where the issue is. I’m human, so I make mistakes occasionally. Also, please verify the VIN is 100% correct. As noted above, GT4s are being built in two factories, and have the exact same VIN except for “S” vs. “K” 7 digits from the end. This can be confusing and easy to overlook.

Enjoy,

Ron
Hello Ron,

Your GT4 VIN Spreadsheet isn't working for me. The link may be broken.

Thanks,
Darren
Old 12-16-2020, 10:27 AM
sobiloff
Racer

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetman
Hello Ron,

Your GT4 VIN Spreadsheet isn't working for me. The link may be broken.
It's working for me this morning. Probably got affected by Google's global outages yesterday.

It seems odd that the classic Guards Red is one of the rarest colors! I'm not doubting the numbers, I'm just saying it goes against my pre-conceived notion of what the color distribution would be. Fun data—thanks!
Old 12-16-2020, 11:09 AM
Gadgetman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks! It's working now. I've got GR on order however, my VIN didn't make the list when it was last updated.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:41 AM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 523 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetman
Thanks! It's working now. I've got GR on order however, my VIN didn't make the list when it was last updated.
Yeah, I've fallen a bit behind. I finally picked up my car last night, so should have time coming up to get back to work on this!

Ron
Old 12-16-2020, 05:45 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 864 Likes on 380 Posts

My PDK car had a relatively early build date of 9/11, but didn't show at port until last Tuesday, 12/8. I know getting to California usually takes about a month or so just for transport, but I wonder why there was such a long delay after production finished before it got on a ship.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that my car wasn't waiting at port since October, but I'm curious as to what the reasons might be for it to stall for so long after completion of build to Emden.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:18 PM
jqmesembry
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone done this for 2020 cars?

Quick Reply: 2021 GT4 database (US)