Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Best Xpel Installer - Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 11:38 AM
P-Car Newbie
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Best Xpel Installer - Dallas, TX

Hi All:

Apologies in advance for starting another thread on PPF, but I'm going to anyway!

My RY GT4 should arrive at the dealer next month and PPF, full front and roof, will be the first step. I've received quotes from both Dallas Xpel-certified installers as listed on Xpel's website. However, I believe both of these installers use Xpel's "templates" software for cutting pre-fit pieces from the roll prior to installing. I'm not well-versed in PPF but have watched videos posted on the interwebs showing installers custom-covering and cutting followed by complete wrapping of the edges, if that makes sense. So, anyone care to chime in and perhaps offer advice on what I should look for in an installer and offer some suggested Dallas--area installers? Are Xpel corporate stores a better idea than smaller, independent shops?

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2020, 12:24 PM
Gadgetman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no affiliation with these guys but I saw a video on Youtube.
I had PPF done and sometime dirt can get caught up underneath the edges of the wraps. When My21 GT4 arrives, I'm gonna keep it PPF free.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:31 PM
Elijaih
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I went to Brent at Clear Bra North Dallas in Argyle. He did a great job and wrapped the edges so there are almost no visible lines on my car. Yes, there are a couple, and my Gentian Blue GT4 is on his site. If you go to him, you can let him know Seth with the blue GT4 referred you, I won't get anything for it, but at least he will know I have referred people. My dad also brought his 911 to Brent and had it done, back in 2014, Brent did a great job then as well.

I did full Xpel tint, full Xpel PPF, and full ceramic coating. I'm happy with the quality of work and will go back again. In fact I plan on bringing my wife's X3M competition to him as well.

Edit: I am adding the Instagram website and the Gentian Blue GT4 on there is mine
https://www.instagram.com/clearbranorthdallas1/?hl=en

Seth

Last edited by Elijaih; 11-20-2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:12 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetman
I have no affiliation with these guys but I saw a video on Youtube. EVS Motors Houston TX.
I had PPF done and sometime dirt can get caught up underneath the edges of the wraps. When My21 GT4 arrives, I'm gonna keep it PPF free.
Good luck with that, better pick up some touch up paint at delivery. This happened to my Spyder at less than 200 miles and driving super conservative behind traffic waiting for my Xpel appointment.

I’ve never had dirt edges around Xpel, but I don’t DD these cars or get crap like half hood

This is why you get Xpel....under 200 mile new Spyder driving super conservative
in
The following 2 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
DFW01TT (11-21-2020), wcw67 (01-22-2021)
Old 11-20-2020, 08:58 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 401 Likes on 185 Posts

Does X-Pel make a windshield protection film or is that made by ClearPlex ? I have X-Pel on my Boxster paint but think the windshield film might be ClearPlex. Had both installed 6 years ago and "0" problems. Well worth it.
Better to go with a full hood film, the micro-meteorites seem to have a talent for hitting just above the bikini cut....
Old 11-20-2020, 11:33 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 205 Posts

Tactical Fleet
XPel Dallas
Invisibra

are a few options
The following users liked this post:
wcw67 (01-22-2021)
Old 11-21-2020, 12:46 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 311 Posts

Invisibra is 6 weeks out, yes I checked.
Call Houston at XPERT Film Solutions in Carrollton, 214 354 3327.
Mention a Porsche Plano / Rennlist referral.

Edit: He did a great job on my car and got me in in 48 hours.

Last edited by DFW01TT; 11-27-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:02 AM
blraider97
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Invisibra did a great job on my GT4. It’s a one man shop, hence the wait, but I think it was worth it.
wcw67 (01-22-2021)
Old 11-23-2020, 10:24 AM
KASAV8R
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XPel

I had Xpel Dallas do my install. I am very pleased — they did an excellent job.

https://www.dfwclearbra.com/

Last edited by KASAV8R; 11-23-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Adding link for Xpel Dallas
wcw67 (01-21-2021)
Old 11-27-2020, 07:07 PM
scottmesenbrink
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by blraider97
Invisibra did a great job on my GT4. It’s a one man shop, hence the wait, but I think it was worth it.
+1 Josh at Invisibra did mine as well. 6 weeks is a long time to wait but I had a very good experience with him.
wcw67 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 06:37 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 639 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by KASAV8R
I had Xpel Dallas do my install. I am very pleased — they did an excellent job.

https://www.dfwclearbra.com/
I had them them do a minor fix recently (I bought the car in CA and had it PPF'd by a San Diego company, then the car was scuffed by another driver here in Texas). They did a great job and were very easy to work with.
wcw67 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 07:18 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 205 Posts

I just had Tactical Fleet do one of my cars. By far the best job, best customer service, and best product I have ever had. I’ve been to several DFW places for clear bra and have had over 10 cars done. Tactical uses XPel ultimate plus. No seams visible. They listened to me and wanted to make sure I was happy. No excuses.
wcw67 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 12:08 PM
SK991.2
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 108 Posts

Tactical Fleet able to do a very good pain correction? first? that you were able to witness before xpel installe?
Old 01-22-2021, 02:26 PM
wcw67
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Car Newbie
Hi All:

Apologies in advance for starting another thread on PPF, but I'm going to anyway!

My RY GT4 should arrive at the dealer next month and PPF, full front and roof, will be the first step. I've received quotes from both Dallas Xpel-certified installers as listed on Xpel's website. However, I believe both of these installers use Xpel's "templates" software for cutting pre-fit pieces from the roll prior to installing. I'm not well-versed in PPF but have watched videos posted on the interwebs showing installers custom-covering and cutting followed by complete wrapping of the edges, if that makes sense. So, anyone care to chime in and perhaps offer advice on what I should look for in an installer and offer some suggested Dallas--area installers? Are Xpel corporate stores a better idea than smaller, independent shops?
Thanks!
P-Car Newbie, as you're aware there is a XPEL corporate shop in Dallas as well as a handful of authorized independent shops. The authorized independents in Dallas as elsewhere are chosen because they do outstanding work along with their customer service. The one advantage to going to a corporate store however is not only does XPEL warranty the film, but the work as well. What this means is is you could move to another city, state or country and your car is 100% warrantied. This includes if you sell your car. As long as the receipt etc. go with their car the next owner will enjoy this as well. As some have posted, great XPEL independents in Dallas are; Tactical Fleet, Clear Bra North Dallas & ForceField Paint Shield.

Originally Posted by Elijaih
I went to Brent at Clear Bra North Dallas in Argyle. He did a great job and wrapped the edges so there are almost no visible lines on my car. Yes, there are a couple, and my Gentian Blue GT4 is on his site. If you go to him, you can let him know Seth with the blue GT4 referred you, I won't get anything for it, but at least he will know I have referred people. My dad also brought his 911 to Brent and had it done, back in 2014, Brent did a great job then as well.
I did full Xpel tint, full Xpel PPF, and full ceramic coating. I'm happy with the quality of work and will go back again. In fact I plan on bringing my wife's X3M competition to him as well.
Edit: I am adding the Instagram website and the Gentian Blue GT4 on there is mine
https://www.instagram.com/clearbranorthdallas1/?hl=en
Seth

Originally Posted by patdonahue
Does X-Pel make a windshield protection film or is that made by ClearPlex ? I have X-Pel on my Boxster paint but think the windshield film might be ClearPlex. Had both installed 6 years ago and "0" problems. Well worth it.
Better to go with a full hood film, the micro-meteorites seem to have a talent for hitting just above the bikini cut....
No. Your options are ClearPlex & ExoShield

Originally Posted by DFW01TT
Invisibra is 6 weeks out, yes I checked.
Call Houston at XPERT Film Solutions in Carrollton, 214 354 3327.
Mention a Porsche Plano / Rennlist referral.
Edit: He did a great job on my car and got me in in 48 hours.
Invisibra and XPERT fim solutions do not carry XPEL PPF. Most places also provide a Rennlist/dealership discount to include the XPEL corp. shop.

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I just had Tactical Fleet do one of my cars. By far the best job, best customer service, and best product I have ever had. I’ve been to several DFW places for clear bra and have had over 10 cars done. Tactical uses XPel ultimate plus. No seams visible. They listened to me and wanted to make sure I was happy. No excuses.

Originally Posted by SK991.2
Tactical Fleet able to do a very good pain correction? first? that you were able to witness before xpel installe?
Paint correction is typically a separate service. Also not required for a PPF install. Doesn't hurt, but not required.

Last edited by wcw67; 01-22-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Xpel Installer - Dallas, TX