Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Removing rear calipers on 718 GT4 - brake line bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 01:31 PM
Tom Loder
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The bolt is right at the support where the rubber line changes to the fixed metal one.....on my car the nut (which is welded) in on the top and the screw is on the bottom...so much for German efficiency!
Wonder if someone at PAG is building these incorrectly as you may be able to install them both ways
I will be revisiting this issue later but will require taking out the line and bleeding the system again.
Did anyone discover whether this part is installed wrong or if they changed it at some point in the production run? I changed my pads on a 22 and the screw is on the bottom. I can't understand why this would have changed. Is it possible to buy the bracket from a 981?
Old 07-10-2022, 06:01 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Loder
Did anyone discover whether this part is installed wrong or if they changed it at some point in the production run? I changed my pads on a 22 and the screw is on the bottom. I can't understand why this would have changed. Is it possible to buy the bracket from a 981?

I never checked if the 981 bracket would fit.
Essex did a set of lines to replace the hard lines on the rear calipers...problem solved!
Old 07-10-2022, 10:14 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I never checked if the 981 bracket would fit.
Essex did a set of lines to replace the hard lines on the rear calipers...problem solved!
id be interested in what you have. Their website says the rear hard lines are not replaced

Old 07-11-2022, 12:21 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboCup87
id be interested in what you have. Their website says the rear hard lines are not replaced

Yes......they don't advertise the 2 extra rear lines. Those extra lines is a project I did with Essex when I realized the bolt is under the bracket.
The line in 10" long and has two 90 degree fittings on both ends. Enough length to take out the caliper with studs.
Talk to Ryan Jones at Essex.....
Old 04-11-2023, 11:08 PM
wwlee
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes......they don't advertise the 2 extra rear lines. Those extra lines is a project I did with Essex when I realized the bolt is under the bracket.
The line in 10" long and has two 90 degree fittings on both ends. Enough length to take out the caliper with studs.
Talk to Ryan Jones at Essex.....
Curious how well these 10" lines worked i.c.w. 19" wheels in your experience? I think I'll be reaching out to them soon, but curious on real life experience with it so far. Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
ramans (05-10-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 08:12 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wwlee
Curious how well these 10" lines worked i.c.w. 19" wheels in your experience? I think I'll be reaching out to them soon, but curious on real life experience with it so far. Thank you!

They work and don't touch anything.....the line you have to make sure it has enough clearance with 19" or 18" wheels is the one from the bracket to the chassis.
The following users liked this post:
wwlee (04-12-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 10:25 PM
bill3
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Changed the rear brake pads on my 2022 718 GT4 yesterday; I have Girodisc caliper studs and the Tarret stud kit installed. I can agree with earlier posts about the Torx screw being "upside down"; i.e. nut on top so that it is almost impossible to reach the Torx head. Managed to get it done by pulling hard on everything but what a PIA (and poor design). For the record, I already have braided stainless steel lines installed; didn't seem to help. (Car built April 2022 in Stuttgart).

I'm calling Ryan at Essex tomorrow! I don't plan to go through that process again.

Does anyone know if the Essex lines help with pad changes on the front as well?

Quick Reply: Removing rear calipers on 718 GT4 - brake line bracket