Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Pics of 718 Roll Bar or Harness Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 08:09 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by kk2
That’s a good question.
I'm leaning towards the CMS unit, which doesn't have the X brace. Also, the carpet on the rear firewall panel doesn't have to be cut with that one either.
The following users liked this post:
Translog (05-12-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 08:15 PM
Calsoldier
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by superfast02911
BBI bar in satin black.

Was this installed without taking the seats out? I'm thinking of getting the BBi bar and it's good to know that it's possible
Old 05-01-2022, 10:34 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Calsoldier
Was this installed without taking the seats out? I'm thinking of getting the BBi bar and it's good to know that it's possible
a lot simpler with them out thats for sure. Removing them is not a big deal and you will need to attach harness lap and sub belts to the seats also. As long as you disconnect the battery before removal i have never had an issue with airbag lights or warnings.

bill
The following users liked this post:
Ksdaoski (05-01-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 12:16 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by kk2
That’s a good question.
Monday night I helped out at a Tech inspection for one of our club's upcoming HPDEs. In the shop where the event was held was a GT4 with a rollbar with X brace. I asked one of the shop owners how removin the cover and accessing the top of the engine was with the X brace in there. His anwser - "To be honest, it's a real pain in the @ss!" He also is a dealer for CMS and their rollbar doesn't have the X, it has more bracing on the roll hoop. I think that is what I will end up doing when I get my car.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:24 PM
Frank Torres
Instructor

Received 332 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
Something about an incident in the US and (of course) the ensuing law suit, I don't know the details but it's what my SA told me when I was told "No." after asking if I could order the Clubsport pkg and then again when I asked if I could just order the parts from Porsche separately and then have them dealer installed. I'm sure you can Google the case.

Had to go aftermarket. Shot of mine...BBi Motorsports

Good Lord that is gorgeous.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:42 AM
Outlaw 06
Instructor

Received 293 Likes on 120 Posts

How do the roll bars shown in this thread prevent the roof from crushing down onto the driver during a roof impact?
Old 05-12-2022, 09:16 AM
Translog
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phefner
Beginning of HPDE season I added a Schroth 4-Point and CMS Harness Bar to use with my also acquired NecksGen Hans. When not in use, the Schroth stores neatly behind the LWBS. I also picked up the pre-cut trim with the Harness Bar. Fit and Finish looks OEM.

Purchased at https://competitionmotorsport.com/

I too like the CMS that comes with pre-cut trim, but can you explain where you notch the carpet & how if at all possible? despite not having to cut threw the center carpet area due to its unique design where the horizontal part of the bar curves up and down in the center. I really do not want to cut anything on the car, the pre-cut trim can be removed later and replaced with the original trim, but notching the carpet concerns me a bit depending on the location of the notch. Thank you!
Old 05-12-2022, 10:38 AM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by phefner
Beginning of HPDE season I added a Schroth 4-Point and CMS Harness Bar to use with my also acquired NecksGen Hans. When not in use, the Schroth stores neatly behind the LWBS. I also picked up the pre-cut trim with the Harness Bar. Fit and Finish looks OEM.

Purchased at https://competitionmotorsport.com/

@phefner How do you store the lap belts the you are using the 3 point harness?

Quick Reply: Pics of 718 Roll Bar or Harness Bar