Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GTS 4.0 w/ GTS interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 04:06 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I went full leather .......

@Alpha Ice is that a Carbon fiber shift **** ? Can I get a few close up pics please. TIA
Old 12-12-2021, 08:12 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 337 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by jonrviper
Thanks! I have gotten advice to do the black trims on the exterior and I have flipped back and forth. Leaning to solid lava right now.
@jonrviper Think about doing the Agate Grey full leather interior instead of black. I think your lava stitching will pop a lot more...plus the sweet, rarity of Agate.

Happy configurating!
Old 12-12-2021, 09:08 PM
kor446
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearrun21
@jonrviper Think about doing the Agate Grey full leather interior instead of black. I think your lava stitching will pop a lot more...
Happy configurating!
I'd go with as much black as you can get. Outside and in. Especially with the lava stitching. This thread shows how far I went trying to put the lava stitching in the GTS interior because of how badly I wanted it.

More contrast means well, more contrast. Which means the lava will appear more intense against black than gray. I think it would be fantastic.

Last edited by kor446; 12-12-2021 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:00 PM
jonrviper
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kor446
I'd go with as much black as you can get. Outside and in. Especially with the lava stitching. This thread shows how far I went trying to put the lava stitching in the GTS interior because of how badly I wanted it.

More contrast means well, more contrast. Which means the lava will appear more intense against black than gray. I think it would be fantastic.
do you have pics of yours or sitll in build?
Old 12-18-2021, 11:42 PM
kor446
Advanced

Originally Posted by jonrviper
do you have pics of yours or sitll in build?
My car is in the mid-Atlantic, so the interior pic isn't mine. I'm not sure that the red will go with Lava too well, but the chalk seemed too neutral for my taste

I was going to go leather until I drove the car. The contrasting stitching, Race-tex trim panels and seat inserts fit my take on the personality of the car. Unlike the leather seats which you sit "on", the race-tex inserts grab and hold you "in".

In a perfect world I'd have done the Lava stitching and built a faux GTS interior with the Race-tex seats, dash and door panels and carbon-fiber trim. But Porsche doesn't allow any deviated stitching with the fabric seat inserts---well, they do for a quoted $35k. That's why I decided to risk going with the carmine.

Old 12-19-2021, 12:34 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
Took delivery at Atlanta PEC in April.of the AVG GTS, the Dark Blue Metallic w/ Espresso is my former 981 GTS.

Both of these color combos look phenomenal! I wish they had such full leather interior options for the Spyder as well, would have gone with one of the interior colors you have for sure.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:23 PM
sonicworld
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by cfkid
I’m pretty far out from getting my allocation, but I am thinking either full leather or full leather with race-tex centers. I like the grip that alcantara gave me in my A4. Of course I do like the look of the deviated stitching. I just feel like the GTS interior has too much race-tex.
Agreed! And as if Porsche wasn't flexible enough, I'd get the Race-Tex seats (love the GTS stitched in the headrest) with a full leather dash; that would be perfect.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:43 AM
Digger38
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

2024 CGTS4.0 freezes in 10 days. Agate Grey Metallic. Have been set on Espresso-Cognac interior. Don't want black and I know trying to bring some luxury in to a real sports car. All of sudden, am flirting with a Chalk-Black leather w/ Carbon trim option. Also, was set on 2-way SS+ (they seem to work fine for me) but now am flirting with the 18-way. SA's telling me to go with 18-way - I won't track car.

Would love to hear from the P-Club intelligencia! Thoughts? Thanks.

Old 06-11-2023, 12:02 PM
kor446
Advanced

I'd stick with the expresso/cognac. If you are going to make a luxury car out of your Cayman I say stay on the warmer side of the palette. I'd also worry that the chalk would be harder to keep (looking) clean though several here have said it isn't an issue (just don't wear blue jeans regardless of what anyone says......).

However, since you are posting this in a thread about the GTS interior, I'll be so bold as try to convince you to go there instead. I initially was going with SB/espresso-cognac to go sporty outside and "luxury" inside. Race-Tex was most definitely off the menu. I've never liked it.

But I went to the PEC and drove a car with the leather interior without thinking about it. My instructor's had the GTS/chalk interior and thankfully I figured what the heck, I ought to take a look. Took about 5 seconds to realize it was what I was getting:

Porsche's version of alcantara has a very short and tight nap. I had expected it to be thicker and softer. I'm not a fan of black interiors either. But with the deviated stitching, leather dash and door pieces, carbon fiber accents and Race-Tex dash and door trim it's anything but plain ol' black in there. Overall, the package is perfectly suited to the character of the car.

But that's about "form". Most important was how well the setup functioned. It's not like I was sliding around on the leather during the drive, but as soon as I landed on the fabric I felt velcro'd into the seat. Even before looking around and seeing how nice the interior appointments were I knew: that's how seats are supposed to feel in a sports car.

Final point, I went with 18's for the simple reason that I'm while they can be set up to match the 2 ways I have infinite other positions to choose when on those longer drives as various body parts and tissues start to stiffen up.

Oh, last pitch: If you are willing to go with the GTS interior, I highly recommend the Carmine Red package. I think that'd add just a touch of "pop" to the Agate exterior.......
Old 06-11-2023, 12:23 PM
Manual991
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 66 Posts

+1 with everything above. I may not have chosen GTS interior if I hadn't seen it in person but it's a very nice interior and fitting for a sports car. My arctic grey CGTS had GTS interior in chalk that looked great. I ordered the same on the GT Silver CGTS that I have on order. I'd agree with the above that GTS with carmine red would look great with agate.
Old 06-11-2023, 12:56 PM
chapmans
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 116 Posts

It's been such a marketing scam convincing people that plastic fake suede is somehow a premium option.
Old 06-11-2023, 02:22 PM
BlueBarchetta
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Digger38
2024 CGTS4.0 freezes in 10 days. Agate Grey Metallic. Have been set on Espresso-Cognac interior. Don't want black and I know trying to bring some luxury in to a real sports car. All of sudden, am flirting with a Chalk-Black leather w/ Carbon trim option. Also, was set on 2-way SS+ (they seem to work fine for me) but now am flirting with the 18-way. SA's telling me to go with 18-way - I won't track car.

Would love to hear from the P-Club intelligencia! Thoughts? Thanks.
fwiw, I built my ‘24 bgts knowing it would never be a track car either. Landed on chalk/Bordeaux black. Seriously considered aventurine or gentian, with the espresso-cognac. Espresso-cognac was close to the car I was getting rid of, so I decided to do something different. However, I really like that interior, and if you do, I’d stick with it. I would have concerns with the chalk interior leather getting stained from jeans or belts, like others have said. My 2 cents though, would be to do aventurine exterior with Aurum wheels and espresso-cognac, but color is very personal.

I was lucky enough to sit in buckets with race-Tex, and 18 ways with leather. Not needing a track car, it was easy to pick 18ways. Very easy to make them fit different body and driving positions. Wanting more of a fun-day driver, and also wanting ventilated seats, I felt the leather fit the mission more than the race-Tex
Old 06-11-2023, 02:33 PM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 227 Posts

Man that full leather looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice. So classy. I didn't have a choice on mine as it was already on the boat when I bought it. Though my thinking is the GTS interior will be a bit cooler in the sun. At least thats what I'm telling myself!
Old 06-11-2023, 04:16 PM
Digger38
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, thanks for the comments Gents! No doubt the GTS package w/ carmine red would not be "your dad's" standard black leather interior! Built one up with GT Silver and it looked good. From what several are saying, the GTS package is substantially more convincing in person. I don't think it's been fully intentional but once I sat in the Espresso-Cognac (in an AVG BGTS4.0 with the Aurum wheels, which was stunning), it's been hard to get that element of luxury out of my mind. The Agate is a warm grey and actually has some brown tint under certain light. The EC keeps the warm theme going - might even look at some bronze wheels down the road.

All great comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2023, 04:42 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 201 Posts

I wear jeans in my Black / Chalk interior all the time...so far no issues keeping it clean (nearly 13k miles since 11/21)

I have the 18-way seats and I love them. Very comfy and highly adjustable of course. For reference, I'm 5'11" and about 205 lbs and have an average build I suppose.

Last edited by TikiLou; 06-11-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 718 GTS 4.0 w/ GTS interior