Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Coding options and features for 718

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 01:25 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
@RoadrunnerGTS so I am confused (normal)... you state in item 7 that you can code the Auto Start Stop to "Last Mode", yet then you say that you can not.....?????

Can you please clarify. Thank you.
I also have a 718 Spyder. I've disabled my start / stop + cylinder deactivation via M-tuner. As for remembering last settings, I've installed a T-9 Designs unit. I've been very happy with the results. However, I am in the process buying a bi-directional scanner from xTool I realize your question pertains to the Launch unit. But nevertheless, when I get my XTool D9S Pro, I'll hook it up to my 718 Spyder and post what is available. There is some confusion regarding 2 SKUs they are selling. 1 with endoscope, and the other without it. But they are the same price. Once they respond back to me, I'll order one. Cheaper than the Launch unit but I'm seeing some glowing reviews from various professionals. Doesn't have 'no-subscription' lock-outs like the Autel ones. Assming Launch unit is the same? Hopefully, I can have one in hand by next week at the latest and provide the results for the community to compare against. Not seeing too many XTool related posts in the 718 sections.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39508198084...3Avlp_homepage

Last edited by Fractal-Spyder; 01-15-2024 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2024, 05:41 PM
elm3c
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06jerry
@LuNguyen don't know about x431 but PIWIS can do it. I have 2-way seats with mirror dip enabled, however it only dips a small amount so not very useful.
@LuNguyen were you able to figure out how to use the x431 to enable the reverse mirror dip for 2-way seats? @Z06jerry any development on changing the level of mirror adjustment?

I picked up a CPO CGTS 4.0 a few weeks ago and ordered the x431. I'll probably do a number of the adjustments from this thread - thanks!
Old 01-22-2024, 01:33 PM
isthar
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Does anybody if a 718 Spyder with PDLS+'+' (the highest option) can be coded to have Matrix features like in europe?
Can it also be coded to allow the remote to begin/end the roof open/close process?

And can those above be done:
a) readily with "free stuff" out there
and/or b) readily with someone remotely..

p.s. I have M.I.B. installed and patched, where I coded for nav/android auto, so far
Old 01-22-2024, 04:08 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by isthar
Does anybody if a 718 Spyder with PDLS+'+' (the highest option) can be coded to have Matrix features like in europe?
Can it also be coded to allow the remote to begin/end the roof open/close process?

And can those above be done:
a) readily with "free stuff" out there
and/or b) readily with someone remotely..

p.s. I have M.I.B. installed and patched, where I coded for nav/android auto, so far
I inquired about the fully-adaptive headlights coding but was assured it was not possible. It was possible on my 2015 M3 with Adaptive Headlights and the European coding was amazing. It was quite the light show with the beams dancing around with approaching cars and then splitting around the car in front of you. People were saying that type of coding is only available with matrix headlights but I know that is an incorrect answer as my BMW's lights were only Adaptive LEDs not Matrix LEDs.

Regarding the power roof, yes you can code the remote to open and close the roof, but there was an issue with getting the windows to close fully upon closing the roof. Smart Top module does allow full control over those settings though.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:51 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mc3456
I inquired about the fully-adaptive headlights coding but was assured it was not possible. It was possible on my 2015 M3 with Adaptive Headlights and the European coding was amazing. It was quite the light show with the beams dancing around with approaching cars and then splitting around the car in front of you. People were saying that type of coding is only available with matrix headlights but I know that is an incorrect answer as my BMW's lights were only Adaptive LEDs not Matrix LEDs.

Regarding the power roof, yes you can code the remote to open and close the roof, but there was an issue with getting the windows to close fully upon closing the roof. Smart Top module does allow full control over those settings though.
I just stumbled across this post--at least when done with a PIWIS, the coding for the roof to open and close the top using the key fob, fully closes the windows upon closing the top. You just continue to hold the lock button on the remote after roof closing and the windows go all the way up on my BGTS. The windows also go all the way up after opening the roof, if you continue to hold down the unlock button. Not sure what issue you're referring to.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:41 PM
isthar
Instructor

While on this topic - is PIWIS the only way to code this feature (roof open/close by remote) being discussed?
edit: as in, not a feature MIB could handle?
Old 03-11-2024, 03:45 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 731 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by mc3456

Does this not get the windows to close after closing the roof? (changing the second highlighted to "ja"?)
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post19173635
Old 03-11-2024, 05:29 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul S.
I just stumbled across this post--at least when done with a PIWIS, the coding for the roof to open and close the top using the key fob, fully closes the windows upon closing the top. You just continue to hold the lock button on the remote after roof closing and the windows go all the way up on my BGTS. The windows also go all the way up after opening the roof, if you continue to hold down the unlock button. Not sure what issue you're referring to.
Mine was remote coded with PIWIS 3 by another Rennlister about 16 months ago. At the time, full window opening was an issue after full roof open. Perhaps that issue has since been solved. My car is currently in storage covered up on a lift so I can not play with it.

Last edited by mc3456; 03-11-2024 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:56 PM
ramans
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Has anyone figured out if the Launch can add in other tyre pressure settings, I know there's a way to enable winter vs summer in some of the cars, it would be nice to put add in a 19" track setting to my car
Old 03-11-2024, 09:15 PM
Treemagnet
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ramans
Has anyone figured out if the Launch can add in other tyre pressure settings, I know there's a way to enable winter vs summer in some of the cars, it would be nice to put add in a 19" track setting to my car
This is something I'd like to know as well.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:07 AM
arne
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ramans
I seem to recall seeing on another forum that someone did this with a Launch. I can't confirm, though.
The following users liked this post:
Treemagnet (03-12-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 12:31 PM
isthar
Instructor

I just noticed I don't have a daylight-savings time toggle in my cluster date/time settings on my '22 - easy coding to re-add? (I had to change time manually vs just check-uncheck at the right dates)
Old 03-13-2024, 12:45 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,184 Likes on 2,118 Posts

I just noticed I don't have a daylight-savings time toggle in my cluster date/time settings on my '22 - easy coding to re-add? (I had to change time manually vs just check-uncheck at the right dates)
that is right in the PCM…. go Date and Time and click on Autotime to GPS
Old 03-13-2024, 12:51 PM
isthar
Instructor

Originally Posted by UncleDude
that is right in the PCM…. go Date and Time and click on Autotime to GPS
Forgot to mention, oddly that row is greyed out!
Old 03-13-2024, 12:53 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,184 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Forgot to mention, oddly that row is greyed out!
I’m guessing you don’t have nav then?

Quick Reply: Coding options and features for 718