Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS Spec - Missing Anything?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 10:45 PM
bw4
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT4RS Spec - Missing Anything?

Hey guys,

I have a slot for a GT4RS, sounds like July delivery. My spec is 95% completed, just wondering if there are any "must-haves" that I've missed. The images under "Interior Leather" and "Interior Race-Tex" aren't very clear in regards to what changes, so any assistance with that would be much appreciated.

Also, have seen a few 4RSs with the center hood stripe in the exterior color. I'd love to have that and my understanding is that it's a CXX option, so any help as to how to approach that would be great as well.

Cheers.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPG4QD10

Last edited by bw4; 11-26-2022 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention center hood stripe
Old 11-27-2022, 01:10 AM
LeftLane50mph
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 40 Posts

Maybe smoking package?

Last edited by LeftLane50mph; 11-27-2022 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:43 PM
PorscheNut454
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 20 Posts

With WP the interior is mainly Race Tex, except for the seat bolsters. The steering and gear shifter in leather means your wheel or shift boot won’t be in Race Tex.

Smartphone compartment option is a waste and just makes a glorified holder for your phone.

You can ask your SA to add 1T3 in their system. It is the first aid kit for $20.

You have stitching picked in red but your floor mats in yellow?
Old 11-27-2022, 05:36 PM
bw4
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by PorscheNut454
With WP the interior is mainly Race Tex, except for the seat bolsters. The steering and gear shifter in leather means your wheel or shift boot won’t be in Race Tex.

Smartphone compartment option is a waste and just makes a glorified holder for your phone.

You can ask your SA to add 1T3 in their system. It is the first aid kit for $20.

You have stitching picked in red but your floor mats in yellow?
Thanks. Your response was very helpful. Need clarification on one thing, does "Steering Column Casing in Leather" include the steering wheel and shifter in leather? There isn't an explicit option for leather wheel/shifter and the pictures appear to have those in leather already.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:39 PM
PorscheNut454
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bw4
Thanks. Your response was very helpful. Need clarification on one thing, does "Steering Column Casing in Leather" include the steering wheel and shifter in leather? There isn't an explicit option for leather wheel/shifter and the pictures appear to have those in leather already.
The default steering wheel and shifter is in Race Tex. Photo attached. You also lose the yellow 12 oclock marker if you select the leather option.

If you select leather option, the whole wheel rim is leather and the shifter and shift boot is leather.

Old 11-27-2022, 05:51 PM
bw4
Cruisin'

The default steering wheel and shifter is in Race Tex. Photo attached. You also lose the yellow 12 oclock marker if you select the leather option.

If you select leather option, the whole wheel rim is leather and the shifter and shift boot is leather.
Okay thank you. So, if you add WP then you’re getting Race Tex steering wheel. If you want leather steering/gear you cannot have WP, correct? Beautiful interior you have there by the way.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:52 PM
PorscheNut454
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bw4
Okay thank you. So, if you add WP then you’re getting Race Tex steering wheel. If you want leather steering/gear you cannot have WP, correct? Beautiful interior you have there by the way.
The steering wheel and shifter is race tex by default on both WP and non WP.

WP gives you race tex on the upper dash and upper door cards.

If you select the leather wheel and leather shifter on either WP or non WP, it makes them leather, otherwise default is race tex.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:57 PM
bw4
Cruisin'

The steering wheel and shifter is race tex by default on both WP and non WP.

WP gives you race tex on the upper dash and upper door cards.

If you select the leather wheel and leather shifter on either WP or non WP, it makes them leather, otherwise default is race tex.
Thanks - can you order a leather wheel and gear shift along with the WP? Or are Race Tex and WP tied together in such a way that you can’t order leather? Apologies for the back and forth.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:59 PM
PorscheNut454
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bw4
Thanks - can you order a leather wheel and gear shift along with the WP? Or are Race Tex and WP tied together in such a way that you can’t order leather? Apologies for the back and forth.
Yes, if you want WP and the leather wheel and shifter, then select the leather wheel and shifter option (I believe that is how you currently have it).
Old 11-27-2022, 06:12 PM
bw4
Cruisin'

Yes, if you want WP and the leather wheel and shifter, then select the leather wheel and shifter option (I believe that is how you currently have it).
Got it. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:05 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I don't think you missed anything! That is more than my GT3!

I would double check - looks like red stitching while all the other accents are yellow. Mistake?
Old 11-29-2022, 02:49 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Get rid of the bose and add the XM radio wart delete.
The following users liked this post:
HooosierDaddy (11-30-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 09:25 PM
gobble
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

If you're someone with a lot of cars I don't think you're missing anything. That looks very nice. If you're like me and have one nice fun car, you're missing that you could buy a nice 458 for that money. I'd take the Ferrari over a sport beetle any day.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:41 AM
HooosierDaddy
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I don't think you missed anything! That is more than my GT3!

I would double check - looks like red stitching while all the other accents are yellow. Mistake?
LOL... My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure they missed any of the check boxes!

Old 11-30-2022, 08:44 AM
HooosierDaddy
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by bw4
Hey guys,

I have a slot for a GT4RS, sounds like July delivery. My spec is 95% completed, just wondering if there are any "must-haves" that I've missed. The images under "Interior Leather" and "Interior Race-Tex" aren't very clear in regards to what changes, so any assistance with that would be much appreciated.

Also, have seen a few 4RSs with the center hood stripe in the exterior color. I'd love to have that and my understanding is that it's a CXX option, so any help as to how to approach that would be great as well.

Cheers.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPG4QD10
Nice spec, June build allocation?

Quick Reply: GT4RS Spec - Missing Anything?