Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Recommended: EdGuardUSA LWBS Bolster Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 06:04 PM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,038 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by gt4sf
Which brackets are you using and how is the angle?
I use trackspec ones. Angle is just right for me at 180cm tall.
The following users liked this post:
gt4sf (02-12-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 07:45 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,134 Likes on 628 Posts

Pro-tip. If you ever notice the outside of the bolster cover not sitting quite so snug when tucked into the seat (this can happen if you cant get the inside part in enough to pull it tight due to how strong the velcro is), buy some felt tape from amazon and wrap the two plastic tabs. Dont need to go crazy just the tip is good enough, and that creates just enough of a buldge as well as enough friction to keep the tabs nice and snug inside the seat. Helps the cover curve around the seat a bit more for a more OEM look. I'd take pictures...but my car is at the dealership for a CEL that wont go away =(
Old 03-11-2023, 05:47 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the GTS interior with Chalk stitching, and couldn't find a Chalk option on his website (I think the closest option was GT Silver). Has anyone gotten these in black with Chalk stitching?
Old 03-12-2023, 12:50 AM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,134 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by triode
I have the GTS interior with Chalk stitching, and couldn't find a Chalk option on his website (I think the closest option was GT Silver). Has anyone gotten these in black with Chalk stitching?
email him. A lot of the options arent directly on his website. He responds really quickly. If you are local to him he can do local pickup to and will allow you to avoid tax.
triode (03-13-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 01:45 PM
Keith4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by triode
Yes, I have GTS interior and Ed did a set with chalk stitching. Just email and he'll take care of you.
triode (03-13-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 03:30 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 70 Posts

I STRONGLY recommend anyone get the headrest cover too if they are using a high back booster/car seat. I got one merely for track use but it was immediately clear the car seat would thrash the headrest over time, so thankfully I already had the cover to serve double duty.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:39 AM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
I STRONGLY recommend anyone get the headrest cover too if they are using a high back booster/car seat. I got one merely for track use but it was immediately clear the car seat would thrash the headrest over time, so thankfully I already had the cover to serve double duty.
The Costco Booster seat fits perfect. I recommend this one - it's $20. I had mine re-upholstered... no wear at all to the LWBS bolsters.
I can't picture one that could reach all the way up to the headrest?? - that sounds like a very large car seat for LWBS's...??

Old 08-28-2023, 01:22 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I can't picture one that could reach all the way up to the headrest?? - that sounds like a very large car seat for LWBS's...??
High back full harness anchored car seat/booster for smaller kids, Diono Radian. Fits perfectly, doesn't put any stress on the side bolsters, but will rub on the headrest.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:45 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
High back full harness anchored car seat/booster for smaller kids, Diono Radian. Fits perfectly, doesn't put any stress on the side bolsters, but will rub on the headrest.
Ah - and you're using the seatbelt as the anchor... I gotcha!

Quick Reply: Recommended: EdGuardUSA LWBS Bolster Covers