Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Was Offered a 2024 Cayman GTS 4.0 Allocation. Need Help With The Build!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 06:12 PM
991.7mt
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Was Offered a 2024 Cayman GTS 4.0 Allocation. Need Help With The Build!

Hey everyone!

A Porsche dealership that I spoke with told me they have an allocation for a 2024 Cayman GTS 4.0 slated for August production. These are the details.

$4k ADM
$1295 pre-paid second maintenance (first is free)

I have owned a 2013 C2 7MT and 2015 Cayman S 6MT, but never been able to spec a new Porsche myself.

I was thinking Premium Package, Ice Grey, LWB.

That would bring the MSRP to around $106k with the ADM + maintenance. Seems kind of crazy.

Is it worth getting an almost zero option car with this ADM? Do people get LWB for the GTS? Any insight would be appreciated since I’ve never done this and I’m not sure this is as great of an opportunity as it seems.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 06:28 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,126 Likes on 621 Posts

When i did a build for the GTS i specced LWBS. personally i think a lot of the choices are up to you, and how you enjoy the car will be up to you. However there was a specific experience i was looking for when i specced my car. So i did things like full leather interior and interior trim matching exterior color. All that makes me love and enjoy the car more and more.

Personally with such a low ADM i would be speccing all the options i would want. And to be honest i don't really consider GTS interior to be zero option. A lot of what comes in the GTS interior package is what people would spec individually anyways. Plus if you are getting the LWBS those are the big items anyways. The only other thing that i added when speccing out a GTS was the Burmester system and PDLS+ headlights.
triode (03-16-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 06:39 PM
madmilk
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 29 Posts

I opted the two-ways in mine as I'm the only one who will ever drive it. I positioned them once and will never need to again unless someone in the service department jacks with it. They're super comfortable and supportive. You might consider getting the Porsche crest embossed on the headrests which is a nice touch. As Xxyion mentioned, you might consider getting the leather interior package as that adds to the upscale feeling of the interior. You don't need to go bananas and cover every single surface with leather to get that effect. And as a personal preference, the Carrera Sport wheels are the easiest to clean of the wheel options and look amazing. The wheels are probably my favorite part of the car next to the color and 6MT. And you're the first person I've seen on here confirm that they're making 2024 GTS 4.0s. Congrats! You're incredibly lucky to get what is surely the last year of this model.
nobbyv (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 06:40 PM
Joe250
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 58 Posts

LWBS have not been available for GTS 4.0's for several months. The situation can change at any time, so check with your SA.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:40 PM
GainesvilleGT4
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.7mt
Hey everyone!

A Porsche dealership that I spoke with told me they have an allocation for a 2024 Cayman GTS 4.0 slated for August production. These are the details.

$4k ADM

I have owned a 2013 C2 7MT and 2015 Cayman S 6MT, but never been able to spec a new Porsche myself.

That would bring the MSRP to around $106k with the ADM + maintenance. Seems kind of crazy.

Is it worth getting an almost zero option car with this ADM? Do people get LWB for the GTS? Any insight would be appreciated since I’ve never done this and I’m not sure this is as great of an opportunity as it seems.

Thanks!
Do it! $4k ADM plus the maintenance is a pretty good deal for today. I’d jump on that if I wanted a GTS.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

Good luck going down the rabbit hole of Porsche options.

Every time I am done, my wallet would be at least 20k lighter.

My personal pet peeve is trim on dash/ door/ centre console should match door sills if possible. I also like full leather dash because of the stitching.

It never ends…the Porsche tax nails me every. single. time.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:29 PM
991.7mt
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks everyone for the initial insight!

I think part of it is me deciding if $100k is worth it for this car vs a 991.1 S or 718 GTS.

Caymans we’re never supposed to be $100k, especially non GT cars haha.

Do people usually get the free/less expensive colors or are the more expensive colors worth the extra money?

Is everyone over the moon with their GTS 4.0?

I’m 31, so this would be a huge purchase for me, but also might be one of the last times I can do this for a car I actually care about.

Last edited by 991.7mt; 03-14-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:13 PM
ttcbj
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.7mt;

I’m 31, so this would be a huge purchase for me, but also might be one of the last times I can do this for a car I actually care about.
ultimately, only you can make the call on what you value, but the way this is worded gives me a little pause.

I am truly over the moon with my BGTS4.0, but I am also much older (48) and at a stage of life where I have far more money than time. I literally can’t tell the money is gone, but I value anything that can give me a few hours of enjoyment away from my responsibilities very highly.

The BGTS4.0 is ultimately just a car. You can buy a used one when you are older if you want. It’s up to you, but I would not recommend spending that money at 31 unless you either won’t miss it, or it is such a slam dunk for your life enjoyment that you have no hesitation.

you could have a very good experience in a used 981s for $50-70k less. If you buy it from CarMax you can get a warranty for a reasonable price. It sounds like you’ve already owned several other sports cars, I doubt it will be THAT different.

anyway, your call, but don’t pressure yourself on it doesn’t feel right.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:18 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,217 Likes on 2,132 Posts

Thanks everyone for the initial insight!

I think part of it is me deciding if $100k is worth it for this car vs a 991.1 S or 718 GTS.

Caymans we’re never supposed to be $100k, especially non GT cars haha.

Do people usually get the free/less expensive colors or are the more expensive colors worth the extra money?

Just look at the recipe - it is the stuff dream cars are made of. If you can’t afford it don’t buy it, but if you can you won’t regret it. I started with a GTS and it was low options. At the time (first porsche) it made sense to me, and I had a pretty strict budget. In hindsight I’d do it differently, mine was yellow, silver wheels, base interior with 3 options (bose, PDLS+ and yellow chrono clock). It was / is a striking car. Were I to do it again I’d add more options. More interior goodies. You’re in a good position, good luck.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:42 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,707 Likes on 944 Posts

Things go up, so 100k for a sports car isn't that crazy. Plus if you want to feel like you got a deal, on the day you sign the papers on your GTS 4.0 go over to Mercedes and look at a Mercedes SL for 200k. I'm sure that car is built for some target demographic but I can't imagine who rather drive that over a Porsche.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zhao:
kwikit356 (03-17-2023), triode (03-16-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 09:48 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 140 Posts

Hey everyone!

$4k ADM

Thanks!
Congrats! This is the best non-gt cayman ever made. Here is my advice.

Seats - are you going to track the car? If not, find a dealer with a car with LWBs in stock and test getting in/out and overall fit. I love mine but they are a bit of a pain but I do track several times a year.

If you're considering ice grey (new color this year btw) it goes really well with red stitch, etc. Extra bonus if you get the steel brakes as the calipers are red. BUT.. you may want to consider GT Silver, its a classic color and will save you a few shekels. If it ends up being a low option car, why spend the extra on the color?

Check with your dealer as well, many are resistant to selling a low option car, even with your ADM..

Good luck

Old 03-14-2023, 10:58 PM
B-Rapid 718
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts

That is the exact reason I Ponied up to get a Cayman GTS we might never be able to get a midengine rear wheel drive in manual transmission again minus the Emira of course 😂. I was even willing to pay way over my budget and get a GT3 but haha it’s my first Porsche and they laughed at me. I ended up with a low spec ( poverty spec) example. I usually only pay for performance upgrades but most was included in the GTS i.e., Sport Chrono package, mechanical limited slip differential, SPASM, PTV, I wish I had the PCCB’s but did not have the option which sucks because the brake dust on my black wheels is a nightmare in hindsight the painted satin platinum would have been better for me. I didn’t want any extra electronics that would weight down the car or possibly break so I didn’t add things like Burmester/Bose audio, Power folding mirrors, LCA, ACC, Porsche entry and drive, LED with PDLS which adds an extra module near the rear view mirror and if those lights goes out your buying the whole assembly the Bi-xenon’s I could just replace the bulb plus I think looks better on the Cayman. LED’s look good on the Spyder or Boxster. I pretty much got an appearance package only adding painted black calipers, black brush aluminum, black Porsche logo in satin black, Shark blue seat belts, $650 for Agate grey which was not my first choice. I hate clear tail lights and I felt that Agate grey blended the best making the tail lights almost unnoticeable. Extended leather was a tough one but in the end didn’t see the value in such a small sports car. Yes, had I been building a Cayenne or 911 there would be leather everywhere. Plus I’ve heard the adhesive on the leather coming undone under the Florida or California sun. I think you will be wayyy over the moon like I was. All in all I’m was at $90430 which is a steal in Northern California where msrp is hard to find. Good luck with the 2024 allocation I thought 23 was the final year. 👍

Old 03-14-2023, 11:06 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,829 Likes on 2,185 Posts

Wait, I thought Porsche wasn't building any 24 Cayman GTS cars.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:08 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 889 Likes on 355 Posts

That was a misinformed SA lol everyone knew GTS goes on for 2024

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Wait, I thought Porsche wasn't building any 24 Cayman GTS cars.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:21 AM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,325 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
When i did a build for the GTS i specced LWBS. personally i think a lot of the choices are up to you, and how you enjoy the car will be up to you. However there was a specific experience i was looking for when i specced my car. So i did things like full leather interior and interior trim matching exterior color. All that makes me love and enjoy the car more and more.

Personally with such a low ADM i would be speccing all the options i would want. And to be honest i don't really consider GTS interior to be zero option. A lot of what comes in the GTS interior package is what people would spec individually anyways. Plus if you are getting the LWBS those are the big items anyways. The only other thing that i added when speccing out a GTS was the Burmester system and PDLS+ headlights.

Can you post some pics of that full leather interior? Do you mean leather/race tex with lots of leather optioning? Or zero race-tex?

Quick Reply: Was Offered a 2024 Cayman GTS 4.0 Allocation. Need Help With The Build!