Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Apparently the M2 Comp is a better drive than a CGTS 4.0 (more YT review content)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 10:47 AM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 509 Likes on 247 Posts

BMW are still top of the food chain when it comes to drive train tuning. They managed to integrate the ZF better than anyone. I have an m340i on a boat right now for my new daily, pairs nicely with the GT4. Could of gotten a G80 or X3M but really the B58 is so excellent for a street car didn't feel the need. Its a shame BMW don't make NA engines anymore, if they did the gap to Porsche would be a lot closer. Still miss my E90 M3, every time I see one I am determined to get another one. Don't miss my M2C.
The following 3 users liked this post by Montaver:
akhbhaat (06-03-2023), colnagoG60 (06-01-2023), JAhmed (06-03-2023)
Old 06-01-2023, 11:06 AM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Montaver
BMW are still top of the food chain when it comes to drive train tuning. They managed to integrate the ZF better than anyone. I have an m340i on a boat right now for my new daily, pairs nicely with the GT4. Could have gotten a G80 or X3M but really the B58 is so excellent for a street car didn't feel the need. It's a shame BMW don't make NA engines anymore, if they did the gap to Porsche would be a lot closer. Still miss my E90 M3, every time I see one I am determined to get another one. Don't miss my M2C.
Not sure if you are familiar with Studio PSI . . . a local specialty dealer down here in Florida, just outside Orlando.

They specialize in BMWs. Their modus operandi is finding 'mint' ///M cars and making them showroom quality with classy and desired 'add-ons' that most enthusiasts really appreciate.

I have attached a link to their current ///M 3 inventory . . . I do not recall the exact years the E90 fell under, but I THINK a couple of these fall under that category.

Anyway, the Studio PSI inventory is always evolving and thought you might appreciate their product as an enthusiast.

Avera

https://www.thestudiocars.com/vehicl...model_eq%5D=M3
The following users liked this post:
Montaver (06-01-2023)
Old 06-03-2023, 09:21 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

400+lbs more would eliminated the BMW for me right out the gate. Even the video showed him driving the BMW much jerkier with a lot of unnecessary braking and acceleration while the Porsche was flowing much easier with the turns as its better chassis inspired confidence to take the turns with much higher speeds eliminating the need to extensively brake and accelerate. I guess he equates jerky with "fun and engaging" and smooth & flowing with "boring". Racers will know what I'm talking about. Different strokes...

Last edited by hf1; 06-03-2023 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-03-2023, 10:05 AM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 227 Posts

Both great cars! Just be amazed that we live in a current world where we could choose one of these!
Old 06-03-2023, 10:59 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,688 Likes on 935 Posts

^, true, it could be some horrid period in cars like the 70s. or 5 years from now.
The following users liked this post:
daaa nope (06-03-2023)
Old 06-03-2023, 11:39 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 550 Likes on 303 Posts

Interesting to hear the positive comments on the M2C. I haven't driven one, but seem to see a lot of them lately. I did own (briefly... it was my ex-wife's car right before we filed for the D) a 17 M4 Competition.... and very, very much did not like it. Fast fast fast... I referred to it as the "German Mustang" (my snobby ex HATED that...) but that's what it felt like. It was well built, nice materials, the motor torque was awesome when screwing around on the street, but it did not feel "precise".. it felt big and lumbering and numb. More like a stiff-riding Lexus (or... a slightly better built Mustang!) Nothing at all like any of my past or current Porsches.

Sad because I used to be a big BMW fan... owned a 320is waaaay back in the day, came close to buying an E30 M3 a number of times, always loved the E46s (and I've heard from multiple people I have a lot of respect for, that the E46 330i ZHP is the best driving car BMW has made in recent history... with the "alive" feel of the old E30s but with more refinement.)
Old 06-03-2023, 07:38 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,133 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Interesting to hear the positive comments on the M2C. I haven't driven one, but seem to see a lot of them lately. I did own (briefly... it was my ex-wife's car right before we filed for the D) a 17 M4 Competition.... and very, very much did not like it. Fast fast fast... I referred to it as the "German Mustang" (my snobby ex HATED that...) but that's what it felt like. It was well built, nice materials, the motor torque was awesome when screwing around on the street, but it did not feel "precise".. it felt big and lumbering and numb. More like a stiff-riding Lexus (or... a slightly better built Mustang!) Nothing at all like any of my past or current Porsches.

Sad because I used to be a big BMW fan... owned a 320is waaaay back in the day, came close to buying an E30 M3 a number of times, always loved the E46s (and I've heard from multiple people I have a lot of respect for, that the E46 330i ZHP is the best driving car BMW has made in recent history... with the "alive" feel of the old E30s but with more refinement.)
The M4 is fine as long as you're not comparing it to a Porsche.

Quick Reply: Apparently the M2 Comp is a better drive than a CGTS 4.0 (more YT review content)