Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Burmester Favorite Settings

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 11:33 AM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts
Default Burmester Favorite Settings

I just picked my car up this week - had an 1100 mile journey home in it.
I optioned the Burmester and was playing around with the settings a bit.

For those with some seat time - what is your favorite setting? I think I landed on the Live setting with the Sound Conditioner on. I noticed though that with high volume this setting produces too much bass. Ear splitting. So I obviously turned the bass down... but then the bass was too low for lower volume...

I also liked the Surround setting... The bass wasn't as heavy but the sound came from behind me a bit too much - I probably could have moved the balance forward though...

I'm a set it and forget it kinda guy - so curious what favorite setting you guys used that provides that sweet spot for all volumes??

Old 06-09-2023, 12:30 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

I too prefer the dynamics of the Live setting, but likewise noticed bass boom on some tracks; I have only 1200 miles on mine (very little of which with the music on), so I'm anticipating some break-in of the speaker drivers as they loosen up with repeated excursions.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:42 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by triode
I too prefer the dynamics of the Live setting, but likewise noticed bass boom on some tracks; I have only 1200 miles on mine (very little of which with the music on), so I'm anticipating some break-in of the speaker drivers as they loosen up with repeated excursions.
Yeah I guess that's another aspect is that the speakers will break in a bit too...
Old 06-09-2023, 05:36 PM
cybers3c
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I just picked my car up this week - had an 1100 mile journey home in it.
I optioned the Burmester and was playing around with the settings a bit.

For those with some seat time - what is your favorite setting? I think I landed on the Live setting with the Sound Conditioner on. I noticed though that with high volume this setting produces too much bass. Ear splitting. So I obviously turned the bass down... but then the bass was too low for lower volume...

I also liked the Surround setting... The bass wasn't as heavy but the sound came from behind me a bit too much - I probably could have moved the balance forward though...

I'm a set it and forget it kinda guy - so curious what favorite setting you guys used that provides that sweet spot for all volumes??
It's not you, same experience here. I find the Burmester is somewhat lackluster as I've mentioned in other threads.

Opinions aside, I have mine set to Bass -6, Treble -1 on the Live setting for all sources (SiriusXM, Carplay and FM radio). I have tried extensively to tweak beyond those settings, but can't find anything that sounds better to my ears.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:37 PM
GTSPYDER23
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by cybers3c
It's not you, same experience here. I find the Burmester is somewhat lackluster as I've mentioned in other threads.

Opinions aside, I have mine set to Bass -6, Treble -1 on the Live setting for all sources (SiriusXM, Carplay and FM radio). I have tried extensively to tweak beyond those settings, but can't find anything that sounds better to my ears.

Yeah, this has been covered in various threads, but it really has to do with the connection to get the most out of the Burm. Bluetooth simply does not provide enough bandwith. You must connect your phone to the USB in the armrest. It is totally different. Next for your music provider, download the highest quality songs, and play your songs directly from your phone through the USB connection.

But for SiriusXM and regular radio, there simply isn't enough bandwidth to support high quality listening.

Last edited by GTSPYDER23; 06-09-2023 at 07:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
triode (06-10-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 09:08 AM
mplex
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts

As a set it and forget it type of person, I actually find myself changing this quite a bit. I tend to stick to Pure CarPlay, unless the type of music I’m listening to deserves the surround mode, which can be nice. I also like smooth listening for Podcasts, and switch to it for long content. I mostly stick to Pure after 10k miles of listening.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:23 AM
slm9555
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 29 Posts

I only have 600 miles on my car but I’m liking the live setting with bass and treble around +6.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:30 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by slm9555
I only have 600 miles on my car but I’m liking the live setting with bass and treble around +6.
Oh wow - so you've turned them UP... Do you have the sound conditioner selected? I feel like that also boosts the bass....
Old 06-10-2023, 06:01 PM
slm9555
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Oh wow - so you've turned them UP... Do you have the sound conditioner selected? I feel like that also boosts the bass....
yes, I do have it on. Sometimes I need to lower the bass to +4 and keep treble at +6.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:34 PM
MaddMike
Drifting

Received 1,739 Likes on 847 Posts

I have found that the best "setting" was following Musicar's template and dynamating the doors. Made the sound less bright and the bass less boomy. I keep mine in Live with plus 1 or 2 on treble and -6 or so on bass.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:43 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I have found that the best "setting" was following Musicar's template and dynamating the doors. Made the sound less bright and the bass less boomy. I keep mine in Live with plus 1 or 2 on treble and -6 or so on bass.
Yep I'll be doing the same to my doors... and I'm quite similar on my settings now too...
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (06-17-2023)

Quick Reply: Burmester Favorite Settings