Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 BESPOKE ROCKER SIDE SKIRTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 09:57 PM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay9722
Your gold wheels look fantastic on the red. Can you give the specs on your wheel/tire setup?
Thank you Jay9722

19x9 ET46 w/ 265/35R19
19x11 ET45 w/ 305/30R19

Tires are Nankang AR-1s
Old 09-16-2023, 10:31 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 76 Posts

How is this project coming along? Still in progress? Seems that a car was getting scanned back in June.
Old 09-16-2023, 11:25 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
How is this project coming along? Still in progress? Seems that a car was getting scanned back in June.
We did get a good scan when my buddy was home a few months ago, and he’s been fitting this side project in the mix with everything else he’s got going on… He’s currently working on a project with SPOON for a FK8 custom front bumper. He’ll be back in town over Halloween, and might be bringing the prototype with him…. Time will tell

The following 2 users liked this post by BoxKing:
rubber_ducky (09-18-2023), TRSCobra (09-16-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 10:27 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

My buddy is flying in for the week, and the model side skirt will be delivered at some point today, with fitment/design testing over the weekend - pics to follow.

Quick question: for those who have the RS trim parts on their GT4/SPYDER; anyone willing to part with their sets for a 2-3 weeks? I'd like to get my hands on these so I can mock them up, then offer them to the community for a fraction of the costs OEM suppliers list them at. These would list as "OEM STYLE", they will be 98% the same, with subtle changes (unseen) to the internal structure designs, in order to bypass any issues with PORSCHE Corporate.

Front Spoiler Side Trim RS
Rear Valance Aero Fins RS
Old 10-27-2023, 10:46 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
My buddy is flying in for the week, and the model side skirt will be delivered at some point today, with fitment/design testing over the weekend - pics to follow.

Quick question: for those who have the RS trim parts on their GT4/SPYDER; anyone willing to part with their sets for a 2-3 weeks? I'd like to get my hands on these so I can mock them up, then offer them to the community for a fraction of the costs OEM suppliers list them at. These would list as "OEM STYLE", they will be 98% the same, with subtle changes (unseen) to the internal structure designs, in order to bypass any issues with PORSCHE Corporate.

Front Spoiler Side Trim RS
Rear Valance Aero Fins RS
I’m very much looking forward to your side skirt project. I’m almost certainly a buyer.

Re: the RS parts…

i have the rear bits installed already. While I don’t recall the actual cost, I don’t remember them being crazy expensive. These may not be worth any replication efforts.

Wrt to front “air curtains”… just making them line up with the OE GT4 front splitter will likely make them different enough from the OE part to keep you out of trouble. You’ll likely have significant interest in these parts due to the OE part only fitting the “GT4 RS” branded splitter.
Old 10-27-2023, 12:49 PM
lovetoturn
Burning Brakes

Received 895 Likes on 459 Posts

What we really need are canards and revised side spoilers. More downforce to make way for rear wing modifications.

The side air curtains can be bought at Porsche or here. Not that expensive.

Last edited by lovetoturn; 10-27-2023 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 02:54 PM
DomTheBomb
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting, those Manthey front side curtain look more like the GT4 than the 4rs
Old 10-27-2023, 07:27 PM
DR.S
Banned

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Are the MR canards and side pieces available separatly?
Old 10-27-2023, 10:06 PM
lovetoturn
Burning Brakes

Received 895 Likes on 459 Posts

They should, but no they are not. It will take the aftermarket to create them and make them available.

Frogvenom has already come up with GT4 RS type front side splitters to fit a regular GT4. I can not personally attest to their fit and finish but the pictures look pretty good. If they could make us a similar version of Manthey part and some canards, I am sure there would be quite a few takers of those parts.

https://frog-venom.com/products/1111...43453289562304
Old 11-20-2023, 12:57 AM
Gasmannc
8th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How did the fitting go? I recently started searching for skirts so very interested on how this turns out. Would b very interested in future purchase; would like non CF to match stock aero
The following users liked this post:
lovetoturn (11-20-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 01:31 PM
Kris79
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in for the updates.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:02 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

I do have updates.

First, and unknown to me when starting this thread, is the discussion regarding the potential for future production of the final product, and how this was teetering on the lines of me being required to become an "authorized vendor", this was discussed in length via PM with a RL community leader. It appears my intent for community feedback for an item that might be reproduced (for profit) requires me to follow their guidelines. I get it, but at the same time I don't, as reproducing these could end up being more of a headache as a side hustle than I expect, and I haven't even crossed these lines internally because we're still working on the final version(s). Becoming a sponsor would be no big deal, but not until the decision is made on my end to do so, with the intent to distribute. There is one more RL community member I was referred to talk to with respect to this issue, so I can get this all sorted out. Hopefully this makes sense to you guys

In the meantime, you can look at the progress on my IG (linked below), and leave your comments there. Initial test fitting was FLAWLESS! We're currently reworking the design to taper more like the 992 generation skirts, so they have a more OEM look.

ps... I will upload images here if I can. Please keep the discussion with regards to "sales", off the thread until I get more clarification/authorization from the RL Team.

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by BoxKing; 12-04-2023 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:00 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,189 Likes on 2,120 Posts

Looks promising. Same comments from me as before but it sounds like you're working on another version. This is good proof of concept.
The following users liked this post:
BoxKing (12-04-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 07:53 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DR.S
I like your design.
May I give you some advice: The rear edge could follow the bead in the sill more closely.
And the upper outer edge could be a tad smoother.

I don't understand RL starting debating site sponsoring while nothing is finished.
Thank you for your input. I think your advice follows our next concept changes to a “T”.
The first version as shown on IG was designed with fitment being our primary focus, making the initial design sort of generic looking. The thicker bottom edge on the skirt was designed to match the front matte plastic trim of the front lip assembly, its identical in width, making it cohesive from a design standpoint, but looks a little chunky in person; this is going to be smoothened up.

The image below is as close to what our next version will look like without me posting the physical design files, with a little 718 flare to be revealed in the near future.
Next design iteration could be test fitted as soon as months end.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:08 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Looks promising. Same comments from me as before but it sounds like you're working on another version. This is good proof of concept.
There might be 4,5,6 different versions before we have that Ahhh-Haaaa moment!
Currently, we’re having fun with the different design concepts. My buddy has his… BE WILD, BE DIFFERENT approach, while I’m a keep it CLEAN, & OEM looking kinda guy.

The next set produced will be dueling skirts (both sides), which will be applied to the car with temporary adhesive tape, so I can get a feel for the fit and finish over a period of time, and not just a quick fitment test/photo shoot.

Quick Reply: 718 BESPOKE ROCKER SIDE SKIRTS