Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4/Sypder/GT4RS/SRS Aero Developement Thread - Blue Spot Autowerks

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 11:22 PM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Fractal-Spyder
I have JCR. will they be compatible? 718 Spyder & SRS inbound.
If by JCR, you are referring to exhaust fitting the diffuser, it’s hard to tell at this stage. If the JCR is valved, then we need more investigation to see if the valve diaphragm will clear. The race version exhaust will clear.

Last edited by BlueSpotAutowrks; 01-11-2024 at 11:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Fractal-Spyder (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 07:53 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSpotAutowrks

Check out our website for more info on these topics!
I googled “Blue spot autowerks” and I couldn’t find your shop. Why not post a link here?
Old 01-13-2024, 10:16 AM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSpotAutowrks
If by JCR, you are referring to exhaust fitting the diffuser, it’s hard to tell at this stage. If the JCR is valved, then we need more investigation to see if the valve diaphragm will clear. The race version exhaust will clear.
Mine is valved / non-sileced. I actually never gave this a thought (missing aero due to x-pipe upgrade) until you brought it up on this thread. If whatever you come up with blends in well, and if the pricing is reasonable, I would be highly interested in this. Only concern would be the cooling of the pipes (direct or passive). Obviously, I won't be sending you my car, but I'd welcome your visit to inspect or, if you want, I can send detailed photos since my car is up on the lift.

When you are ready to look into this, just PM me, and I'd be happy to assist. Doing my first DIY oil change today, so if you need some specific photos, let me know.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:24 AM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Quick question: Are you planning on wind-tunnel testing this and sharing the data once released? For any aero parts, I think this may be very important to many. For a road focused open tops like mine, I'm sure it would be fine, but for those with GT4 or GT4 RS, I'm assuming this would be a very important thing to know.

Last edited by Fractal-Spyder; 01-13-2024 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-13-2024, 11:43 AM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
I googled “Blue spot autowerks” and I couldn’t find your shop. Why not post a link here?
I forgot our signature does not show in Mobile version, links are visable on desktop. Bluespotauto.com
Old 01-13-2024, 02:50 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Here are some photos of the pipe area for your review. This is JCR full titanium system. for the rear pipe, it’s a valved non-silenced version for the 718 Spyder

Old 01-13-2024, 03:22 PM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Quick question: Are you planning on wind-tunnel testing this and sharing the data once released? For any aero parts, I think this may be very important to many. For a road focused open tops like mine, I'm sure it would be fine, but for those with GT4 or GT4 RS, I'm assuming this would be a very important thing to know.
For the diffuser, the main goal is to return the lost downforce from the lack of muffler floor continuity. We will try to estimate the loss and regain values later in the development cycle. No current access to a wind tunnel. Engineering estimates to come soon.

Here are some photos of the pipe area for your review. This is JCR full titanium system. for the rear pipe, it’s a valved non-silenced version for the 718 Spyder
Appreciate the photos, the valve body is potentially problematic, we will do our best to design clearance, and then do a fitment study soon.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:45 PM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

A few photos from fit checking the first article wing mounts. The Stock wing is shown in lowest 1° AoA, and the 24mm Rise is shown in highest 7° AoA. Inventory planned for end of January for both standard and +24mm height, get your pre-orders in now and save with Free Shipping. Code RLFSBSA for free shipping on all pre-orders before Jan 26th! Also if there is any interest in a +38mm height version, reach out to us.

Last edited by BlueSpotAutowrks; 01-16-2024 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:18 PM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

1/25/2024 Update:

Wing Mounts

Both the Standard height and Tall height Wing Mounts start shipping next week. Code RLFSBSA for free shipping on all remaining pre-orders before midnight Jan 26th!

Diffusers

As for the Exhaust Diffusers, the final prototypes are in and fit tested with only a few minor tweaks.

Changes we've made include:
  • A beefier Delrin outer vane for best durability and heat resistance. Vane optimized further.
  • A short inner flange to increase diffuser panel stiffness and to cover the gaps to the center diffuser.
  • Moved away from a sandwiched design to one that mounts outside the transmission cover at factory mounting points.
  • Clearance for low hanging exhaust optimized, JCR Valved we're looking at you!
  • All fasteners will be T25, like the factory fasteners.
  • All mounting points are factory, no drilling or cutting required.
  • Super easy installation and removal.
  • 5% off sale price for all pre-orders live on our website bluespotauto.com

Last edited by BlueSpotAutowrks; 01-25-2024 at 08:19 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BlueSpotAutowrks:
Josh_357 (01-27-2024), TRSCobra (01-27-2024), UncleDude (01-25-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 08:46 PM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Painted prototype diffusers, production run will be powder coated:

The following 3 users liked this post by BlueSpotAutowrks:
donR (01-27-2024), silverscooby27 (01-27-2024), UncleDude (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 10:31 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 530 Likes on 307 Posts

Those look really good and finish the rear off.

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Old 01-27-2024, 10:47 PM
BBermann
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we get a pic or two of the diffuser with the car on the ground? Thanks
IRM (01-28-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 11:39 PM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BBermann
Will try and get some tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:18 AM
incursion
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

I just experimented with the higher angle of attack and removal of the front deflectors, and the car was noticeably slower on my home track (Harris Hill), so now I'm reluctant to mess with aero at all. Has anyone else had this experience? I know some people prefer the lower angle of attack without the front deflectors, which I also tried but still preferred the front deflectors in with the lower angle of attack.

Last edited by incursion; 01-28-2024 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:05 PM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BBermann
Doing my best with the darkness under the car and stark contrast between white car and dark underside. Hope these help. In addition I took some thermal images after a drive and while letting the car idle. The diffuser really doesn't get that hot so far. More on track tests once the season starts.

Originally Posted by incursion
I just experimented with the higher angle of attack and removal of the front deflectors, and the car was noticeably slower on my home track (Harris Hill), so now I'm reluctant to mess with aero at all. Has anyone else had this experience? I know some people prefer the lower angle of attack without the front deflectors, which I also tried but still preferred the front deflectors in with you lower angle of attack.
On a stock car I can see this. These mounts are targeted for people who have either added front mechanical grip or front aero grip to the car. Things like Underbody GT4RS aero, aggressive alignments, and/or aggressive rake to the car. These are just another tuning tool and not a magical +2 seconds!
UncleDude (01-28-2024)

Quick Reply: GT4/Sypder/GT4RS/SRS Aero Developement Thread - Blue Spot Autowerks