Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Allocation recieved! 2024 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 03:33 PM
Zakato70
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 25 Posts

Congratulations on the build. I started off with a very similar color combo (Gentian blue with same wheels), but just changed to Aventurine as well. I have a 992 in Oak green Metallic and was trying to avoid having two, green cars, but the BGTS with the Satin Aurum wheels is a killer combo. Best of luck with your order. I'm a couple of months ahead of you, and freeze point is coming up on 4/14, so, I'll be sweating my choices until then.

The following users liked this post:
Xxyion (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 03:41 PM
rjag2034
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 203 Posts

Nice build, consider the Zunnsport grills or similar, really makes a difference on the front end and add a valve controller to enhance those OAP's.

The following 2 users liked this post by rjag2034:
UncleDude (03-03-2024), Xxyion (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 03:52 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,096 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by rjag2034
Nice build, consider the Zunnsport grills or similar, really makes a difference on the front end and add a valve controller to enhance those OAP's.
Oooh yeah valve controller. Any recommendations? Part of me is hoping there is one where I can just use the factory button for full open or OEM closed but not sure if something like that exists. I don't want to bother with a key fob for my valves.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:09 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 303 Posts

If you plan to drive year round, any soft top should have heated & ventilated seats along with heated steering wheel. It really extends the open top season. Think you would be happier with the 14 or 18 way.
Enjoy!
The following 3 users liked this post by rwbern:
ChattStringer (04-05-2024), Larson E. Rapp (03-03-2024), Mike981S (03-04-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 05:04 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,184 Likes on 2,118 Posts

nice spec, all grown up from your “bad boy” GT4 spec 😂, congrats!
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
GTSPYDER23 (03-03-2024), Xxyion (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 05:52 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
yeah PCCBs I think were taken off years ago and PTS stopped I think in 2022. Got a link to your build? Carmine red was a close second choice for me..
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR9GVUY9

i went very simple,which is what I usually do. Carmine is a color I regretted not getting on my other cars.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:55 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 398 Posts

Oooh yeah valve controller. Any recommendations? Part of me is hoping there is one where I can just use the factory button for full open or OEM closed but not sure if something like that exists. I don't want to bother with a key fob for my valves.
You can program the valve controller to work with one of the homelink buttons.

Congrats on your allocation!
I agree with another that the PORCHE lettering on the back should be in black, unless you go with a silver finish wheel set… and I know you’re not going that route.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:39 PM
bolodah
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Great color combo. I would definitely add the heated and ventilated seats. All the lettering on the back in black would probably match the side GTS 4.0 in black. The silver on the back stands out from the rest of the car.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:45 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

Consider ventilated seats--love them in my 2022 BGTS (I have heated too, but you cannot get that unless you opt for leather interior). Makes a big difference top down driving in the 90's or higher temperatures. No back sweats.

Also when you have the car, consider swapping out the standard PDK shift **** and gate for the GT4 RS shift **** and boot--purely astetics but then again my Nissan Rogue has a leather boot shifter with their CVT automatic. I just did that conversion along with retrofitting the smoker package (whoever spec'd mine didn't check the box for smoker package).

Last edited by Paul S.; 03-03-2024 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:01 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paul S.
Consider ventilated seats--love them in my 2022 BGTS (I have heated too, but you cannot get that unless you opt for leather interior). Makes a big difference top down driving in the 90's or higher temperatures. No back sweats.

Also when you have the car, consider swapping out the standard PDK shift **** and gate for the GT4 RS shift **** and boot--purely astetics but then again my Nissan Rogue has a leather boot shifter with their CVT automatic. I just did that conversion along with retrofitting the smoker package (whoever spec'd mine didn't check the box for smoker package).

I did consider the vented seats but to be honest i have them both in my M4 and my wife's Golf R and ive just never used them. It never really feels like it does anything plus i lose the Alcantara which i s more important for me.

I am thinking about the RS **** though, i'm afraid it would look too much so i'm a bit on the fence about it
Old 03-03-2024, 11:46 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BoxKing
You can program the valve controller to work with one of the homelink buttons.

Congrats on your allocation!
I agree with another that the PORCHE lettering on the back should be in black, unless you go with a silver finish wheel set… and I know you’re not going that route.
Ok so in a weird way...i kinda like the silver PORSCHE lettering. I made it black in the configurator and for me it seems to disappear altogether. I kept it silver on my GT4 and i thought it looked ok. I think for now i'll keep it silver and if it ends up bothering me i'm sure i can always vinyl wrap the lettering or plasti-dip it or something.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:58 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 345 Posts

My $.02

- Red roof, I saw one parked in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and it looked amazing, but that might be a bit too interesting
- 18 ways - I can't imagine my Spyder without being able to adjust the seat exactly to my comfort
- GTS\Chalk interior package - in my opinion is worth the money

When you get your car don't forget to code the roof so you will be able to open and close it from the remote. Feel free to come over and I would be happy to help with that.
WGJP 993 (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 05:59 AM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lucifer
My $.02

- Red roof, I saw one parked in my neighborhood a few weeks ago and it looked amazing, but that might be a bit too interesting
- 18 ways - I can't imagine my Spyder without being able to adjust the seat exactly to my comfort
- GTS\Chalk interior package - in my opinion is worth the money

When you get your car don't forget to code the roof so you will be able to open and close it from the remote. Feel free to come over and I would be happy to help with that.
Oooh cool I like you can code the roof. I opted for no GTS package because I lose the interior trim in exterior color which for me I much prefer over red stitching and carbon fiber.

I hated how the 18 ways sat and felt. At best I'd do the 14 ways but I need to see if I can replace the inserts with alcantara.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:33 AM
NS_MACAN_GTS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Really nice spec! I love my Boxster 4.0 and I'm sure you will as well! I am considering getting the OEM short shift kit from the GT4/Spyder - but I guess thats N.A. here since you opted for the PDK.
Xxyion (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Amochosto
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

For the 18s, i felt like i could feel the servos and stuff that adjusted the seat for some reason and i was very uncomfortable in just the few minutes i was sitting down. The 14s felt better but i'm quite happy with the 2 ways and they go low enough for me. But yeah the car did have the vented seats which might explain the pain as you stated.

What options other than seat position can you save? Didnt seem like there was much
Hi,

I have the 18 ways in my GTS 4.0, The memory setup saves climate cotrol settings too, no matter what temperature I had set when i turned off my car, it would always re-set to 22C when re-started. I set the memory key with my preferred temperature set, and now it always starts off at my temperature. I also really like that the car automatically moves my seat backwards when i open the car door, and re-sets to my driving position when I start her up, I'm 6'4" 250 Lbs, so maybe more important to me than smaller guys, but the 718 door is a bit farther back from my driving position than on a 911, so i find it hard to get my feet out of the door if I can't open it up all the way, the moving seat helps this.. As for comfort in the 18 way seats, I was pretty disappointed in the comfort of those seats when I first sat in it, but I adjusted it 18 ways, and i found the perfect set up. Not sure which seat will work best for you, but I'd guess with a bit of time you could make the 18 way as comfortable, or more than the 2 ways.

I rented a 718 Cayman T when I was deciding whether to order a GTS, and it came with the 2 ways, I found the seat bolsters were much higher and harder than those on the 18 ways, harder to get into, but comfortable once in, I also like to adjust the seat cushion up a bit in the front, to support my thighs, this option is not available in the 2 ways as far as I remember. There was a couple year lag between the rental and the delivery of my GTS so it wasn't back to back, but it seems the bottom of the seat is a bit different, this may be a factor for you, I wonder if anyone can confirm?

I looked at your config and I think you are getting all the important options. I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by Amochosto; 03-04-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Allocation recieved! 2024 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Any tips?