Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jherriott
spreelon... something tells me you'd like the sound of these vids:

Midnight Rambler - Raspy sound

^ Very Raspy sound

Outlaw Fever - CIS Pops and Burbles galore

^ CIS Pops and Burbles galore!!

Thanks! Ive watched those vids more times than i care to admit. Hehe
Any chance there is a way to get a 3.2 to sound as raspy and metallic sounding? I have cat bypass going one in and one out of a dansk sport. I know 3.2 is totally different engine and has its own unique sounds but curious of theres away to tune for a more raspy sound??

Thanks,
Leon
Old 08-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Jherriott
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spreeleon
Thanks! Ive watched those vids more times than i care to admit. Hehe
Any chance there is a way to get a 3.2 to sound as raspy and metallic sounding? I have cat bypass going one in and one out of a dansk sport. I know 3.2 is totally different engine and has its own unique sounds but curious of theres away to tune for a more raspy sound??

Thanks,
Leon
If I recall he runs straight headers and the dansk two in two out sport muffler on that car. Not 100% sure tho.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:29 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward
FWIW, and perhaps slightly OT, I don't care for loud exhaust systems for street use. I find them utterly obnoxious and totally narcissistic with a complete disregard for everyone out there who still has good hearing. Yes, I am serious.

That said, a good exhaust note, with just a modest increase in volume, can be a wonderful thing! As was already noted, the aircooled engine, itself, makes a mechanical noise that is music to the gearhead! And all a loud system does is drown out the natural song our engines make.

Reference point 1: my 993 is stock exhaust with drilled-out airbox for sound. It is my DD commuter so must be daily tolerable, but mash the go pedal and the intake roar is niiiice, along with the mechanical whirring, reminding you exactly what is hanging out there behind the axle

Reference point 2: my SC has SSIs and Dansk 2-into-1 (and sounds similar to DaveInc's vid, maybe quieter since mine is a 2into1) and sounds glorious! Mild-mannered on steady cruise but race toned without being obnoxious to bystanders is a win-win! And the engine sounds are still very present. Yeah, it's the stuff all we nuts gush over!

Edward
I must agree 100% also. Other than when I'm testing the exhaust with the "test pipe", all of my cars have bone stock exhaust. By that I mean 100% factory Porsche parts as shipped from Germany to the US.

Quick Reply: Air cooled vs water cooled exhaust and engine sounds