Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sway-A-Way Adjustable Spring Plate & Bushing Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 10:26 AM
jspearin
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sway-A-Way Adjustable Spring Plate & Bushing Noise

I recently installed the Sway-A-Way adjustable spring plates with the supplied red polyurethane bushings and I now have terrible squeaking noises coming from the rear suspension. Anyone know a way to resolve this short of pulling them out and replacing the bushings with something else like polygraphite or OEM rubber? I've read that some install zerk grease fittings on the outer cover but I'd love to know if this really helps before I make that modification. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:39 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,043 Likes on 742 Posts

i was always worried about this . along with the thought that anything you have to grease, you have to re-grease infinitum at some interval.

Nothing to add but hope you find a solution.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:52 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

Do a search on the Pelican 911 forums , a lot more traffic and the subject has been discussed already regarding poly bushings …
I stayed away from polyurethane for my 911 , i installed Elephant hard rubber bushings all around without issues.
On my SP2 car, i did install poly swaybar bushings but i wouldn’t hear it anyways if it squeaked …

Cheers
Phil
Old 04-18-2024, 01:09 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcat077
Do a search on the Pelican 911 forums , a lot more traffic and the subject has been discussed already regarding poly bushings …
I stayed away from polyurethane for my 911 , i installed Elephant hard rubber bushings all around without issues.
On my SP2 car, i did install poly swaybar bushings but i wouldn’t hear it anyways if it squeaked …

Cheers
Phil
Yeah this is what I did when I refreshed my chassis and put the elephant plates on, their sport rubber are good.

Quick Reply: Sway-A-Way Adjustable Spring Plate & Bushing Noise