Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

PCA Germany Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy PCA Germany Update

Well, we got our letters yesterday. PCA has revoked the charter for Germany Region.

There is some info about some kind of new club being formed by Larry Miller, who is the exclusive seller of US Spec Porsches outside of the US. There is a hint of factory connections of some sort. I guess I'll wait for details on that.

Meanwhile, got to pick a new region. Being a military guy, the chances of ever going to any region I pick are slim to none, but it'll help a region by giving them the region cut of the PCA dues.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:45 AM
GeorgeM
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 26 Posts

I've been waiting for this as well. I'll have to check my mailbox today.

This will be a good topic at the Ruf open house this weekend.

I hear Larry is bringing a 997.

You planning on coming, Avenger? It starts at 1000 on Saturday.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

George - Can you send details? I went to one of the events about 5 years ago, so I know generally where they are, but any info you have would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
mwildt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you post the letter to the forum ?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:44 AM
GeorgeM
Rennlist Member

Here it is from the PCA website:

July 15, 2004 To: Germany Region Members Via Mail
Ladies and Gentlemen:

As I indicated to you in my letter of May 25, the Board of Directors of PCA would be asked at our board meeting in Fort Worth on July 6 to take action with respect to the recommended recall of the charter of Germany region PCA due to the club’s inability to find adequate liability insurance for events conducted by Germany region. The issue was simply should the club operate in a location where any risks or claims would have to be born solely by PCA without insurance coverage.

After lengthy discussion of the issue, options available, and risks involved, the Board voted to recall the German Region charter (125 affirmative, 18 opposed) effective July 6, 2004. This action does not reflect upon the actions or conduct of events by Germany Region members but is rather a reflection of the realities of the risk management environment today. There is no record that Germany Region activities in the past have resulted in claims, but the four open claims PCA is presently involved in come from regions with no prior claims, so the risk is always present.

With the recall of Germany Region’s charter, Germany Region’s territory will cease to be part of PCA. However, this will not affect your membership status in PCA, only your regional affiliation. We will reassign you to a region of your choice, or if we do not hear from you by September 1, we will assign you to a Region. Should you choose to resign from PCA rather than be transferred to another Region, your current year dues and any prepaid dues for future years will be refunded to you. If you have a preference for regional affiliation, please send our Executive Secretary, Diana Tringali an email at dtringali@pcanational.org and so indicate.

We have identified six regions with good, current websites that you may wish to review and see if they will meet your needs. They are all happy to welcome you to their region if you choose. If we do not hear from you, we will assign you to one of these regions. The regions and their addresses are:
Alpine Mountain http://vista.pca.org/alp/
Cal Inland http://www.pca.org/cai/
Golden Gate http://www.pca-ggr.org/
Loma Prieta http://lpr.pca.org/
Northern Ohio http://www.norpca.org/
Southeast Michigan http://www.sempca.org/

Separately, Porsche AG has indicated a willingness to recognize a new Porsche Club in Germany if members wish to form such a club. Larry Miller, whom many of you know, has agreed to lead the effort to form such a club if there is interest. If you would like to continue the formation of an American Porsche Club under Porsche Club Deutschland, contact Larry at porschemilsales@aol.com or 0711 911 7312.

We wish you success in this endeavor and hope this will give you a venue for conducting events in Germany.

Sincerely,

J. Thomas Bobbitt, II
President of Porsche Club of America, Inc.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:07 AM
Rich W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, that really stinks.

BTW, GeorgeM, are you Wham? If so, e-mail me at azwildcat89@comcast.net.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:56 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nothing is for free. This is the price some p ay for the litiginous atmosphere we have chosen to let flourish.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wham - Are you still at Patch? I will be travelling to Oberammergau next week and plan to do a little traveling.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

That's a real shame, politics seems to rule. We would love to have you in the Carolinas Region, and there are a lot of military bases in the region.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:26 AM
GeorgeM
Rennlist Member

Alan. Still here. Hope to see you next week.

Thanks for the invite, Bill. I know some of our members decided to cancel with PCA on principle. Most, like I did, went back to their home regions.

PCA did give our names and addresses to various regions they thought we might be interested in. I was getting the Peachstate newsletter for a while.

Quick Reply: PCA Germany Update