Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Would this fly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Would this fly?

I have gotten caught up in watching those programs on The Discovery Channel that chronicle the fabrication and modification of motorcycles and cars. In particular, I really enjoy "American Chopper" and "American Hot Rod" as they take you through the ins and outs of their builds. I got to thinking that a show like these devoted to Porsche restorations and modifications would be a great program (minus all the drama, just nuts and bolts like "Shade Tree Mechanic" on Spike TV).

But would the target audience be too narrow? Who knows? Maybe it could succeed on The Speed Channel or Spike TV. It just seems like an idea that could work if the right people were involved. Are any of you LA/SoCal/East Coast members inclined or in the know about this kind of stuff? Just wondering.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think it would gather enough attention. i think they would do an all mustang of f body modifacation show befor touching on any one german car first.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:52 PM
rscredon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I would watch, but then again I'm biased.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:50 PM
codyfr
Intermediate

I don't think they could ever do a show that was all one car company. One reason is that the audience might feel like they are being advertised too. The other being that it might get repetitive.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But a show focusing on race car builds from production cars of all makes, shapes and sizes might be interesting. Could certainly do a number of episodes on Porsche as long as you include others and focus different episodes around building to different clubs and different classes from stock to full blown GT.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:30 PM
RacingBeat
Instructor

something i've enjoyed is the "victory by design" series on speedvision. so far i've seen ferrari, maserati, lotus...wonderful segments of winding country roads from the cockpit and other views, awesome with surround sound. it mostly focuses on race cars but some road car discussion, they can be found online at this link.

www.victorybydesign.com

Quick Reply: Would this fly?