Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

I have a front water leak...Please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:41 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

He posts on Pelican giving help a lot. I don't find that uncharateristic at all.

I don't see him leaving the Seattle "climate & culture"...
Old 06-02-2006, 08:45 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

He posts on Pelican giving help a lot. I don't find that uncharateristic at all.

I don't see him leaving the Seattle "climate & culture"...

re flakes - The painter wants to be conservative - he doesn't want you angry at him. That's why he sasys grind to bare metal. He knows there is bad juju below. I don't know about the other thing but I did just srurvive a total bare metal paint job...
Old 06-04-2006, 03:34 PM
codyfr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome. I have driven by the garage quite a bit, as it is just down the street from my mom's practice. My g-dad is shipping up his 911 to me soon, so I am trying to gather some resources.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:50 PM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,

Grind to bare metal. Sounds scary doesn't it. Did you post any photos here or on Pelican? I see your posts there often. If there is "bad juju" under there, then I will do what I have to do. I don't want a concours car, but I don't see myself ever selling this car so anything I do to it I want to do it right.

Cody,

Cool you are getting a 911. What does your mom practice? I have a cardiology practice in the area. As for resources, I just bought this 81SC locally (incidentally, very close to John Walker's workshop) in february. The PPI was done at Gerber's Motorsport. They are very precise and meticulous in their documentation of what needs to be done and home much it will cost. John is a guru on Pelican. Phil's bodyshop is a few miles from JWW on 15th Ave, and they look really professional and were recommended to me by Gerber (Mark). He said they take all their porsche work there.

Later,
Old 06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

I'd rather have my car's paint ground to bare metal than get my chest cracked... it's cheaper too!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,
Maybe you have heard the old joke:

A mechanic says to the cardiologist, "So you basically overhauled that guys heart. I can do that too. Why do you get paid so much?" The cardiologist responds, "Try it with the engine still running."
Old 06-05-2006, 02:41 PM
codyfr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeattlePorsche
Cody,

Cool you are getting a 911. What does your mom practice? I have a cardiology practice in the area. As for resources, I just bought this 81SC locally (incidentally, very close to John Walker's workshop) in february. The PPI was done at Gerber's Motorsport. They are very precise and meticulous in their documentation of what needs to be done and home much it will cost. John is a guru on Pelican. Phil's bodyshop is a few miles from JWW on 15th Ave, and they look really professional and were recommended to me by Gerber (Mark). He said they take all their porsche work there.

Later,

Thanks for the names, I'm sure they will come in handy. My mom has a private practice doing psychotherapy right near Red Mill Burger.

Quick Reply: I have a front water leak...Please help