Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:05 AM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corrales911
"...Anti-Lock Brakes; Power Door Locks; Power Steering; Tilt Wheel;..."

hmmmm
yeah, i didn't realize that the earlier cars had tilt wheels...my MY96 993 doesn't even have a tilt wheel (and i'd like one)...was that a standard option?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:39 PM
kaiser
Track Day

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
"On the Rennlist Forums - similar [for sale] postings will only be permitted if the author is a paid Rennlist Member in good standing. Others will be deleted without notice."

You can join here.

Marc
I don't have paypal or a credit card and the "online form to let us know how to invoice you" is temporarily disabled.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
kaiser
Track Day

Originally Posted by mborkow
yeah, i didn't realize that the earlier cars had tilt wheels...my MY96 993 doesn't even have a tilt wheel (and i'd like one)...was that a standard option?

I"ll be honest with you, i know about performance parts and stuff but know very little about accessories and features in the car. I honestly don't know what a tilt wheel is or if the car actually has it. I assume my dad knew waht he was talking about when he told my cousin what features the car had but if someone can explain to me what a tilt wheel and if there's any way for me to check i will gladly go uncover the car for a minute to look.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:46 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaiser
Yeah i wish he would give it to me but insurance for a collector car on a 17 year old is brutal plus we need to sell it and get a snow car, we've never tried it but i highly doubt a rear drive and engine car would work too well in any snow...

man im 20, i got my 911 when i was 17. full coverage was under 200 a month for me and still is.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 PM
kaiser
Track Day

Originally Posted by My87Targa
man im 20, i got my 911 when i was 17. full coverage was under 200 a month for me and still is.

what year and miles were on the car and where do you live? also i'm assuming you're a guy?

i think my dad would also maybe be a bit freaked out about me parking that thing anywhere.... whenever he parks his bmw next to any car that isn't brand new he takes a picture of it with his phone just in case he comes out and finds a dent...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
My87Targa
Racer

I"ll be honest with you, i know about performance parts and stuff but know very little about accessories and features in the car. I honestly don't know what a tilt wheel is or if the car actually has it. I assume my dad knew waht he was talking about when he told my cousin what features the car had but if someone can explain to me what a tilt wheel and if there's any way for me to check i will gladly go uncover the car for a minute to look.
how do you not know what a tilt wheel is????

can the wheel be adjusted up or down?? if so it has tilt but ive never heard of one having tilt
Old 08-17-2006, 06:02 PM
My87Targa
Racer

what year and miles were on the car and where do you live? also i'm assuming you're a guy?

i think my dad would also maybe be a bit freaked out about me parking that thing anywhere.... whenever he parks his bmw next to any car that isn't brand new he takes a picture of it with his phone just in case he comes out and finds a dent...
yea im a guy and i live in maryland the car had 177k on it and its an 87 911 carerra targa, now it has 221k on it and still runs great. its actually going up for sale soon too, when ever i feel its ready.

id like to get a turbo with in the next year i just want a bit more power and i cant seem to pull it out of my car. well see. im not pressed to get the car sold but i would like it to go as i just moved out on my own and could use a car more sutable for my comunting needs right now.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:07 PM
kaiser
Track Day

Originally Posted by My87Targa
yea im a guy and i live in maryland the car had 177k on it and its an 87 911 carerra targa, now it has 221k on it and still runs great. its actually going up for sale soon too, when ever i feel its ready.

id like to get a turbo with in the next year i just want a bit more power and i cant seem to pull it out of my car. well see. im not pressed to get the car sold but i would like it to go as i just moved out on my own and could use a car more sutable for my comunting needs right now.

damn i wish i could find a deal like that, then i would actually have a chance at him giving it to me... what company was/is you r insurance through and do you think theres any way i could get that kind of deal? i'm honor roll with a clean driving record(that probably wouldn't last if i was driving a porsche)

the only other real problem is that the main reason we are selling the porsche is to get money to buy something like an altima for a snow car.

but if i could get a deal like that and get my dad to let me have the porsche, i wouldn't mind riding my fourwheeler to school on snowy days....

oh yeah, i'll go check ont he tilt wheel thing
Old 08-17-2006, 06:15 PM
My87Targa
Racer

geico, also i was a classic **** up in high school and i dont go to college. so your grades might help too.
dont worry i got 14 pending pts and my licens will only hold 12 LOL oh well live and learn. i hadnt got a single ticket till i put a straight pipe exhaust on the car. and all my tickets have been with in the last year.

what im doing is buying a 700 dollar civic this weekend to drive every day so my car can sit and be driven on nice days only, or get sold and ill buy something else.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:58 PM
racer
Drifting

, we've never tried it but i highly doubt a rear drive and engine car would work too well in any snow..
Actually, with snow tires they do remarkably well. With all the weight over the drive wheels traction isn't a real problem.. Steering? well, maybe a bit light, but that's what oversteer is for
Old 08-18-2006, 09:30 AM
My87Targa
Racer

i agree ive driven my car in 4 to 5 inches of snow. it wasnt easy but i did it. most snow like 2 inches was a breeze. i did it with all season tires
Old 08-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

$28,900??? Are you high?
Old 08-18-2006, 07:28 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Not only is the price unrealistic, and the description impossible in several respects, this appears to be a COMMERCIAL seller not a personal sale.

So, what's up with this?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by randywebb
...this appears to be a COMMERCIAL seller not a personal sale.
This has already been explained (more or less) and he has been given the benefit of the doubt.

...and i g uess i should have mentioned this. my dad DOES NOT own ertle brothers used auto nor is it being sold through that dealership. My uncle (Ron Ertle) owns that dealership and they have a deal w here they pay a fee every month and get unlimited auto trader listings so we had them put it up there for free...
Marc
Old 08-19-2006, 05:51 AM
kaiser
Track Day

Well i was just in it today and took off the seat covers and took pictures of the leather and it's excellent condition. so if anyone is interested, let me know and i will email them, i have no idea how to post them here.....

but i realized i forgot to check the tilt wheel thing before i covered it back up but we have someone coming to look at and potentially buy the car tomorrow so while we have it out i'll be sure and check it out.

Quick Reply: I"m new