Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 SC race car project almost finished! PICS

Old 09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 911 SC race car project almost finished! PICS

Well after about 2 1/2 years, I think it's almost done. I purchased this car in 2003, drove it for a while as my daily, then started attending DE's. I guess it was all down hill from there A few years ago I decided to go all out and this is what I have created...

The car was stripped to a tub, and built from the ground up. Here’s a list of some of the details, I'm sure I leave a few things out as I am doing this from memory.

Chassis:

1981 911SC
Stripped Interior
RS style door panels
Lexan Windshield, Rear Window, Quarter windows, and side windows (Sliding Like the old "R" cars)
3.8 RS wing and factory decklid
GT racing Bumpers
GT Racing Sunroof Plug, trays all removed
Bolt in cage (looking to upgrade in the future)
Smart Racing Bilstiens F/R
Smart Racing Sway bars F/R
Hollow T bars 32mm rear / 23.5mm front
ERP Poly bronze suspension bushings
ERP Monoballs
16" X 8" / 16" X 9" BBS Rs's
No tires yet ...

Brakes:

Stock Calipers
Drilled Rotors
Hawk Blue pads

Mechanical stuff:

Front mount oil cooler
-16AN Plumbing through the heater passages in the rockers
Factory LSD
Engine is stock internally, B&B headers / muffler, and a few CIS tweaks. Car runs so well, no reason to go there...yet

I did everything in my garage, with the help of a few other 'listers, right down to the paint. It has been a really fun project, but I can't wait to hit the pavement!

Still need the fuel cell, cut off switch and a few other tweaks, but it sure is getting close! Comments and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, I have been staring at this car for over 2 years in various states of completion, so outside opinions are very welcome.
Attached Images              
Old 09-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Conekiller
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow looks great, it's hard to believe that is the same car! Do you have any interior pics?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:52 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS!

I LOVE THE COLOR!

What series will you participate in?

You car looks like mine or my car looks like yours.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:52 AM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Conekiller
Wow looks great, it's hard to believe that is the same car! Do you have any interior pics?
Thanks! I don't have any interior pics yet. I'll try to snap some this weekend if i get a chance

Originally Posted by earlyapex
CONGRATULATIONS!

I LOVE THE COLOR!

What series will you participate in?

You car looks like mine or my car looks like yours.
Glad to see I'm not the only guy with a yellow car! It's very love it or hate it, but I'm a big fan. Don't see many older cars with yellow paint. I'm planning on doing some DE's and getting my instuctor certificate with PCA. I plan to do some SVRA vintage stuff as well.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:45 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,011 Likes on 718 Posts

Wow great car and project, how high did you need to get the back end of that car to get the motor out ?????
Old 09-23-2006, 10:50 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

If you're not driving it to the events, I would replace the headlights with GT Racing covers.

Check rules as you may be asked to put aluminum retaining strips on the rear window.

Is the bar padding SFI rated? Need to check.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:18 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
Wow great car and project, how high did you need to get the back end of that car to get the motor out ?????

I was able to get the motor out easily using two truck jackstands, I'd say about 36" or so to the bottom of the rear crossmember. Getting it out wasn't such a big deal. Getting it up to the stand was another ordeal alltogether.

Originally Posted by earlyapex
If you're not driving it to the events, I would replace the headlights with GT Racing covers.

Check rules as you may be asked to put aluminum retaining strips on the rear window.

Is the bar padding SFI rated? Need to check.

The GT Racing covers are a must, I have been driving the car on the street some to shake things down a little bit, and make sure everything works as it should. I do need to put the aluminum retaining straps on the rear window, as well as clips on the front. I'll need to add that to my list... The roll bar padding is the offset SFI rated foam from Jegs.

What series do you run your car in?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 911 SC race car project almost finished! PICS