Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My 911 was vandalized...need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 03:13 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy,

Shocked to see your name to this post! Sorry that happened to you bud. Take it to Phil's body shop in Seattle. They only use Glasurit paint there, and that is the good German stuff. Talk to Lonny only. He is the only guy I would talk to there. He can also probably drop your car off at John Walker's for your inspection you keep wanting to get. It is only about a mile away.

That is just rediculous. It makes me mad.

Let's go eat something quick and delicious.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:43 AM
rbuswell
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would Griot's Garage paint clay work?

How 'bout that stuff with one of the random buffer's they sell with a pad designed for the clay?

I agree with posts about doing anything you can to preserve the original paint. Porsche bends over backwards to put it on right. Saving it is worth the effort, regardless of insurance.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:55 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question... Should he contact his insurance before trying any of this rememdies to remove the paint? I mean some of them could do further damage to the paint if done incorrectly then the insurance could say... "sorry".

I honestly don't know... just a thought.

edit: I didn't post it initially, but I agree.. .this BLOWS!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:44 PM
jdogporsche
Racer

Hey all...thanks for the kind posts. I spoke with a detail shop here and they said they can get it out no problem. I have an appointment with them tomorrow morning. They said as long as it is not on really oxidized paint, they could get it out with ease. My paint is still good, so should not be a problem. Of course this all makes me sick and as James said, mad, but this kind of thing happens I suppose. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words and I will let everyone know if the buffing works. Time to go eat something quick and delicious.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the hijack but to SeattlePorsche -James - I saw a Ocean Blue 1997 C4S yesterday at the Kenmore Safeway about 4:20 PM and commented to the owner how nice his car was - was that you ? If so; small world and if not the Blue 993 C4S in your Avatar look nice.

Jeremy: Hope everything goes well with your paint removal.

Scott
Old 01-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Good luck on having this corrected. Just to make you feel better, the little vandals will never amount to anything in their life and will wind up institutionalized for something worse. If you ever do find out their identities, I have a couple of friends of some friends (Guido and Joe the Butcher) who can make you feel a lot better about things.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
JV911
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that. the little fokkers have no respect.

one of my other cars had a window smashed and was keyed right outside my house a couple of years ago. i stayed up every night for a month with a baseball bat waiting for them to return. unfortunately (fortunately) they never came back
Old 01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
codyfr
Intermediate

Where did it happen? As a Seattle-ite, I'd like to know...
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
jdogporsche
Racer

Hey Cody. Happened January 3rd. I was actually just going to write to everyone that I took some advice from this thread and brought it to a detail shop. I found an amazing shop that does my friend's Mercedes and they were able to get the paint off and the car looks nicer than ever. I swear it looks new. I never knew the paint could look so deep again. Cody, you might want to take it to them as well. Jim's Detail Shop in Federal Way. Now I have to get home and move the stuff I have in my garage into my house so I can get the car in the garage before our next storm hits which is supposed to be tomorrow or the next day. Yikes! Thanks again for the sympathy!

Quick Reply: My 911 was vandalized...need some advice