Unbelievable....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:55 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GothingNC
How much copper is used to make each penny (before zinc was used)?

John
More than a penny's worth. That is why they switched.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:12 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anti-theft devices

More Anti-Theft Devices
Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Mysterytrain
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont want to hear it....the largest % of theft in Cali is from illegal's....so spare me the racist comments please.
Well Mikey..it was a racist remark. I don't think being a project manager in Florida qualifies you as an authority on law enforcement in California. So let me just kick it up a notch and show you how absurd generalizations are..Seeing as most mexicans are Catholic one might infer that Christians are that distrustful thieves! Whoo, that's shocking and you know who the ring leader is!
This was a posting on a theft not a soapbox for your slanted narrow minded view.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 PM
BlackPearl
Racer

So, getting back to the story: the mechanic that replaced the cat. conv. said even the welded ones are taken. Cr@p! I guess I'll just have to install an alarm on that cheesy Toyota :-( That way, the dog will have a new "Chew-Bone" if we catch the guy. (I've trained our German Shepard to attack anything I refere to as "the toy" ... even "things" with a pulse ) "Gosh, Officer, I tried really hard to restrain my dog ... he just broke free somehow."
Old 06-10-2008, 11:56 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain
Well Mikey..it was a racist remark. I don't think being a project manager in Florida qualifies you as an authority on law enforcement in California. So let me just kick it up a notch and show you how absurd generalizations are..Seeing as most mexicans are Catholic one might infer that Christians are that distrustful thieves! Whoo, that's shocking and you know who the ring leader is!
This was a posting on a theft not a soapbox for your slanted narrow minded view.

Well Misty..."edited by myself to spare others my personal flame".

But from your reply I did figure out you like illegal mexicans that are not only thieves but like little catholic boys. Weird.

Last edited by flatsixnut; 06-11-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Brads911sc
Racer

LOL...
Old 06-11-2008, 01:32 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

All generalizations are necessarily false.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:58 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackPearl
So, getting back to the story: the mechanic that replaced the cat. conv. said even the welded ones are taken. Cr@p! I guess I'll just have to install an alarm on that cheesy Toyota :-( That way, the dog will have a new "Chew-Bone" if we catch the guy. (I've trained our German Shepard to attack anything I refere to as "the toy" ... even "things" with a pulse ) "Gosh, Officer, I tried really hard to restrain my dog ... he just broke free somehow."
Oh no don't do that, you will probably get sued and be force to put down your dog. If you here in Peoples Republic of Mexifornia (Well, it was Mexcio before we stole it right?) the retarded thief be it Mexican, Black, White, Yellow or Green would sue you and take your 4 Runner, House and your beloved P-Car.

Just force the Fucher in the house and shoot him in the head, easier to claim self defense. BUt then again his retarded family would sue you for wrongfull death.

Brain Fart, how about a video tape on motion sensor to catch the idiot. I bet he is local thief. Remember they aren't too smart and would it be nice to see what race he is just for curiousity sake
Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,060 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by KC911
I would have PAID a thief to remove the cat off of my 911...what a PITA that was !

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
BlackPearl
Racer

Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG
Oh no don't do that, you will probably get sued and be force to put down your dog. If you here in Peoples Republic of Mexifornia (Well, it was Mexcio before we stole it right?) the retarded thief be it Mexican, Black, White, Yellow or Green would sue you and take your 4 Runner, House and your beloved P-Car.

Just force the Fucher in the house and shoot him in the head, easier to claim self defense. BUt then again his retarded family would sue you for wrongfull death.

Brain Fart, how about a video tape on motion sensor to catch the idiot. I bet he is local thief. Remember they aren't too smart and would it be nice to see what race he is just for curiousity sake
Draco: you're probably right about the suit. But ... can a citizen of the U.S. be sued by a non-citizen? Do undocumented law-breaking-fence-hoppers have civil court priviledges in the US? Well, if I did get sued, I'd call the INS or Minutemen first. And I'd be willing to take my chances in court with a jury of MY peers (WASP, member of the Sons of the Revolutionary War ... yes, my family has a history here, and proud of it). As "The Boss" would say: "Born in the USA, I was BORN in the USA."

(To be fair: more thieves in my area have been "dead-beat white-trash" than any other ethnicity. Blasted meth.-using buggars!)
Old 06-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,601 Likes on 1,003 Posts

The best anti-theft device for these CATs is the one that turns on the engine if the sensor picks up movement down there. Not only will the CAT be too hot to handle, but the noise should wake you up and scare the thief off.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Mysterytrain
Intermediate

Michael...you actually missed the point. I would have responded the same way if you said the thieves were crackers, gays, jews, walmart shoppers, ..whatever. Its just basically wrong to single out a whole group of people because of the actions of one individual. Unfortunately, you continued with the embedded racisim by labeling me as an 'illegal mexican lover' and someone who likes 'catholic school boys'. Once again you used generalizations to suggest that my views were inferior to yours based upon who you think I am, which I gather is a 'liberal priest'. [comical ]
Sadly, you and I both know that your personal attack was meant to suggest more then that. Rather then waste bandwidth here and hijack this thread please feel free to send me a PM.
On topic, as the price of gold, silver and copper rises we will see more of this. I was in the scrap metal business in the 70's when copper pushed past the $1.00 per pound mark. Lots of copper gutters and drain pipes wound up at the scrap yard. So did fresh, number 1 copper bricks. These guys were stealing round and square stock right from the factory. Oddly, each piece was about the length of a lunch box! Most of the yards that bought the stuff didn't ask questions because its a cash business..the seller never got a dollar a pound for the stuff..maybe 40 or 50 cents but they where glad to move it.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Mysterytrain
Intermediate

BP, check this out:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/29/us/29converters.html
Old 06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain
Unfortunately, you continued with the embedded racisim by labeling me as an 'illegal mexican lover' and someone who likes 'catholic school boys'.
You miss-quoted me. I said... ( you like illegal mexicans that are not only thieves but like little catholic boys. ). So lets just be clear...I did not say you liked little boys, I said the illegal mexicans did.

There was fact to my first reply. Since the OP was from Southern California, and it is a fact that crime levels there have increased with the influx of illegal aliens. Unfortuneitly it is not just SoCal that has theis problem. All over the USA there are crimes commited by illegal ailens...as another fact i stated that alot of construction crimes here in Florida are commited by illegal aliens.

No not all crimes are illegal aliens, but that was not my point. Yes I have an agenda...and the more people come to grip with the failing of this great country the better.

By the way...I own a business, and I hire "legal" Mexicans ( great work ethics ). But I call them Americans.

Sorry if I offended you...seriously...but I have strong feelings towards certain issues and I find it very hard to keep my mouth shut. I also apologize to the rest of the members here.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:11 PM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GothingNC
How much copper is used to make each penny (before zinc was used)?

John
I saw it on the history channel . It goes somthing like this not sure of the exact #s. Before 1982 86% of the penny was copper and after 1982 86% of the penny is zink.

Quick Reply: Unbelievable....