For Sale: Settling down and getting a reliable car X_X

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: Settling down and getting a reliable car X_X

Hi all,

I know I've spent a lot of time away from the boards, I've been a busy little bee. Found the girl of my dreams, settling down. She promised me a Lancer Evolution if I sell the porsche, and well as much as I love my 3.2 I DO need something new, reliable, and fast =D I'm just about done with the new top and getting her in tip top shape. There will be no lies, no hidden gremlins, nothing but Rennlist honesty. Most of you know me, know that I've done a lot of maintenance, restoration, and put a lot of love into my 3.2......well its up for grabs. Consider I just put 3 grand into new canvas top, resealing the body for the top, new carpet, etc... blah blah blah I was going to list it at 19K.... We all know that in this market that's unreasonable. I am willing to let it go to a rennlist member for under about 17K as long as its a no hassle deal. I'm sure most would agree that my car is a very healthy and beautiful car, and well worth it at 17K.

Am I right? Please rennlisters I hope one of you out there is looking to get into an 87 3.2 cab because I really dont want to craigslist it. Opinions on what my car is really worth are well appreciated and welcome. I love you guys and will definitely miss you. Just too busy these days with school and making mortgage to worry about my Porsche anymore.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Brads911sc
Racer

May want to post an official ad in the classified with all the details. Good luck with the sale!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
931GT
Instructor

You've met the girl of your dreams whose making you get rid of your 911???

I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:32 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I second that...girls come and go, but great cars are forever.

Okay, maybe its a little hot air on my part since my mrs and I will be celebrating 30 years.\
abe

Originally Posted by 931GT

Old 02-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 931GT

Did I mention she's buying me a 35000.00 dollar Lancer Evolution which would tear up my 911 on the racetrack? lol She actually doesnt care whether I sell it or not, I just need a reliable car and feel bad if I don't atleast chip in HALF for the Evo.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So long story short, you are willing to sell your soul to be a trophy husband.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:35 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,044 Likes on 743 Posts

Drive your lancer 5 years and see what it is worth .. you'll be crying over your 911 then !!!
Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by douglas bray
So long story short, you are willing to sell your soul to be a trophy husband.
So? lol I love her.....if I had to choose between her and Porsche, this is the first woman where I would say "her".
Old 02-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by theiceman
Drive your lancer 5 years and see what it is worth .. you'll be crying over your 911 then !!!
True but in the next 5 years my lancer wont be coughing up blood every 6 months asking me to put 3 more grand into it every time, leaving me think "ugh why do I even own this thing anymore." I used to love the kick of my 911, but ever since I got a motorcycle, it has left that feeling dull. It's not fair when you can go 0-60 in 3 seconds. It makes all other things feel slow haha.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:42 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,044 Likes on 743 Posts

What is this the Young and the Restless ? let's get back to talking cars. Sorry I gues I am getting cranky with all the crap on the board these days ...

Anyway sounds like a solid Car Oshin.. and 17 K is a VERY decent deal for a Carrera cab with a brand new top as long as it is well sorted. Didn't you try to sell this once before and have a PPi done ? That eans there are no hidden issues ....

Good luck with the sale ..
Old 02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
old man neri
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by theiceman
What is this the Young and the Restless ? let's get back to talking cars. Sorry I gues I am getting cranky with all the crap on the board these days ...

Anyway sounds like a solid Car Oshin.. and 17 K is a VERY decent deal for a Carrera cab with a brand new top as long as it is well sorted. Didn't you try to sell this once before and have a PPi done ? That eans there are no hidden issues ....

Good luck with the sale ..
Yup no hidden issues came back clean, maybe needs brake pads at this point but yea I've got LOTS of records for what I have done. I wish there was a spring time fun run in Cali, I wanna see more P-cars, winter has been depressing.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:41 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Price sounds right. M/C safety group and US gov running a trial study in So Cal to study spike in M/C deaths. This will go national when format is done. Dont get me wrong, I road the street in LA for years, road raced and dirt raced. however

When young son started college, we sold the racers because he said he could not get injured anymore with the job and engr school sched. Thats why we have the P car to fill the garage space and take to the track.

If I were in charge of telling you how to run your life, I would advise you to look at the bike stats. I know at your age you can not be killed, but you can get hurt in a major way. Sell the bike and keep the 911 and save yourself the $$$ and time of getting injured. Taking care of a non-mobile husband is not the way to start a marrage. Tell your sweetie that the P car is a safety issue and see if your safety is important enough for her to but the whatever it is you want.
sell the bike, keep the car
Old 02-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Yea you know I told her the same thing, that it would be selfish of me to keep the bike because now there is someone else in my life that will suffer the loss of me getting hit. She said she has every intention of getting a bike in a few months >.< She only rides ones in a while for fun, I commute. Although the commute in santa barbara isnt really a commute, and there are few cars on the road. I know what you mean, I ride safe, but who knows what the dumb UCSB blonde girl on her cell phone yelling at her boyfriend will do behind the wheel. Thats why we are getting the evo, so I stop commuting with my bike. I love seeing guys with shorts riding bikes, it makes me giggle. I have a 400 dollar Arai helmet, jeans, chest plate spine armor, heavy leather riding jacket, armored gloves, and armored calf-high boots every time i get on my bike, safety first!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

I think I convinced the little lady to pay for most of the evo and let me make payments on it and keep the P-car too!!! Wow, KEEPER. Anyone know where to get a good engagement ring? =O

Quick Reply: For Sale: Settling down and getting a reliable car X_X