Third brake light

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 04:08 PM
graybeard
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Third brake light

Hey,
I'm new at this but thought I'd jump in I have a 79 911sc that I bought in September, sence then I have almost been rear ended twice. Is there a retro fit third brake light out there somewhere? I have looked for one in Pelican Parts but can not find one.
Reluctant to get in trafic!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:17 PM
tyro
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure your brake lamps turn on with light pedal pressure. I added an additional mechanical switch as the pressure activated switches on the master cylinder were awful. I like brake lights on with a light touch, as in normal driving: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...h-project.html

Here's the company where I purchased my CHMSL: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html

Some details about the lamp:

Now! First-quality Hella® LED Center 3rd Brake Lamp Kits
For retrofit or replacement:

These new CHMSL retrokits, made by Hella New Zealand, are of much higher quality than the common 3rd-world junk that has flooded the market. These units self-adhere to the inside surface of your vehicle's backglass. Instant-on LED technology gives a full-intensity red signal 200 milliseconds faster than bulb-type units, giving the drivers behind you 20' more reaction time (at 60 mph) for optimal safety. Lens is colorless when not illuminated. Kit comes complete with installation kit and instructions. Regulatory Approvals: ECE S3 (European E-code), US DOT, ADR. Three different models are available; pick the one that most closely matches the angle of your vehicle's backglass, considering horizontal to be 0°. $63.40/kit

Quick Reply: Third brake light