Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

First Ride !

Old 04-14-2014, 10:29 PM
racngrn
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Default First Ride !

It's been a VERY long winter in Maine and much of the State is still dealing with the ravages of ice, snow and mud. Down my way, things are looking a lot better and the roads are dry and pretty clear of sand. Tonite, it was time to venture out. My 911 enjoyed a heated storage and was treated to a full tune up, valve adjust, new axle boots, a new cat bypass pipe and brake fluid flush. The car really feels better and pulls hard. Nice sound too. Worth the wait. I purchased the Bursch steel by-pass and had the pipe powder coated so it would last and look great. Fit was awesome and the product is great. Good value, even after coating. Hoping to get connected to others in the Southern Maine area who love these cars. Later.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Carrera3.2LG50
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's nothing like that first drive after a long winter!

I remember those days well - I lived in Maine for 15 years. (New Gloucester, Auburn, OOB, Brunswick, Lisbon Falls, and Durham.) When I lived there I had a 944 turbo and a BMW motorcycle and that first drive and ride in the spring was fantastic.

Now I live in NC and I'm spoiled with being able to drive my 911 Carrera year round... I miss Maine sometimes but certainly not the winters!

Enjoy that drive!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Enjoy the warm weather while you have it! I lived in Maine a couple of years, can't say I miss those winters but I do miss the coast and the lobster!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:21 AM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took mine out last week . That was all good fun except for the push start from a weak battery to get home. Then i got stuck in the mud between my driveway and the garage! up to the rims it was. Got it into the garage but its still covered in mud lol. when the sun comes out iv got to give the underside a real good going over anyway
Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 AM
racngrn
Racer

Good to hear from past Mainers. As you know, plenty of good stuff to offset the bad. Roads up here took a major beating this winter and the biggest challenge is not tearing apart suspension and front end. Been up on Maine and New Hampshire my whole life and have never seen it quite this bad. DOT guys will be busy for a long time!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:23 AM
racngrn
Racer

Oh Nooooooo! 2-3 inches of snow and ice, high winds, cold this am. Carrera goes back to bed for a while. Depressing..... Hopefully, the salt trucks were put away too.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:26 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,010 Likes on 718 Posts

yeah we got that yesterday .. pretty brutal .. Think I did the right thing letting my car sleep in this year ..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Ride !