Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New member, new to 911, many questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:05 AM
TDS911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Further, I'd go on to say that a seller with zero history is not going to work in this car's asking price on eBay. And that color combo is not particularly collectable compared to black/black, or red/black, or red/tan. Those combos command the money currently.

When the classic color combos align with a known seller and low miles, the cars move very fast at full asking price.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 PM
SoCalRayRay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mos60n
Again, thanks for the responses. Just wondering what people thought of this listing on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks

The asking price seems a bit high to me. I've seen a couple of cars go for about $45k, but those examples looked pretty cherry. I've also noticed that the nicer cars seem to go pretty quick, in a matter of a couple of days or so...are people buying these cars sight unseen without a PPI? How do they lock in the sale so quickly? Again, I appreciate the continued advice from the experience of this forum.

$35k seems about right for that car. If I could get $46k for mine I might consider selling it.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:40 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

I recently sold a 88 cab with 28k on the clock, it was perfect, like new....I thought 46,500 was all the money...it was sold again for I heard just under 50k...that car was like new. In the past 6 months it seems sellers are trying to set benchmarks daily. That ebay car could be very clean....I would suspect you would like to pay less. It is a rare color. You should be able to "eyeball" how the car was maintained as linen interior really shows wear. Black interior will show less deterioration over time. Good luck...I do agree that the 3.2 with G50 tranny would be the way to go (the G50's are being sought after and should effect pricing going forward}. Also, after having a cab and having to deal with the top deteriorating over time, I now prefer coupes. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:57 AM
mos60n
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it just me, or does it seem like prices are starting to accelerate upwards the last month or so? I'd hate to miss the boat on this, but I'd really prefer not to get caught in the moment and make an emotional buy and overpay. Here is another car i found on pelican parts (I apologize to the poster of the ad for using his car as a means of my own edification)...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/813155-1986-carrera-turbo-look-m491-fs.html

I know its an m491 option example and so it commands a higher premium, but generally how much more in the current market would everyone say is reasonable? Also when a car gets a new transmission/engine relatively early, is that an indication of how hard it was driven? Does a rebuilt transmission or engine have a considerable effect on resale vs one without with similar mileage? And how do mods effect the value of the car, being that it is no longer original? My personal bias would be a preference to retain as much of the originality of the car. Some tasteful mods would be fine, ie wheels or exhaust; but too many, I feel would take away from the reason why I love these cars in the first place (again, just my bias). Thanks, again, for the education.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Hunt3R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reasonable would be a few grand more but lately people selling m491's tend to ask $20k more from what I've seen. Doesn't mean they're actually selling at that price though. That car looks nice but IMO the price is way too high. At the moment I'm looking at putting my NB 86 carrera up for sale for $26k. According to Hagerty that's the current average sell price: http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtool...port?vc=853720
Old 05-27-2014, 01:26 PM
oMenRC51
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

My 3,2 just passed 250K miles on the clock (motor is at approx 115K) and I spent in the mid $20K

Quick Reply: New member, new to 911, many questions