Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Saving a 911SC part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:46 AM
Res Ipsa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saving a 911SC part 2

I appreciate all the help and it looks like the general consensus is that I (or someone) should jump on the deal. The only thing is I got a lot or response from people on the west coast/south west. Is there anyone from the North East, Upper mid west or Ontario who thinks this car would be a good year round commuter car for at least one year. Remember, I don’t have a garage and the car is a targa.
Another issue is that the car HAS BEEN HIT although the repair was high quality and the car DOES HAVE RUST, just not in the floors/rockers, but there is rust under touch up paint on all four wheel arches and around the bumper cover on the left quarter panel. If I don’t decide to go for the car myself I am going to help her by posting it on the Niagara PCA classifieds so anyone in the Niagara area keep your eyes pealed.
So with rust and a prior collision and no garage, what is a FAIR price to offer, I am not trying to swindle my friend’s sister just because I could.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:17 AM
jim912928
Racer

I live in northern indiana...my current 911 and 928 I park from dec to march...but prior to that I had a 66 911 that i drove year round for 5 years...just put some good snow type tires on it and have fun! And yes, did it in deep snow as I live in the lake michigan lake effect area!
Old 08-10-2003, 01:18 AM
jim912928
Racer

p.s. if it has good heat exchangers on it..it can blow some hot air!
Old 08-10-2003, 02:27 AM
Trust me
Instructor

Sounds like you are talking yourself out of the car. Of course this is just a "west coast" opinion. LOL. Do what you feel is right. The decision is yours.
Lets not make this a "west coast", "east coast thing" No rap wars here. Buy a 911 for less than 7. Go fast and you be in heaven..... Oh boy.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Res Ipsa
Intermediate

Default east coast/west coast

I did live in Seattle before I moved to Buffalo and when I moved here I had NO CONCEPT of rust. Thats the only reason I wanted opinions from people in salted states, unless you have lived here you can't undrstand. Sory about the whole east/west thing. Does anyone know about minor (non perferation rust repair) because now I want the car again. You are right of course, spend 7K, go fast and have fun!
Old 08-10-2003, 01:45 PM
jim912928
Racer

almost any body shop can repair minor/major rust. Body panels for just about anywhere are readily available and not very expensive. There are all kind of chemical treatments (like POR) that can be slapped on rust and it will chemically convert/harden it so it can be sanded and repaired.

Hey...a higher being created body shops so we can enjoy cars and then get them fixed if need be...buy and enjoy!
Old 08-10-2003, 04:10 PM
geo.aigel
Racer

Like others said, get the car, don't even think about it twice. The drivetrain is worth way more than what you are paying for the entire car. Think after having it what you want to do with it. Forget PPI etc., just offer slightly more than the dealer and get the car. 2500 dollars is peanuts in the 911 world.

Cheers, George
Old 08-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Trust me
Instructor

AND I THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!........psst. Buy it.

Hey, just having fun with you man.

Live the dream.....Buy a Porsche!
Now, beer me!

Quick Reply: Saving a 911SC part 2