911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Heat system is inop.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 07:56 AM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Heat system is inop.

I recently had my 930 engine removed for a rebuild. Car is running fine after it was reinstalled, but when I use the rotary heat switch under the parking brake the footwell fans no longer come on. I assume something wasn’t reconnected when the engine was R&R’d, but given that 930s do not have a rear blower fan I can’t figure out what could have happened. Fuse is good, assuming the fuse box diagram is correct in saying that the heat electrics share the same fuse as the mirror motors, which are functioning fine.

any thoughts?

Last edited by UberXY; 12-13-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:33 AM
ddixon2327
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has happened to me in the past. There a is a small lever under the **** that has a plastic sleeve that holds it in place. The sleeve gets hard with age and breaks thus the lever will not turn with the **** to control the valve for heat control. The center console has to be removed and the sleeve can be replaced.Not sure on part number although if you look up diagram it is listed or call one of the par sources and they can find it. Maybe someone else on here can advise. I have done this repair and not hard just must take your time. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Heat system is inop.