Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 Autronic tuning...Great experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 AM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Drew, good to hear your car is finished, I hope we can get together this spring to compare notes.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:24 PM
porsche2fst4you
Intermediate

AHHH...HELP. Great post here. Does anyone know someone with a Megatune installed? Just finished the EFI conversion in my car and megatune is giving us hell.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Speed Lab
2nd Gear

Default Autronic overrun shutdown commence

Jim Culp,

My first post on rennlist.
Saw your post about popping in the exhaust on overrun. I don't want people blaming the Autronic unit for that. Some popping in exhaust on overrun is one thing, backfire in exhaust is another and you don't want that, it can break your turbo. Do you have Overrun Shutdown Commence activated? See menu M5.

I assume you have a decent capacity BOV installed. This is important for overrun after WOT. Will keep you from shattering your turbo impeller I've actually seen pieces of impeller come out of tailpipes as a result of no BOV.

Also, how rich are you running at WOT? If you are just pouring fuel at WOT, you can expect to have fuel in the exhaust when you slam the throttle shut. Also, advance the timing a lot in the overrun sites of the timing map. There is actually a separate timing map for overrun shutdown. If you've set your throttle calibration, you should be able to activate the overrun shut down feature by throttle position and load. The TPS limit for overrun is often left at the default value, 1%. Is your throttle showing less than that on overrun? Sometimes the throttle actually gets pulled open slightly on overrun by the force of airflow demand at high rpm. You may need to raise the overrun TPS limit to 1.5% or even 2%. Or, your TPS may be slightly out of calibration such that it doesn't drop below 1% at all.

Use that overrun shutdown feature. It is very effective for your situation. I could take a look at your cal file if you wish.

Bob Payton
Old 02-08-2009, 07:57 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Thanks Bob. Welcome to Rennlist.

I have a Tial BOV installed. I will check all the things you mentioned.

Jim

Quick Reply: 930 Autronic tuning...Great experience