87 930 turbo slant nose question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:00 PM
pnoob2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 930 turbo slant nose question

Hello guys,

Im new to the 930 world just wondering if anyone personally knows of this slant nose I'm interested in buying. Or the dealer for that matter. Here is the link to the car

http://grandsport-michigan.ebizautos...e-3652750.html

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:17 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I know nothing about the dealer but this looks pretty cool......

http://grandsport-michigan.ebizautos...n-2371598.html
Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
senna21
Racer

"Looks" nice but I hate the black wheels. It's got an aftermarket intercooler (Andail maybe?) and aftermarket headers. Can't tell about the muffler but I'd suspect so. With that kind of upgrading I'd suspect the turbo to not be original either.

What are you looking for? Original or an upgraded car?

I agree with JD that RUF Cayman looks like it'd be the ticket.

Whatever you decide to do get a PPI done by a good independent shop. If they won't allow you to do so walk.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It appears to have been an original slant to begin with...then quite a bit of work was done altering it with aftermarket add-ons and replacement of the OEM parts. I dont get the steering wheel....it almost looks rusted or mildewed....With all the aftermarket stuff on this car, a very thorough PPI would be in order or you could end up chasing gremlins and spending a lot of money trying to get everything right.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome black beast! Chuck I believe the wheel cover is suede. That's the way suede photographs. The car is too clean to mildewed.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Rudy: That makes sense.....it wouldn't do to put up a picture of a crappy steering wheel when trying to sell a car like this. I think I would have retaken that particular picture so that it presented a bit better.

Someone put a lot of money into this car.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
pnoob2
Advanced

well thanks for the advice guys... the deal fell through apparently the dealer lied to me from the beginning telling me hes the RUF east coast importer. I called RUF usa and verified hes full of BS. Then he refuses to let a insured tech do a PPI at the techs independent shop with me covering the cost to move it via enclosed trailer 10 miles down the street. I guess some things are just not meant to be. =(
Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Any time a dealer or even a private party balks at letting you do an independent PPI....I'd walk away from tlhe deal.....I mean, what other option do you have to try to protect your interests in the deal?

In this case, the simple fact he lied about being a RUF importer is proof positive that the guy's integrity is shot.

You did the right thing by calling RUF and doing independent checking....good going....probably saved yourself some major grief down the road.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:48 PM
senna21
Racer

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Any time a dealer or even a private party balks at letting you do an independent PPI....I'd walk away from tlhe deal.....I mean, what other option do you have to try to protect your interests in the deal?

In this case, the simple fact he lied about being a RUF importer is proof positive that the guy's integrity is shot.

You did the right thing by calling RUF and doing independent checking....good going....probably saved yourself some major grief down the road.
+1 Don't loose any sleep over it. Who know's mabye as the economy tanks a little more they guy might soften up and call you back to allow the PPI. If that happens be sure to negotiate HARD on the price and don't be afraid of walking away again. It seems there are a LOT of nice 930s out there right now at really good prices.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
pnoob2
Advanced

I agree...now I'm back to hunting. when the right one comes hopefully its owned by a nice independent enthusiast instead of a douche dealer =)
Old 01-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Noah930
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts

Wouldn't sweat it on that car. Fishy stories from the seller. Lack of ability to do your own PPI (deal killer, IMO). Non-stock parts (FWIW the '87 did not come with a 5-speed). And a price that's about $10-15K more than what it should be. You will be able to find a better car, for a lot less money.

Quick Reply: 87 930 turbo slant nose question