Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed Exhaust/Header Combo -

Hey guys, for those who haven't heard yet Fabspeed has finally come up with an outstanding alternative to what we've all been using on 930/965's for the last 10 years or so. I've installed a few of them now, as well as run their stuff on my own car and have been really impressed. The tips look outstanding and the welds are much thicker, plus the 3 to 1 merge collectors have proven themselves both on the Dyno and in real world driving. Spool time is noticably quicker and day-to-day drivability is night and day different. The system has a nice, low sort of 'burbly' tone to it and really makes the car sound mean. The collars on the systems I've installed so far seal up great the first time, instead of having to put the car up in the air and check for leaks, lower it, tighten and repeat...

I'm sold on this setup.

If anyone is in the market P.M. me for special pricing - I'd like to get some more of these setups running around so some other members can post up their honest opinions/feedback.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:33 PM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bummer they didn't select 321SS.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 PM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

321 is getting quite expensive these days which would make the cost signifigantly higher - A per customer request system out of 321 isn't out of the question, but obviously at a higher price. 304's heat resistance is more than adaquate for the 930 application as it's been used with success for quite some time now. If you are interested in a custom application for something that sees prolonged excessive heat cycles, like a dedicated track car let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That there is purty!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Troy, are you running stock headers into that Maxflow? - if so and you're interested in adding some headers to spool that K27S up a lot quicker let me know I'll PM you a price for the headers seperate.

I have a guards red as well... Love your car's stance!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
StianKKK
7th Gear

That setup is the one i just ordered for the car i bought yesterday!
Too bad i didn't see your post about special pricing...
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There's an O2 bung just below the turbo? I'd cap that off and have it installed on the exhaust asap.

Looks good otherwise.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:15 PM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All PM's replied... Anything ordered today or tomorrow (saturday) and I'll pick up shipping too! Give me a call or PM if interested.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
porsche2fst4you
Intermediate

Default help

OK...you guys seem to know whats up with headers. HELP! I have been in the process for 4 years of getting my 88' 3.4l turned into an efi monster. The first guy screwed it up royally, the 2nd guy has got it going..but now is telling me the Schnell headers I was told would work are too restricive for the waste gate causing overboost at 6100 rpm...is this more bs? Can it be fixed without ripping these things out of the car? I mean..to date I have about 35k involved in this rebuild and it seems everyone that is supposed to know what they are doing keeps getting me good. Any help guys? OH, the dyno is at 565 rwhp.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
gsxrken
Advanced

That's a ton of money to spend and still have some taiwanese headers on it, sorry. There are headers with larger wastegate pipes used by folks in your power league. Perhaps as a cheap workaround you can use a spring in the wastegate that opens around .7 to account for your overboost as it creeps up to 1 bar anyway?
What part of the country are you in?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Have a new larger wastegate pipe off the collector installed. The better flowing headers allow more gasses to flow than the restrictive pipe can handle.

When I bought my GHL's I had them do this mod and no more overboost.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:42 AM
porsche2fst4you
Intermediate

Where might I get the right pipe for it at? Patrick is scared of welding on the "cheap" chinese steel so I might have to have him take it to an actual muffler shop.. I dont get that at all B&B's steel all comes from china too I bet..hell, there arent hardly any American steel makers left. How big a pipe do I need do you know?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All PM's replied to guys... Thanks for all the questions so far.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

I don't remember off the top off my head, but it wasn't much. I can measure this weekend when I get back home unless someone chimes in.

Taking it to a muffler shop would be the last place to take it, except for having them bend the pipe. Once bent, take the exhuast to a real welding shop. Clean any and all slag, debbris, etc. before installing. No debris needed in the turbo!

Originally Posted by porsche2fst4you
Where might I get the right pipe for it at? Patrick is scared of welding on the "cheap" chinese steel so I might have to have him take it to an actual muffler shop.. I dont get that at all B&B's steel all comes from china too I bet..hell, there arent hardly any American steel makers left. How big a pipe do I need do you know?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:36 PM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Porsche2fst4you, did you ever get anywhere on your headache? PM me if you're still looking for a solution.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Exhaust/Header Combo -