Unknown 930 Injector location

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:20 PM
chiplynch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unknown 930 Injector location

OK Guys,
I am installing a Fabspeed Intercooler and upon removing my stock intercooler on my '81 930, I came across an injector that lies in between my fuel distributor and the warm up regulator. A picture is attached. The injector is yellow in the picture. There are no wires that go to it that I have found. Other than an over boost issue that i located elsewhere, the car ran fine.

Does anyone know what this injector is there for? It looks factory installed?
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2011, 06:50 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a frequency valve. Having said that, I've exhausted my knowledge, but do a search for it.

Mine was deleted when I installed the IA modded fuel head.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 PM
JFairman
Racer

It's the frequency valve used in the andial fuel enrichment system.

It worked by lowering control pressure to lower the air flow meter sensor plate helping the turbo suck in air easier and the fuel head inject more fuel under high boost.

If not using it get the shorter banjo bolts, remove it, and sell it.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
chiplynch
Intermediate

Default 930 Frequency Valve

Thank you guys. I did a bit more research over ther weekend and found that this was in fact not an injector. It didn't make sense if it were, considering the position of it. My care does not have a ECU/lambda unit (I am told usually underneath the seats)..so I am at a loss as to what the f. valve it would be on the engine. Should I leave it alone, or remove it? If I remove it, do I then use just a straight hose from the regulator to the fuel head?

OH yeah, what do you think about the LEASK adjustable warm up regulators?

http://members.***.net/930wur/

Phillip
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chiplynch
Thank you guys. I did a bit more research over ther weekend and found that this was in fact not an injector. It didn't make sense if it were, considering the position of it. My care does not have a ECU/lambda unit (I am told usually underneath the seats)..so I am at a loss as to what the f. valve it would be on the engine. Should I leave it alone, or remove it? If I remove it, do I then use just a straight hose from the regulator to the fuel head?

OH yeah, what do you think about the LEASK adjustable warm up regulators?

http://members.***.net/930wur/
Phillip

As Jim just said, it's leftover from an Andial enrichment system. If the car no longer has the computer, wiring harness, boost sensor, and the potentiometer that came as part of the Andial kit...and if you don't intend to use it for it's original purpose, then either just leave it as-is, or get the shorter banjo bolts and remove it altogether. The shorter banjos are required in order to remove this thing and seal the lines back up. The rubber hoses basically run parallel to the stock fixed fuel lines which is why it takes longer banjo bolts to accomodate two connections. Hard to explain...clear as mud, right?

Leask adjustable WUR's work well, but aren't really necessary unless you're running with modifications which may require more precise fuel tuning or if you just want to optimize fuel delivery.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:58 AM
chiplynch
Intermediate

Default Understand it now!

Alright, Guys: This is what's good about this site, you get answers quickly!

These are my mods: K-27, with headers, a 1.0 bar wastegate spring, a fabspeed longneck intercooler and a fabspeed intake filter. I am in the process of finishing the install right now. (Valentines week). I have adjusted the valves, changed plugs and wires, oil and filter, and have rebuilt the wastegate. I am awaiting install instructions of the intercooler as there are hoses being eliminated and moved and I cannot figure out where some of them go. My 930 is an '81 with less than 60k on the car.

Any other suggestions? With therse mods, should I consider a Leask warm up regulator? The one on the car is 30 years old?

Phillip
Old 02-15-2011, 05:28 PM
chiplynch
Intermediate

Smile

Here's my Fabspeed Intercooler install. I still need to install a/c belt and few things, but she's about done. There is a lot of room to work on the engine now!! I'll let you know how she runs!
Attached Images      
Old 02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chiplynch
Alright, Guys: This is what's good about this site, you get answers quickly!

These are my mods: K-27, with headers, a 1.0 bar wastegate spring, a fabspeed longneck intercooler and a fabspeed intake filter. I am in the process of finishing the install right now. (Valentines week). I have adjusted the valves, changed plugs and wires, oil and filter, and have rebuilt the wastegate. I am awaiting install instructions of the intercooler as there are hoses being eliminated and moved and I cannot figure out where some of them go. My 930 is an '81 with less than 60k on the car.

Any other suggestions? With therse mods, should I consider a Leask warm up regulator? The one on the car is 30 years old?

Phillip
Phillip, have you been running with these mods all along - but with a stock IC - and are just now changing out to the longneck IC? Or is this an entirely new build beyond stock?
Whereas your build doesn't necessarily require an adjustable WUR, it would be wise to go that direction given that you're running 1.0 bar boost. The stock WUR can probably keep up at 1 bar, but when you start adding a quicker spooling turbo and a larger IC, your intake air flow may change enough to where fueling at full boost is lacking somewhat. Plus, if you elect to go with the BLeask WUR he can install a heavy duty diaphram that's less likely to fail when pushing beyond the .8 bar the stock WUR is designed for.

You may want to run with your stock WUR initially, but if you don't have the means to check AFR's to confirm where your fueling is at, then consider having it put on a dyno. The dyno will tell you if all is ok (or not) but unfortunately the dyno-dude won't be able to correct any fueling issues with a non-adjustable WUR.

Personally, I would get on-board AFR measuring and plotting, an adjustable WUR, and go tune!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
chiplynch
Intermediate

Mark, I have been running the car with these mods and and just installed both the 1 bar wastegate spring and the long neck IC. First time around the block at 1/3 throttle, the clutch began to slip!!. I am about to pull the trans. out and replace the clutch with a Kennedy Unit.

My plan is to install and AFR gauge when I get her back on the road to be sure I do not run lean.. Any ideas on that AFR set up? What about if i go with the LEASK unit?

Phillip

Quick Reply: Unknown 930 Injector location