911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Installing Kolken Intercooler but have a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Black 930 Turbo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installing Kolken Intercooler but have a question

Well its been a while since my first post in which I had my 1987 930 just shut off on me while driving but I think that issue has been solved. So let me get to heart of the problem. After removing my boost press Sensor Relay and Porsche 930 Ignition Cut Off Relay (which come to find out was my problem). I figured while I was waiting for those parts to arrive I might as well remove the old BOV assembly in preparaton for a used Kolken intercooler that I purchased from a friend. The only things were instructions, barb fitting for the vacuum line and the C2 style elbow which I ordered and have now. Well my problem is I know I can pull manifold pressure from the vacuum line connected to the throttle body and connect it to the BOV on the C2 style elbow. Now there is a small vacuum/boost line about 5mm to 8mm (Inner Diameter) coming from my Kolken intercoler. If I am right this is my line for my boost.........only question I have is where do I connect it too. I was thinking I need a barbed "T" vacuum connector but I am not sure. Rather mess something up I'd rather ask the people out there who have been there and done that. Please advise or point me into the right direction.

V/r

Charles

Last edited by Black 930 Turbo; 03-30-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections
Old 04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Charles,

The boost line goes from the side of the wastegate (with a banjo bolt) to a port on the back lower side of the Kokeln. Tte top of the wastegate is vented to atmosphere with a bonjo bolt and a short piece of rubber hose pointed to the back.

There's actually three ports. One is for the boost sending unit, one for the overboost switch and one for the threaded nipple that comes with the kit. A fuel injection line running between the wastegate and intercooler fittings completes the connection.

In the pictures below, you can see the top is vented. The side port goes to the intercooler.

Regards
Attached Images   
Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my car the vented hose was routed back into the engine compartment to keep critters out like dirt dobbers etc and general crud. The hole is already there so no drilling.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Black 930 Turbo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the information. I was thinking maybe the hose needed to connect to the wastegate hose but was not so sure because the hose connected to my intercooler looked to small in my opinion to connect to the waste gate. However I will take my intercooler out of the box and look at it again and then order the hose needed to connect to the wastegate and intercooler.

V/r

Charles

Quick Reply: Installing Kolken Intercooler but have a question