911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Trust Me--Or else!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trust Me--Or else!

Is it me or is this guy just a little to full of himself? I talked to him when I was looking for a 930 about 9 months ago. He would not quote me a price over the phone. Wanted me to e-mail him a list of what I wanted in a car.

I was inquiring abour a 79 silver car he had which (he still has) was on his web site. After I listened to how knowledgable he was and started asking questions about the car, he would awnser in the same way as he does in this ad. " if it were not a perfect car, I would not have bought it in the first place" Also check out the questions someone suposedly sent him.

Has anyone here ever had any experience with Voiture Ltd.?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-...item27ba0f9a69[/COLOR]
Old 04-09-2011, 01:03 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I dare you to ask him if it has the motorsport water pump.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:06 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I dare you to ask him if it has the motorsport water pump.
Splain???
Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Voiture usually has the cream of the crop, just like Sloan and TruSpeed.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:46 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
Voiture usually has the cream of the crop, just like Sloan and TruSpeed.
Sloan and Truspeed have a history here, and as far as I can see VoitureLtd does not. Have you read the e-bay listing? I have bought cars from Sloan,(not truspeed) but I just think the arrogrance of the e-bay ad is a total turn off.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 AM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I read the ad. Just a lot of fluff and hyperbole.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Be nervous of sellers that fail to list prices. Usually means that they are willing to adjust the price based on the buyers financial status...
Old 04-10-2011, 06:48 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

If he has actually judged at Pebble Beach and it was in Porsches then he is probablly speaking like he always does. I read his ad and did not find it offensive though a little on the snobby side. It appears that he has a fine collection of Pcars and knows what he is talking about. I recently sold my 930 to a Pcar judge at the Amelia Island show and he was a real gent. He said that he wanted a turbo to drive the hell out of and that he had enough of 100 point cars. He also judged Ferrarris and had one for sell. I can see how a person that knows too much about a certain line of cars can be hard to talk with. Any question you ask him is almost an insult to him if it concerns his car.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911rudy
If he has actually judged at Pebble Beach and it was in Porsches then he is probablly speaking like he always does. I read his ad and did not find it offensive though a little on the snobby side. It appears that he has a fine collection of Pcars and knows what he is talking about. I recently sold my 930 to a Pcar judge at the Amelia Island show and he was a real gent. He said that he wanted a turbo to drive the hell out of and that he had enough of 100 point cars. He also judged Ferrarris and had one for sell. I can see how a person that knows too much about a certain line of cars can be hard to talk with. Any question you ask him is almost an insult to him if it concerns his car.
You are probley right Rudy, but he is a dealer trying to sell a car, not render an opinion on why his cars are more valuable, simply because he owns them. As I mentioned, I had talked to him when i was looking for my current car. I was intrested the silver 79 930 has on his web site. He described the car as musume quality. While the exterior phots well, the interior shows its age. He would not quote me a price unless I e-mailed him what I was looking for. At the time he had one of the only silver 930's that was stock. He was taken back that I asked him if he had a COA for the car.

That was not my first rodeo, I have contioiously owned these cars since I made the mistake of driving my first 911 back in 1986. I just feel sorry for some newbie who thinks that his way of selling is the only way to buy a classic P-car. Ray Joseph, or Richard Sloan, both of whom I have bought cars from,
would never talk to a customer the way he talked to me.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:37 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by six gun
Splain???
Life is too short to deal with guys like that.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:11 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
Life is too short to deal with guys like that.
You are absoutley rigth

Thanks for reminding me>
Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like he's trying to imply that he really doesn't want sell cars ("my son set up the account") yet he does sell cars.

Marketing 101. "If you have to ask...."

Playing on your pride, if you don't want to inquire about the car with an offer that he can counter with or accept if you over bid, you're probably not worth it.....

Sorry buddy, 2007 is long gone.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
willtel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VoitureLtd posts on the Pelican 930 forum quite a bit and is very knowledgeable about these cars. He has loads of them and has owned them for years.

Keep in mind you are buying a car, not a relationship with the previous owner.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 151 Posts

Tony from Voiture posts on the Pelican Turbo BBS frequently...never met him or know him, but his posts come off sounding brash and somewhat arrogant.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
johnlush
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was helping a family member locate a pre-'80 930 a year or so ago. I spent almost an hour on the phone with Tony and we had a great conversation. His selling style may be a bit unorthodox but he is very knowledgeable about 930's and I think he's truly interested in helping someone find the right car. No more or less brash or arrogant than a lot of Porsche guys I've dealt with over the years...

Quick Reply: Trust Me--Or else!