911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Anyone has info on this guy "lowmileshasbeens"

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Orli930
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone has info on this guy "lowmileshasbeens"

Trying to sell this car but he has two numbers one in vegas and one in West coast of florida.

Car has also been posted in the PCA.org website for sale with florida phone number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/31-00...item43a7ff3392
Old 07-04-2011, 05:10 AM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe he was on Rennlist as LOWMILES. He got banned here probably because he was flipping cars he bought here and users got mad. I sold him my 91 964 turbo and it was a trouble free transaction.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:31 AM
chi
2nd Gear

Yes. I know him. I sold him that eBay 87 m505 factory slant for 51k after he told me a sob story of how much it was his dream car and would never part with it. To my shock, found the car on eBay being flipped less than three weeks. Really disappointed by this since it's clear the original Fuchs are gone. Don't know what else he swapped out. Would never buy from a guy who blatantly lies. I made it clear I would never sell to dealers or investors. I wanted an enthusiast to get it for a good price. I am very sickened.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:59 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 151 Posts

Nice car and fetching a huge price on eBay..wow!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Dont be so sure those bids were real. Private auction, known liar = shill bidders
Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 AM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

You know when people refer to someone as a "piece of work"? This is that guy. Philip Haupt I think his name is and yeah he was banned from here. I sold him a minty 26k mile 944S2 and the whole experience was just remarkably bad. I regretted the sale immediately since I knew whoever he sold it to would have to interact with him in some way.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Anyone care to wager that this is the same Philip with one "L" inquiring about a 993 with 2k miles?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...75a#vi-content
Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Interesting...I've noticed he has had some nice examples on ebay. Problem(or not a problem for him) is, he always seems to find a buyer. I mean, he is still in business right? I am by no means defending his actions(and by that I mean having a crappy personality or sh***y sales/buyers tactic) but let's face it...in the end he is making his money. Supply and demand is the key..plus no shortage of buyers, who are willing to pay his above average prices.

He had a beautiful pearl white 930 turbo last week on ebay. When was the last time most of us saw a pearl white 930 with all leather ,low mileage and mint condition. So for some, it might just be worth it to pay extra for a vehicle in a rare color in mint condition. Now how much extra?..well that depends on the buyer.

I myself would pay a little extra for something I would consider "hard to find" but I am by no means putting someone else's kid through college..
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speednme
Interesting...I've noticed he has had some nice examples on ebay. Problem(or not a problem for him) is, he always seems to find a buyer. I mean, he is still in business right? I am by no means defending his actions(and by that I mean having a crappy personality or sh***y sales/buyers tactic) but let's face it...in the end he is making his money. Supply and demand is the key..plus no shortage of buyers, who are willing to pay his above average prices.

He had a beautiful pearl white 930 turbo last week on ebay. When was the last time most of us saw a pearl white 930 with all leather ,low mileage and mint condition. So for some, it might just be worth it to pay extra for a vehicle in a rare color in mint condition. Now how much extra?..well that depends on the buyer.

I myself would pay a little extra for something I would consider "hard to find" but I am by no means putting someone else's kid through college..
+ 1
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

he's a flipper
Old 07-16-2011, 11:03 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chi
Yes. I know him. I sold him that eBay 87 m505 factory slant for 51k after he told me a sob story of how much it was his dream car and would never part with it. To my shock, found the car on eBay being flipped less than three weeks. Really disappointed by this since it's clear the original Fuchs are gone. Don't know what else he swapped out. Would never buy from a guy who blatantly lies. I made it clear I would never sell to dealers or investors. I wanted an enthusiast to get it for a good price. I am very sickened.
What am I missing here? No one held a gun to your head and made him BUY anything. He looks for cars here because this site has a collection of realy cool cars. I don't know him or never met him but I can not see the diffrence between him and say Ray Joseph or Richard Sloan.

When you buy a car, keep it for a peroid of time and sell it, What do you call that? I call it flipping,
Old 07-17-2011, 04:44 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by six gun
What am I missing here? No one held a gun to your head and made him BUY anything. He looks for cars here because this site has a collection of realy cool cars. I don't know him or never met him but I can not see the diffrence between him and say Ray Joseph or Richard Sloan.

When you buy a car, keep it for a peroid of time and sell it, What do you call that? I call it flipping,
You don't see the difference between this **** and actual legitimate car dealers with solid reps? Srsly?

Look through some of his threads and tell me that again. Or better yet, try buying/selling a car from/to him and tell us how it goes.

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8980050
Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

flipper
A trader who attempts to make a small profit by very quick in-and-out buying and selling.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiesan
You don't see the difference between this **** and actual legitimate car dealers with solid reps? Srsly?

Look through some of his threads and tell me that again. Or better yet, try buying/selling a car from/to him and tell us how it goes.

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8980050
Tried the connection you gave me and did find thay he had been banned from here. I also did a search in the 930, and 911 forums using "low miles" and came up with nothing. I then went back and re-read the posting on e-bay for the slant nose he has posted. I don't care for slants, or the color blk. but if I were looking for a low mileage, blk, 930, based on the pictures he posted I would give him a call.

Are you saying that he posts one car and ships another, as in the only complaint I found in the acrhives? or is your problem that he represents himself as a collector buys and pays for the car, and then turns around and flips it.

If he was banned from here because of misrepresentation then that's fraud and he should not only be banned but sued as well. But if he just flipped it, what is wrong with that?

I have bought and sold a lot of cars, and I can see by your past ownership that you have done the same. On most I have lost money or broke even and once in a blue moon I have made money.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:45 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

i've seen the name before....

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...our-help-2922/

Quick Reply: Anyone has info on this guy "lowmileshasbeens"