Sponsored by:

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 09:44 AM
TDrinkwater
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

Hello Everyone, I don’t know if this is the right venue or if I am doing this right but I am looking for some help to put my husband’s 1974 914LE Porsche back together. Here is my story. I am a Widow, who lives in Fergus, which is North of Guelph. I lost my husband in 2017 from cancer that he got having volunteered in NY during 9/11 for the Red Cross for 5 weeks. We found out in 2014 that he had it and he fought and we thought we had it beat but then in April 2017 we found out it came back big time and in June my husband lost his battle. During the time that he was ill he started to work on his Porsche to distract himself from what was going on, but didn’t have the chance to put it back together. I have tried over the last three years to find someone to help me to put it back together with no luck. They have either misunderstood and thought I wanted to sell it, or wanted to charge me a lot of money just to come look at, or bring it to them to look at, or said yes they would help but have never shown up, Or too busy to help, or not interested in helping, or friends (or so I thought) who accepted over $1000 worth of my husbands tools and promised to help but hasn’t shown up and now ignores my phone calls and emails. I am asking for help on here now because I am down to the wire. I have just sold my home and have to be out by Oct 2 and I need to be able to move my husband’s baby as he left it to our daughter and I would like her to have it. The car is not completely torn apart. The wheels are off, the two doors, and hoods are off. The motor is still in. I’m sure other things are off but I don’t know enough about it to tell you, and with just sitting for these years I don’t know what that does to a car. Everything that he has worked on is on shelves right by the car or in the car. I know with COVID it maybe difficult but the car is in my husband’s shop, which is on our property so no one else would be around. Please I need help and I don’t know where else to turn. I know my husband was on Porsche forums, because every time I would come n to check on him when he was suppose to be sleeping he was talking on them. Maybe if a couple of you guys could work on it, it would get done with ease. Please I would really appreciate help, this car meant a lot to him and I just don’t know where else to turn. Thank you for listening to me. I hope one or two or however many of you can help me.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:23 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Wish I could.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:07 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,192 Likes on 3,948 Posts

Isorry for your loss and the situation.

I think most of us here are in the US so won't be much help. I don't even know where Guelph is.

Post a similar message on 914world.com as that's a much more active forum for the 914. Pelican Parts is another one.

Good luck with it. A car sitting for a few tears without bring properly setup for that is not going to make this an easy project though. Fuel will no longer be good and will varnish up. Brakes will get stuck, etc
Old 08-15-2020, 11:07 AM
TDrinkwater
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Petza914 for your advice. I appreciate it!
Old 08-15-2020, 10:09 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 958 Likes on 572 Posts

Like Petza suggested, try 914World. You might also reach out to the Porsche Club of America (which also includes Canada).

Quick Reply: Need Help