Sponsored by:

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:39 PM
rmdsolutions
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brakes

I have a 1970 1.7 and I have owned it for a about a month when I got it the brake pedal was real hard to press when I got up this morning the pedal went right to floor with out any presure I checked the fluid level and there was none so I filled it up and checked the pedal again and it is still goes to the floor without presure brakes work to a degree but I do not know if this is right. When I bought the car it had been sitting for about 6 months so was the pedal firm because it was sitting and now it gets driven regularly and it has loosened up. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Charles
Old 01-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Rouser
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better pull up the driver's side carpet, remove the pedal board, and see if you now have a brake fluid reservoir forming on the bulkhead floor. If so, your master cylinder is hosed.

Brake fluid goes to one of two places, it either evaporates, or it flings all over wherever it's leaking from, chewing paint and metal as it travels, THAN it evaporates.

Check your MC above, connecting hoses, and each rubber brake line and caliper.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Was the belly of the car wet or was the floor stained or wet from brake fluid? If you can follow the stream up to where the leak is (if it hasn't evaporated yet). That is what I did when I had a leak at the track. I followed the trail to the problem.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Joe Ricard
Pro

Well what did you find?

Quick Reply: Brakes