Sponsored by:

I am looking for ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am looking for ....

A car radio from the 70's. Blaupunkt or Becker (prefer Blaupunkt) with the dial and all that. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with. Ebay prices are outrageous. They are plentiful on ebay germany, however most of the buyers don't like paypal, just "ueberweisung" (wire transfer).
Let me know what you have. Ideally a Blaupunkt Nurnberg or Frankfurt would be sweet.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the frequency ranges the same both sides of the pond?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

check the back of Excellence... There is a company that works on and sells vintage radios.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:34 AM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a period Blaupunkt in my original six but I can't hear it unless I'm stopped at a light. Maybe a broken one with a good appearance would suffice for a lower price. Just a thought. I had an Alpine in there and it was a bit louder but it broke. Like you, I preferred a period correct unit, but it is useless except to fill the hole properly. Or maybe I simply like to listen to the engine too much.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Irishdriver

Are the frequency ranges the same both sides of the pond?
From my experience having been on both sides of said pond, yes. Although I'm not 100 percent on the older radios.

If I could find a radio that looks like it matches the interior of the car, but isn't really old I'd be happy with that. I just really don't want all the blue LED lights and flashy video screens as it would look out of place to no end.

Becker makes a brand new "Mexico". Includes all the modern features, but looks like the classic. It is ridiculously expensive. Upwards of 1500 Euros I believe.

Here's a link: http://www.mybecker.com/deDE/CAR+INF...eberblick.html
Old 09-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Too bad it's so expensive. I have a Becker in my 928 and it is the best car radio I've ever known. It was meant for a Boxster so it wouldn't meet the criteria for "period" appearance.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:54 PM
CFM928
Advanced

"Are the frequency ranges the same both sides of the pond?"

I have a Becker Europa out of a Euro Mercedes - It only goes to 104 on the FM dial, and has some weather / SW bands that receive only static in the US. It got wet while in a basement storage box and is FUBAR. If anyone wants it, I'd likely trade it for a couple used light bulbs... ;-)
Old 10-12-2008, 10:47 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

I ended up buying a brand new blaupunkt "san diego" or something like that. It's mostly black and has a chrome face so it looks close enough to the heater control. Not original but I gave up on that :-p
Old 10-13-2008, 07:40 PM
racer
Drifting

Bummer.. I was cleaning my garage a bit this weekend and found a '70s vintage VW (Porsche?) radio... not sure if it works though.. Well, now I can officially throw it out

Quick Reply: I am looking for ....